dress like a tour pro, play like a hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of people here dress with style, from scratch golfers to people who shoot over 100. I say wear what you want. Just don't hold me up and we're good.

I agree, well said.

you guys are like shooting fish in a barrel. Someone can throw something out there and you attack like sharks only to be set-up!

So you are trolling?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Hitman made his point...Let it go and
Let's move onto the the next barrel

I dress moderately nicely. It is perfectly acceptable to come to my course in Jeans and a tee shirt, an I like that, though I choose not to do so. I tend to wear either slacks or "Dressy" cargo shorts and a decent polo. I learned a long time ago that the less you pay attention to how others are dressed, the better time you will have. The funnest round I have ever had was with two old guys in running suits. They whipped my arse all over the course. At the same time, I have played and enjoyed rounds with people dressed quite nicely.

Jake you wear black pants and brown shoes....you're a fashion icon my friend...hehehe

Not yet, lol. Durn shoes won't come in till Jan 3rd.
Jake you wear black pants and brown shoes....you're a fashion icon my friend...hehehe

I often wear my flashy clothes, I pair them with a rory sabatini hat, foot joy icons that are made from minotaur hide, and my white belt; well that's made from baluga whale skin. It's an ensemble fit for Zeus himself, if Greek gods golfed that is. I also fly a griffin to the course and I will land it on the next tee while you're teeing off, I'm incredibly judgemental of other peoples swings and have been known to laugh out loud when they shoot over 75. Sometimes I carry a change of clothes to the course in case my swing is off that day and I'm scoring near a 100. I've found overalls and a wife-beater are supremely comfortable, however I have been unable to find a pair of work boots that offer support but don't scuff my pedestal from which look down on others for doing as they wish.

Oh, I really like sporks.

--
tapatalk

I often wear my flashy clothes, I pair them with a rory sabatini hat, foot joy icons that are made from minotaur hide, and my white belt; well that's made from baluga whale skin. It's an ensemble fit for Zeus himself, if Greek gods golfed that is. I also fly a griffin to the course and I will land it on the next tee while you're teeing off, I'm incredibly judgemental of other peoples swings and have been known to laugh out loud when they shoot over 75. Sometimes I carry a change of clothes to the course in case my swing is off that day and I'm scoring near a 100. I've found overalls and a wife-beater are supremely comfortable, however I have been unable to find a pair of work boots that offer support but don't scuff my pedestal from which look down on others for doing as they wish.

--
tapatalk

That's it, ill be founding a spork lovers group tomorrow.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

--
tapatalk

Are the shafts in your woods Narwhal tusks?

Apparently some days I should be attired in a burlap sack...

Spork fans unite!!

That's it, ill be founding a spork lovers group tomorrow.

Damacus head with a narwhal shaft please. Make sure those are conforming tines too please.

What's wrong with a white belt?

images

Tiger and Phil are good dressers?

Sent via Tapatalk

I'm screwed i'm to guy on the left, Damn me and my dress sense :banghead:

DSC_0174.jpg

I'm screwed i'm to guy on the left, Damn me and my dress sense :banghead:

DSC_0174.jpg

Damn you......you better not have shot over 80 dressed like that!!!! :alien:

I love to watch the guys who dress like they are teeing off with Tiger and Phil in the parking lot and first tee at my local public course. They are decked out head to toe and got them a staff bag, they finish up with a 85 or so :act-up:

I watched a guy in a tournament I played Monday wearing a black shirt, black slacks, black Callaway hat and a white belt post a 84. His first mistake was he forgot the white belt rule, if you can't look down and see the buckle with out sucking in or holding your shirt in, you don't need to be wearing a white belt.

Seriously guys, a pair of khakis/shorts and a nice shirt looks good for us amateurs.

Pro's are paid to dress a certain way, when you start getting a check on Sunday afternoon dress like em. Nothing wrong with dressing nice just don't go over the top with it, makes you look like a bozo.

Also,

I'd expect someone to dress well for a THP outing, it is a special event not a Saturday afternoon round with the boys!

you guys missed the point, I said I like to watch these guys before they tee off and after they shoot a ton. Yes it is more the attitude of them thinking they are Tiger or Phil because they can buy the same stuff those guys are paid to wear.

Yep it is fun to watch them jack it ob or snatch it deep in the woods on the first tee. Haven't you heard people say "well he dresses like a player, lets see if he plays like one?"

you guys are like shooting fish in a barrel. Someone can throw something out there and you attack like sharks only to be set-up!

I pride myself on what I wear and try to look nice both on and off the course. Whether I shoot 100 or even par, I know I feel better because I look right. Some guys are paid to look nice, they are also paid to use their white drivers and logo'd clubs and everything else. I love seeing people pull out their white driver with stock shaft and slice one off the planet. So let me see if I understand this? Dress like a pro and not play like one equals bad. Fill your bag like a pro and not play like one equals good. Yep, that is about par the course.

You know I stuck up for you in a previous thread, because I felt as though something was unwarranted. Now the cycle has begun which is you throw posts up trying to garner attention and then when people disagree, you say "cant someone have their own opinion". That is the definition of trolling although I am sure you are aware of that.

If you want to enjoy what THP has to offer on the forum, by all means, please do so. However if your goal is to come here and stir up ridiculousness and then play the martyr, you won't last long.

let me get this straight you're from ireland and you have a Kiwi All Blacks shirt on?
I'm screwed i'm to guy on the left, Damn me and my dress sense

DSC_0174.jpg

This thread must be about my brother in law! But at least he looks good when he shanks his drive on the first tee. I, on the other hand, shank my first drive in shorts, a collar shirt and tennis shoes.

Damn you......you better not have shot over 80 dressed like that!!!! :alien:

I do not see a single scuff mark on your shoes...you better not have shot over 76 with that outfit and no scuff marks! :act-up:

I'm so sorry guys i think i shot a 91 that day but i did go to a charity shop and give them my outfit for a pair of suspenders and a wooly jumper. straight swap sweet deal it was :D

let me get this straight you're from ireland and you have a Kiwi All Blacks shirt on?

yup thats right i'm a huge rugby fan and a have quite a few jerseys. It also helps that i got the All Black top for half price and i'm never one to knock down a good deal

So exactly what does a well-dressed troll wear to the course?

I like what Tadashi's avatar has on barely. Bet she shoot's in the 70's. OMG

I like what Tadashi's avatar has on barely. Bet she shoot's in the 70's. OMG

I wanna play in a 4some with Tadashi's avatar, Nate's Avatar and One-T's avatar and they can wear whatever the hell they want!

I wanna play in a 4some with Tadashi's avatar, Nate's Avatar and One-T's avatar and they can wear whatever the hell they want!

and then you invent the awesome game of "strip matchplay" for every hole lost.................... well you know how it goes

The OP seems to be a smart dude. Writes in complete sentences. Why don't you join in on the fun and conversation. This is simply troll bait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back