Are you happy being single/married?

neophyte

Reaction score
Handicap
I read that 50% of the adults are singles and that more and more singles today are happy being single. Are you happy or unhappy being single or do you wish you were single again or married again?

I am single today, I was married for 17 years and have been single for the last 15 years. I am happy today, and was unhappy married. I have no desire to be married because today marriage has become a license for men and women to be mean and manipulative to their spouse and children.

I read that 50% of the adults are singles and that more and more singles today are happy being single. Are you happy or unhappy being single or do you wish you were single again or married again?

I am single today, I was married for 17 years and have been single for the last 15 years. I am happy today, and was unhappy married. I have no desire to be married because today marriage has become a license for men and women to be mean and manipulative to their spouse and children.

I disagree with that. Maybe that was the case for you, but not for everyone.

I thought I was happy when I was single, now I know what happiness is, and that is my Wife and my family.

i think you have to be happy being single to really be happy when you are married. Dont get married because you arent happy being single. Just got little deep on ya, ha

marriage has become a license for men and women to be mean and manipulative to their spouse and children.

Neophyte: I have no issues with someone being single or married. Hopefully they determine what makes them happy but the above that I quoted is just BS. Maybe that's what you believe but to state is as fact is very judgmental.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I'm thinking of divorcing my wife so I can play more golf and maintain my handicap.

I'm thinkg of divorcing my wife so I can play more golf and maintain my handicap.

My wife is just getting into golf which enables me to play more and spend quality time with her. Win win!

And yes, I know you were being sarcastic! :D

Tappin' from my iPad!

Marriage is nice. Work is what keeps me from golfing and makes me unhappy.

John Deere Tappin...

I'm very happy being married, I couldn't imagine not being married to my wife. As DJ says above it's work that sucks. Marriage is great!

Marriage is awesome, find the right person and live life to the fullest with your best friend! I will say though, a good marriage has no emotional hostages or emotional vampires.

I was single for 41 years until I got married.
Was generally happy, but sometimes lonely, being single but now I know what happiness really is by being married to a woman I love and having our first child 8 months ago.

Happinest is best shared with others you love....

Got married at 32 so had plenty of fun in my 20's! Made me appreicate being married even more. Have 3 kids and would not trade 'em for the world. There are up's and down's in any relationship/marriage and you hope to just get through them. Love my wife and she lets me go out and have my time with the boys.

But I agree with Dirtydawg......work is the main issue with the golf game!

I'm thinking of divorcing my wife so I can play more golf and maintain my handicap.

Start a thread...lol I love my wife and could not imaging my life without her.

I like golf and being with my girl.

To the question I answer: Yes.

I want to be married, but I also want to be married to the right woman. I am happy being single, but I was made to share my life with someone very special. I have no problem being patient

hahahaha. Don't open that can of worms again.

I'm very happy being married, I couldn't imagine not being married to my wife. As DJ says above it's work that sucks. Marriage is great!

You seem like a very happy guy. I am always touched at how much you love your little girls and how much they love you. I won't say this in the MC thread, but you are an inspiration man.

As long as you pick the right girl (or guy) marriage is awesome....I just celebrated 10 years and couldn't be happier.

I do not agree with that line at all. Manipulative people behave that way whether they are married or not. I've been married 23 years to my best friend and could not have been happier the last 23 years. My life was pretty empty before that without this special person. I'd marry her over and over if I had to.

I hate seeing threads like this come up, but yeah, I'm ecstatic being married to my wife.

The first one, not so much! haha

I have been married for 33 years - nothing is perfect so the honest answer is yes and no both.

I'm quite happy being married, wouldn't want it any other way. My wife is my best friend and I have no desire to live without her. Just have to find the right mate and then keep trying. Too many marriages end because people rushed into it, stopped trying, got lazy, etc. If you truly love someone you never stop trying to show them you love them and vice versa. You get what you give in a good relationship.

I hate seeing threads like this come up, but yeah, I'm ecstatic being married to my wife.

The first one, not so much! haha

I know what you mean, but I think it shows how much of a family we are here that people can bring up this kind of pseudo intimate matter to get advice/discuss.

Back