GolfBuddy Voice GPS

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I went back and searched for this thing yesterday. I love the idea and depending on the price may really love the device. Any idea on the street value of this thing?

That is a very cool little device!! I am guessing that it auto moves you from hole to hole? Wondering how you go back a hole, etc as sometimes they automatically move if you are close to another tee box, etc.

They give a release date and price point yet?

That is a fantastic looking device, great interview! Lots of information in that video. It seems fantastic. Tons of preloaded courses and it just tells you the yardage! I would love to try one of these out! Thanks for sharing THP!

This looks awesome! Do you know the price point on it JB?

This seems like a pretty cool device and love how small and portable it is. The dynamic green is certainly a plus. Look forward the review.

TapAhoy!

I went back and searched for this thing yesterday. I love the idea and depending on the price may really love the device. Any idea on the street value of this thing?

If I remember correctly it was $149, but JB might remember that number better.

This is a pretty neat looking device. Small, not cumbersome to have on you during a round. I like that it will give you your shot distance as well as distance to the pin.

• Admin
That is a very cool little device!! I am guessing that it auto moves you from hole to hole? Wondering how you go back a hole, etc as sometimes they automatically move if you are close to another tee box, etc.

They give a release date and price point yet?

Did you read the post in the link? Comes out in April :act-up:
Price I believe is $149, but dont quote me on that.

If the sound is 'crystal clead and loud' - can it disturb other golfers?

To me this seems to be a product made because they needed something new. Todays devices are excellent but the companies need to make us buy new stuff. I can't see why this is such a cool thing. Yes, it's small but so is the Garmin S1.

I'm sure everyone here will love it. In the end it's just a small GPS (nothing new) with voice (an unnecessary feature).

Does it have a clip on the back or would you have to buy an accessory clip for it? This really does sound cool.

That really sounds great.

Really like how the courses are already on it. Small, light and gives you what you need. Looks great!

That's pretty cool, part of me thinks that if you've already got to be close enough to it to push the button to hear the yardage it would be just as easy to look at the display. The idea of having it on your belt or hat would be very useful however. Cool product!

If the sound is 'crystal clead and loud' - can it disturb other golfers?

To me this seems to be a product made because they needed something new. Todays devices are excellent but the companies need to make us buy new stuff. I can't see why this is such a cool thing. Yes, it's small but so is the Garmin S1.

I'm sure everyone here will love it. In the end it's just a small GPS (nothing new) with voice (an unnecessary feature).

No, its not loud enough to disturb other golfers.
Its innovative, small enough to clip on the hat (which was loved), has everything built in, seemed quite accurate in early trials and cost effective with no other fees associated with it.

The S1 is a watch that struggles for many because tons of people dont like to wear a watch while playing. While voice might be unnecessary, its no moreso than sight (in relation to gps) in this case and people will decide which they prefer, but having choices is certainly a good thing.

I think walkers would really appreciate something they didn't have to grab in-hand every time they needed a reading.

I think this is a really cool product. Tiny, and tells you distance to the center. Thats all you need on most holes and I think could be a really cost effective and cool device.

I think walkers would really appreciate something they didn't have to grab in-hand every time they needed a reading.

As a person who rides I would appreciate it because I already have enough stuff in the cart. Between a 2 drinks (I always have 2 drinks in the cup holders) and extra golf balls I often don't have a place for my GPS.

I would totally clip it to my hat or collar and hit the button for a quick yardage. Beats pulling the laser out.

As a person who rides I would appreciate it because I already have enough stuff in the cart. Between a 2 drinks (I always have 2 drinks in the cup holders) and extra golf balls I often don't have a place for my GPS.

That as well. Price is nice as well, especially coming with 30k+ courses.

This will totally cater to old folks and those who are technology challenged. I would say the majority of those people don't play well with technology - the simpler the better.

I do think the voice changing option will be a hit among grand parents. "Hey grandma - you're 127 yard from the center of the green. Love you!"

Did you read the post in the link? Comes out in April :act-up:
Price I believe is $149, but dont quote me on that.

Shucks, I did not - went straight to the video!! Oops.

Still curious about the functionality of how it changes holes and what happens if it advances when you don't want it to if too close to another hole, etc. I realize there may not be answers for that yet, just throwing out the only possible drawback I could see to the device.

I do like how it only gives the reading when you hit the button.

Shucks, I did not - went straight to the video!! Oops.

Still curious about the functionality of how it changes holes and what happens if it advances when you don't want it to if too close to another hole, etc. I realize there may not be answers for that yet, just throwing out the only possible drawback I could see to the device.

I do like how it only gives the reading when you hit the button.

We will definitely be doing a review of this and we will make sure to get all those answers for you. : )

This is really cool!

Back