The 2nd Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Tour Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is more like a "PSA" announcement.

They won't be anything like that. First off, they only have 30 seconds, not minutes, and they are at their homes, not anywhere that they will have a banner.

I think they will be more like commercials.

I would agree on the commercial. Sold myself as much as the golf ball

Ready, Aim, (Kindle) FIRE!

I didn't mean the promos for entry. I meant the promos at the event.

I didn't mean the promos for entry. I meant the promos at the event.

Based on what I witnessed next year the guys did a great job. I would think there might be a few changes just to tweak them. Just guessing because with 2.0 everything seems to be up a level

They won't be anything like that. First off, they only have 30 seconds, not minutes, and they are at their homes, not anywhere that they will have a banner.

I think they will be more like commercials.

My promo runs like a commercial, my intro is just that. "Hey it's me, I rule, blah blah, (dang, I meant to smile, am I smiling?), and thanks" Not much mention of the MC, sponsors, just sharing my experiences up to that point with a little about me. I do better with me not the focus and I thought the intro vid should be basically about me. Can't wait for the next step!

as i have only ever used Callaway i'm interested to see how the other sponsors will affect my game in a positive or negative way, either way i'll be ecstatic just to get into the MC never mind being sponsored by such awesome and generous brands

I'd be thrilled to play gear from any of the three companies.

If I was going for 'comfort', it would probably be SRI for the clubs since I've played/do play many of their offerings and I play well with them. However, to say I'm comfortable with the Bridgestone balls is a huge understatement. Their clubs have me very interested as well and I think those DPC's could be a perfect blend of sleekness with some forgiveness. As for Callaway, I don't have a ton of experience with their gear, so getting the opportunity would be a treat. I love trying new things and judging by the MC 1 comments, I'd be very happy with what they offer. Oh, and if I was lucky I could sport those RAZR shoes!

I don't have a preference except for the Bridgestone balls. Just a few days ago I tried BS irons for first time. I believe they were J38 forged. These felt very good so I am.interested in giving them another go and trying their latest offerings. I have hit the Cleveland CG 16 irons at last years PGA show and walked away quite impressed. Nowadays each of these companies offer such stellar equipment it really does come down to whichever works best for the individuals swing.

TapAhoy!

Since I'm a Capt I don't think it's wise for me to pick an OEM. But here is just a thought or two for each OEM

Cleveland/Srixon--The full lineup has me excited. Having hit just one club from it(Cleveland Black driver), I am completely sold. Throw in the Miyazaki shafts and Srixon balls and I would be completely happy.

Callaway--Grew up hitting Callaway. When I hit a Cally club now I still get that great feel from them. I'm loving the looks of the Razr Fit and after having hit the XF's I could easily bag them

Bridgestone--One of the nicest feeling irons I've ever hit is the J36/J33 irons. They were so soft. Reading JB's thoughts on the J40 driver and Hanks/Jakes thoughts on the irons and I could be extremelly happy with a Bridgestone bag. Not to mention that my favorite ball is the B330RX in yellow

Great point Chunky and I feel the same way. Each sponsor offers some really great products, so I would be thrilled to represent any of them.

Well, after a little absence from this thread (and the forum) due to vacations and ridiculous work trips, I'm back with some good news. This week I have successfully negotiated permission with the wife to submit an entry for the Morgan Cup. I made sure she understood that it was a bigger committment than simply a weekend of golf, that there was a significant investment to be involved in all of the events and chicanery leading up it. I have the green light, so I'm running with it!

This leaves me a little short on time to produce the required videos, but I've got some ideas I've been mulling for the past month or so and think I'll be able to pull this off.

A quick thank you to Mrs Golf4life for her willingness to let me get involved. And watch out team THP if I do somehow get picked. You don't know what trash talk is yet.

That is awesome G4L! Get out there and make some videos

That is great news golf4life. Can't wait to see your vids.

Thanks guys! 30 seconds is really so short. I think I'm going to go light on the funny and focus on really key stuff. We'll see how it goes....

Good to hear you're getting in on this G4L! The more the merrier!

Great stuff G4L, I was wondering if you were going to put in for the MC.

Thanks guys! 30 seconds is really so short. I think I'm going to go light on the funny and focus on really key stuff. We'll see how it goes....

Good to hear it G4L and yes 30 seconds goes sooo quickly, lol.

30 seconds is soooo short. It's even shorter than 31 seconds! Squeezing in the vids is tough!

I think 30 seconds is a ton of time. My wife says I'm 30 seconds of fury that will be the best 30 seconds of your life, so if I can do that I bet I could make a pitch video in that amount of time.

I think 30 seconds is a ton of time. My wife says I'm 30 seconds of fury that will be the best 30 seconds of your life, so if I can do that I bet I could make a pitch video in that amount of time.

Ha ha ha ha ha nice

Glad you are tossing your name into the hat G4L!

TapAhoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back