PGA Tour Rookie of the Year Nominees

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Bradley is the obvious choice, but I had forgotten Schartzelmcdougin was a rookie also. Winning the Masters is always impressive.

No doubt that it was a good year for the rookies, but the nod has to go to Bradley. He's had a great year, I look forward to see what he'll do in the future.

A lot of rookies with good years, but I think the clear choice is Keegan. He was great all year and showed it with a 13th on the money list.

I think it's Bradley

hahaha, is there really other nominee's? C'mon man! Keegan takes this in a landslide.

• Admin
hahaha, is there really other nominee's? C'mon man! Keegan takes this in a landslide.

Another nominee won the Masters this year.

I cannot see anyone other than KB winning this, I would really be shocked if he does not.

He also took that drop which would make me not want to give him an award

I know, but that won't win him ROY. Keegan's a clear-cut winner to me. He was part of the POY conversation, Charl was not.

I vote for Charles.

I like the way Charl Schwartzel played this year. He did not enter as many tournaments as Keegan but had an excellent year. Keegan will probably win ROTY with all the $$$ he took home.

Charles wil probably get the nod, the Masters is a huge tourney and it sure out ranks the PGA in the golf world. KB had a great year and no one can take that away from him. He is the best golfer in the bunch, that's for sure.

This may be the closest call I can remember for R O Y, tough choice.

Well, last year the honor went to Rickie Fowler over Rory McIlroy, and Fowler didn't win a thing. It'll go to Keegan. Not even close.

Charles wil probably get the nod, the Masters is a huge tourney and it sure out ranks the PGA in the golf world. KB had a great year and no one can take that away from him. He is the best golfer in the bunch, that's for sure.

This may be the closest call I can remember for R O Y, tough choice.

Best of the bunch? An entirely different debate there but I'm definitely taking Charles all day long in that spot.

Interesting. I believe that Keegan will win it because he got 2 wins and one of them being a major late in the year. However, both him and Charl had 4 top 10's and Charl did it in 16 starts while it was 29 for Keegan. Something to be said for a top 10 in every 4 starts for Charl. If Keegan did not have that 2nd win then I think we have a real debate on our hands.

Tappin' from my iPad!

I have a feeling it'll be Keegan, but the 4 top 10's out of 29 events is really eye catching. Does that stat include the 2 wins, meaning he won twice and had 2 other top 10's?

John Deere Tap'n...

I have a feeling it'll be Keegan, but the 4 top 10's out of 29 events is really eye catching. Does that stat include the 2 wins, meaning he won twice and had 2 other top 10's?

John Deere Tap'n...

Yes, i believe those wins are also counted as top 10's.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Yes, i believe those wins are also counted as top 10's.

Tappin' from my iPad!

Yeah, I kind of figured. It should be a tough decision between he and Charl, but I'm sure KB is a lock.

John Deere Tap'n...

I didn't expect to see this one as a close contest, until I see the stats in black and white here.

Who is to say Charl wouldn't have got that second win with another 12 or 13 starts? He might have. But, ultimately, he didn't do that and the 2nd win pushes KB over the line for me.

Sadly after what happened last year this award really means nothing and is more a popularity contest than an award of any real merit. Keegan deserves it though.

I think KB will take the title but CS played in 11 fewer events won the Masters and also had 4 top tens. Granted he did not add an additional win on the PGA tour but he was more consistent

And performed well on the Euro Tour. Although thats irrelevant.
I think KB will take the title but CS played in 11 fewer events won the Masters and also had 4 top tens. Granted he did not add an additional win on the PGA tour but he was more consistent

with golf being global they really should take the entire body of work into consideration. But they don't and I am fine with that...

And performed well on the Euro Tour. Although thats irrelevant.

Back