Harrison Shotmaker Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review Ryan! This seems like a decent product but golfers are seeing mixed results. Appreciate you giving us on course and simulator feedback.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Thanks for the great review Ryan. I think the purpose of this product is great, but it just needs some more work to make it better. I hope that they come out with product system later that can really help some golfers control their tee shots.

Thanks JB! This is a very interesting review and I'm definately interested in trying one of these for myself!

Very good and honest review. I was interested in this product but I'm kind of turned off by the company. How about testing your product fully before releasing. Oh you are not seeing the results you want? Your shaft isn't compatible.

Nice review Ryan, great read.
An interesting idea for a product, and one which just didn’t really do it for you it seems. There’s been a lot of talk on the forum about it too. I’d like to see them run with this idea and refine it if they really believe in it.
This line says it all for me though – ” I’m not sure my accuracy issues are really a product of shaft deformation as much as they are a product of the swing I put on the club.”
I think that’s true for most of us out there!

Nice review Ryan, great read.
An interesting idea for a product, and one which just didn’t really do it for you it seems. There’s been a lot of talk on the forum about it too. I’d like to see them run with this idea and refine it if they really believe in it.
This line says it all for me though – ” I’m not sure my accuracy issues are really a product of shaft deformation as much as they are a product of the swing I put on the club.”
I think that’s true for most of us out there!

Thanks guys.

I'm not going to disupte Harrison's claims that shaft deformation can cause inaccuracy in some cases. I will dispute that it's the reason most amateurs hit slices, hooks, pulls, pushes, etc.

It was a great review Ryan. Thanks for putting the launch monitor numbers in there as well!

Good honest review Hawk. I was a little skeptical of this product when I first found out about it. Seems like something that could be a quick fix for some people. Personally I’d rather be fit for a shaft that gives me optimal performance. I know there is a 30 day guarantee, but 150 seems pretty steep to me for something that may or may not work in my current golf shaft.

Solid review Hawk. I will leave a comment on the home page when I'm on a CPU. Truthfully, this product does nothing for me. Like some have said, I prefer having a shaft optimized for me and am not interested in throwing another thing to think about into the equation.

Hawk that was a really solid review! I really enjoyed being able to see your LM numbers and your honest discussion about the product and the company. I am going tomorrow to get my final round of data on a LM tomorrow, so I am excited to see if the data confirms what I got previously. Great job on the write up!

Thanks for the comments, guys.

I will say that, for a few reasons, this was one of the hardest products I've ever had to test and write about. I do see some merit in the idea itself, but I'd love to see some real improvements in the way it's marketed and in the information available to consumers. As it stands today, I would really hesitate recommending it, regardless of the 30 day guarantee.

Great write up Hawk. It sounds too good to be true in my opinion and I learned long ago if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. The whole thing about not "fitting" in your Miyazaki is just crazy and then not to have any real list of shafts it fits in is even more crazy to me. Great work on the review and also great advice to others NOT to just guess on the fit for them. Too bad this thing didn't work, it sounds like a great idea.

That was a great review Hawk. I think you were very honest and open about the product and I think it will truly help people decide whether or not they are going to spend their hard earned money on this product or not. THanks again.

Good stuff Hawk, truly unbiased and hones, I think we all (Harrison included) should be able to appreciate that.

I know I liked mine in my RIP and Saga, no need or desire (or fit) in the Miya now though.

Again, good stuff Hawk.

Nice review Ryan. Interesting product as I have heard a lot of mixed results with this thing.

Nice review. I appreciate your honesty.

I have received multiple PM's forwarded to me from multiple members here that all have one thing in common. That the company producing this piece of equipment, has come up with a conspiracy theory on why some of the people here struggle with some of the issues that this company is putting out. Going as far as to making claims that THP is taking money from Google Adsense and because of that cannot have the Shotmaker liked.

Google Adsense pays them basing on the traffic of the site. View points from opposite directions drive traffic. If every one goes one way, it can be beneficial to go the other way to drive traffic.

Not only is the most absurd thing I have ever read, I have never received a nickel from Google for adsense or anything else. If someone wants to bash THP, the thoughts of the people here or even accuse us of bias, at least they should get their facts straight because that does not even make any sense. In one PM he went on to say that "nobody doing a review should ever question customer service since they received the device for free". Apparently that is what customer services means to fastmc and he is clearly not comprehending what has been said by numerous people here.

If Mike Cheng or fastmc really wants to go down this path of slinging ridiculous statements to the members of THP (which is clear he will do both in the thread and PM), I would be happy to go that route and release the PM's he sent me showing that all of the statements he has made in these threads are completely contradictory of what he says in private and that a man like this should NOT be allowed to be a company's pitch man because of the complete nonsense that he has been coming up with. THP will as always take the high road here and move past all of this.

What a shame that a product that seems to work so well for some people and something that is built on a premise of helping people would be put through this nonsense by a man that chooses to do business this way.

I've actually paid money for their products in the past, but after seeing this I will never see Harrison in the same light. He flat out sent messages to our members with lies regarding the way this review was conducted, which products I received, and my intentions reviewing the product.

I have received multiple PM's forwarded to me from multiple members here that all have one thing in common. That the company producing this piece of equipment, has come up with a conspiracy theory on why some of the people here struggle with some of the issues that this company is putting out. Going as far as to making claims that THP is taking money from Google Adsense and because of that cannot have the Shotmaker liked.

Not only is the most absurd thing I have ever read, I have never received a nickel from Google for adsense or anything else. If someone wants to bash THP, the thoughts of the people here or even accuse us of bias, at least they should get their facts straight because that does not even make any sense. In one PM he went on to say that "nobody doing a review should ever question customer service since they received the device for free". Apparently that is what customer services means to fastmc and he is clearly not comprehending what has been said by numerous people here.

If Mike Cheng or fastmc really wants to go down this path of slinging ridiculous statements to the members of THP (which is clear he will do both in the thread and PM), I would be happy to go that route and release the PM's he sent me showing that all of the statements he has made in these threads are completely contradictory of what he says in private and that a man like this should NOT be allowed to be a company's pitch man because of the complete nonsense that he has been coming up with. THP will as always take the high road here and move past all of this.

What a shame that a product that seems to work so well for some people and something that is built on a premise of helping people would be put through this nonsense by a man that chooses to do business this way.

This greatly upsets me and instead of getting angry about a negative review I wish they could take the constructive criticism and learn from it. That's the entire point of an unbias review. On a separate note, I handle all the finacnes for THP and I had no idea what Google adsense even was until just now.

Not only does the guy not know much about his own product, he certainly doesn't know how google adsense works either. I wonder if Harrison knows this person is responsible for representing their products on the INTERNET. Ooops!

What a sad story this has been. Are those 2 guys owners or just reps?

What a sad story this has been. Are those 2 guys owners or just reps?

Despite them apparently knowing exactly how THP runs (clearly sarcasm), I have no idea who runs and who owns the Harrison brand fully. At this point, nor do I care to. The contradictions and downright lies that have been expressed here are testament enough that there are too many good products out there.

I've followed this thread, mainly because I like how Ryan reviews products. I'm a little shocked because I heard both positive and negative results from everybody, which tells me that I think the product is being discussed openly (which is the point, right?). This thing sounds just like a young child who begins to deflect the real issue with something completely off topic.

Thanks Ryan and the other THPers who've given their true opinions on the subject. For a brief moment, I thought about trying one of these for myself, just to see.

Back