Morgan Cup 2.0 Bios

Coolbreeze

Today we take an inside look into out neighbor from the North, Ben Kember aka Coolbreeze. He will be flying the flag for Team THP at this years Morgan Cup.

I have been playing golf for almost three years now and love every freaking minute of it. Hardest sport I have ever played.

My favorite food is greek food, which comes from my years living there.
My father in law got me into the game of golf. After too many knee surgeries and not being able to play basketball anymore, he took me out golfing one day and waxed me up and down the course. Being competitive I couldn't let that stand and have been working to beat him ever since. I haven't been able to yet, but I'm close.

Other than that I just love spending time with my wife and my 3 year old son. I'm pretty boring for the most part, but I love playing basketball, and watersports.

Chuckylover:

It is always great to see what makes a leader tick. Well today we get a sneak peak into The Captain of Hackers, Chunkylover. Here what He had to say:

How long have I been playing: Been playing for 30 years now with a 7 year hiatus until 2 years ago. My parents used to drop us off at the local Country Club when I was 9 and just left us there for the day. Started out on the par 3 course and within ...a year I was playing the 18 hole course every day of the summer pretty much.

Who started you in the game: Pretty much started myself. Started watching it on TV and was mesmerized. I think Greg Norman is the one player that truly made me want to play the game more at that age. I wanted to be the Shark so bad! I can still remember watching the Masters and seeing Mize’s chip pop in the hole. I was crushed!

Favorite Food: Good ole Bacon Cheeseburger and for dessert I would want Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Sandwiches

Hobbies: Used to play tennis a bunch but my back doesn’t like me running around anymore. I’m into computer games. Mostly First Person Shooters and Real Time Strategy games.

Want Folks to Know: I feel I’m one of the luckiest dudes that ever lived. Had a great family growing up and have a great family now. I’ve made some of the best friends I could ever hope for. Kind of fell into THP just looking for a review on a 3W and I’ve been incredibly blessed ever since. Oh and 10 years from now people will be talking about 2 TV shows that I’ve written.

Bullfrog:

Today we take a peak into the life Team Hackers player and @Bridgestone Golf staffer Bullfrog.

His words: I'm starting my 5th year playing. I got bit with the bug in Nov of 2007. My buddy asked me to go play in a outing with him so I borrowed a set of clubs and went. That's all it took. Over the next few winter months I bought a whole set of R7 clubs. As soon as the weather cleared I bought ...a membership at a local course and went at it full throttle! Been playing every time I get a chance ever since.

My favorite food, don't laugh, is an Ekrich bologna sandwich with cheese mustard and mayo. The cheese has to be on the side of the mustard. MMMM MMMM Yummy.

My other hobbies well I guess between work and golf there isn't much time for anything else. But I do like to swim and fish. But I'd rather golf than fish so I do that instead. I still like video games, I know for a 36 year old guy to like video games is sort of childish so call me a child.

I'm a Navy veteran whose been completely around the world and to 13 different countries. I have a daughter who is 15 that lives in NC. She will be visiting me during the MC. So, I'm hoping I will want to come along and cheer me on. But not sure if she would enjoy that. She was my photographer for my Bridgestone pictures. I'm a dog lover. I have two dogs Roscoe (lab/husky mix) and Enos (akc Lab). They are my buddies. I have also been working my butt off on putting since winter is here as well as my strength training. I need to stay flexible tho with doing weight training. I also like to cook. I'm a pretty good cook for a guy. Plus I garden.... LOL yes I like home grown tomatoes and peppers and watermelon...

DDEC

The Morgan Cup is made up of three teams; THP, Hackers and Paradise. Today we will take a little look into the life of the Paradise Captain, DDec. Again he was asked the same questions as the rest of the guys and gave me some great information.

How long have I been playing: I started to play when I was 7, though I didn't start to take it real serious until I was about 12.

Who started you in the... game: My father got me playing when I was young. We still try and play a couple of times a month which is pretty neat. It's always fun sharing a round with him.

Favorite food: I'd have to say either Chicken Parm or Sloppy Joes

Hobbies: I've become a fan of camping over the last few years. I like to read on and off as well. I've also started to get in to club repairs which has been pretty fun.

Want folks to know: I consider myself extremely lucky to have someone in my life who shares golf as a passion. She makes enjoying the game that much better.

JB:

Player profiles are always fun to read. It gives you a look into the psyche of the player. Our first profile comes to us from JB, captain of team THP. I asked each player a few questions. How long have you been playing? Who go you started? Favorite food? Hobbies outside of golf? Something you want people to know about you?
JB's answers:
Played as a kid. Quit for over 10 years to begin my career a...nd took it up again 8 years ago.

My father got me started in the game, despite him not playing to focus on his career.

Favorite Food is pizza.

I have lots of hobbies. Traveling, wine, reading, technology, food, tv, etc. Some would say I need 30 hours in a day.

Something folks should know about me? That every passing second of every single day, I think about the person that I love more than life itself and that makes me work even harder.

Great work Tad, thanks for putting all those together, they were great to read.

Thanks Freddie. I don't facebook, so I would have never had the chance to get to know these guys a little better. Great thread!

These are really cool, thanks Freddie!

What a great read. Thank you for posting these. Some of them had me seriously cracking up!

Great information...I had no idea so many people liked sushi.

Tap before talk.

This was set up early today. Thought I'd bump for evening crowd

Glad you posted all of this here Tad.

Thought I would clarify my Jug McSpaden relatedness. I said it was by marriage, but it makes it sound like he's related to my wife. He was actually my dad's sister's (my aunt) husbands 3rd or 4th cousin.

So really not at all, but kinda. haha.

Great information...I had no idea so many people liked sushi.

Tap before talk.

I thought the same thing.
Thanks for posting, this was a cool read.

Thanks for doing this Tadashi...these are great!

Thanks for putting them all in one place Freddie. Its great that those that don't have Facebook can get to know us now too!

Today I ask you Howzat sandwich you order or Howzat new golf club you just OEM'd. I kid of course but our next Morgan Cupper and bridgestonegolf staffer, Howzat spent some time in a different country playing a game that never ends, in fact he may still be involved in one now. Let's see what Howzat had to say:

I was introduced to the game by a childhood friend at young age and have been playing on and off ever since.

My favorite food is enchiladas smothered in green and red chile.

I play hockey in order to pass time during the long Minnesota winters.

Favorite golfers growing up include Fred Couples, Tim Herron, Greg Norman and Payne Stewart

I played Cricket while attending high school Australia which is where I got the idea for my THP username - Howzat.

Great stuff Freddie...:D

Thanks for posting them here, too. Lots of guys I know well, but quite a few that I don't. You all are some mexican food loving fools!

Thanks for putting in all the hard work Frrddie

You are most welcome sir.

good stuff Tad... thanks for posting these again.

These are very cool. I'll have to find the facebook page too. Now I just need to decide which team I'm going to support.

These are very cool. I'll have to find the facebook page too. Now I just need to decide which team I'm going to support.

Team Paradise all the way bro. We are definitely the handsomest team out there even though CB will say otherwise.

Team Paradise all the way bro. We are definitely the handsomest team out there even though CB will say otherwise.

Team Hackers has One-T. There is no debate about the handsomest team

Back