The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome bro, I love hearing lessons making an impact and that you are going for more. I was a stubborn ahole and finally broke down and am taking 6 lessons.

For the dudes with kids and wives, I declare today as husband/father brew day. Drink some beers tonight, I just started.

I drink beers every night.

I drink beers every night.

LOL. I was thinking the same thing. I need something to shut this brain off at a reasonable time.

I'll second that motion. Me and the boy are going to go hit a few balls and I might just grill out with some cold ones.

Beer for you and root beer for him?

Thinking about putting an addition on my house. Probably somewhere around 20x26, 2 level. I have been in commercial construction my working life, for those that have been in residential what would you guess as a square foot dollar price? I can dig and pour the footings, cant decide wether I will lay the block foundation, sub the framing out to weather tight and I will do all finish's. I am guessing $50 a sqft?

Thinking about putting an addition on my house. Probably somewhere around 20x26, 2 level. I have been in commercial construction my working life, for those that have been in residential what would you guess as a square foot dollar price? I can dig and pour the footings, cant decide wether I will lay the block foundation, sub the framing out to weather tight and I will do all finish's. I am guessing $50 a sqft?

I am sure you will, but please make sure you get approved permits, and keep a copy somewhere safe. If you ever need to refinance you will need to prove it is legal, and that will save a lot of time.

I am sure you will, but please make sure you get approved permits, and keep a copy somewhere safe. If you ever need to refinance you will need to prove it is legal, and that will save a lot of time.

It will be legit, I have been in the business for 20 years. I need to add that its just a big family room lower level and add on the master upper level. I do want a nice brick/stone fireplace.

It will be legit, I have been in the business for 20 years. I need to add that its just a big family room lower level and add on the master upper level. I do want a nice brick/stone fireplace.

Cool man. I work on the appraisal side of it, and have seen some really good people get screwed because they did not take the proper steps, and would hate to see that happen to a fellow THP'er.

Sweet dude. I get my lessons from Herman Williams at the Golf Academy in Garner. Keep me posted on your lessons. I love hearing about that stuff.

Absolutely. I've heard Herman is awesome, this guy was just a little more in my price range. I really like the RR driving range too. Almost noone there and it's in awesome shape.

A really smart neighbor at the top of our hill decided a day with 45 mph winds would be a good day to burn off his dormant Zoysia grass. A minute after he started, it was out of control and heading towards another neighbor's house. I started thinking that maybe I should call the fire department when I heard the sirens. It's all over now. I hope the moron gets a citation for this. And I hope he gets billed for the fire department coming out. What an idiot. I have video, hopefully it comes out good. I know I called him some names that aren't family friendly.

Dang Smalls, how stupid can one really be? Pretty windy here also, I want to see that video.

A really smart neighbor at the top of our hill decided a day with 45 mph winds would be a good day to burn off his dormant Zoysia grass. A minute after he started, it was out of control and heading towards another neighbor's house. I started thinking that maybe I should call the fire department when I heard the sirens. It's all over now. I hope the moron gets a citation for this. And I hope he gets billed for the fire department coming out. What an idiot. I have video, hopefully it comes out good. I know I called him some names that aren't family friendly.
Sounds like a Darwin award candidate Smalls.

Holy hell, Smalls, I wanna see that video.

I know we try not to bring it up too much, but I got 17 positive rep today. Day-um, thats gotta be a record.

I know we try not to bring it up too much, but I got 17 positive rep today. Day-um, thats gotta be a record.

Wow.. That's a lot of rep lol

Tappin' for world peace in HD!

I'll just have to post my story about rescuing 3 orphans and a kitten from a burning building, see if I can compete. Now, where did I leave those matches?

I'll just have to post my story about rescuing 3 orphans and a kitten from a burning building, see if I can compete. Now, where did I leave those matches?

hahaha! dont forget to call the fire department first so the entire building doesnt burn to the ground ;)

Cool man. I work on the appraisal side of it, and have seen some really good people get screwed because they did not take the proper steps, and would hate to see that happen to a fellow THP'er.

I've seen it myself and it sucks for the homeowner if they ever do try to sell. Thanks for looking out Yorkem.

Tap-in Talking

Idiot is right. I spent 25 years on the fire department here where I live, three as the fire chief and he would for sure get a bill for this along with an fire ordinance violation ticket. $250 minimum for the fire department run, and a $75 dollar fine.

Awesome day there JR, congrats.

Wow....what you do.....give out $100 to the first 17 that rep'd ya!? Nice.

Looking forward to the weekly blitz in just a few minutes, it will be 2 days in a row of golf in shorts. Can't beat that in March.

It's the great mystery to me Tuna. No doubt that God is pretty awesome in what he's created, but for the life of me, I think he really messed up with human babies. Every other mammal out there has a baby and within minutes it's walking. Not human babies dude. They cry, they can't walk, they teeth, they take about 2 years to potty train, they cry some more, you can't give them anything to make them feel better.............all the while you still have to go to work and function. It's brutal dude. Absolutely brutal. It will stretch you to the brink of yourself.

damn man, I got 2 little girls and it wasnt NEARLY as bad as you are making it sound.....dont be scared Tuna, its not the end of the world

I went to a pre-screening of an indie movie called Blue Like Jazz. It was amazing! I got to meet the author of the book and the director of the film. Here is the trailer.

That looks interesting Seth. Where did you see this?

That looks pretty good Seth. Makes me want an astronaut suit.

--
tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back