The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ex gf has me in a terrible mood, and have been all weekend.

My brother just called. He's in New Orleans for a bachelor party weekend. Unfortunately, he just told me that the bachelor's father seems to have had a stroke on the golf course and thinks he passed away. My brother was unable to play golf with them as he separated his shoulder last week - he's heading to the hospital in a cab right now. I think he's only spoken at length to the fiance and she did not sound optimistic at all. Just has me shook a little bit - I'm not as close to the fellow as my brother is but he's a great guy - we've had a few good times together. I just couldn't imagine having to deal with something like this.

The father is only in his 60's. Let's hope he finds a way to pull through.

Just found out that his father did pass away. Really tragic.

Just found out that his father did pass away. Really tragic.

Wow. Not good. And I couldn't imagine what the family is going through. I guess maybe he passed while doing what he loved? Doesn't make it any easier, but I think we all would take that option if we could.

Jury duty: here I come!!

Over 25 hours at the club, I'm about a mental basket case. I slept a couple hours Saturday night on an old leaky air mattress, but yesterday was beautiful, so lots of golfers, an Easter egg hunt, boy scouts and then the installation of an officer last night got me home around 10:30. Today will be another 10 to 12 hours, but then off a couple days if I take them, so not all bad. I want to sit infront of a stiff drink watching the Masters right now!

I just found out that we're loaning our van to Erin's gross sister so she can take her gross friend and all their gross kids on a trip this week. I'm furious. I don't loan out my vehicles.

I just found out that we're loaning our van to Erin's gross sister so she can take her gross friend and all their gross kids on a trip this week. I'm furious. I don't loan out my vehicles.

that's gross dude

that's gross dude

DAMN YOU DEAN!! I was typing that. That sucks TC. I hate nothing more than when my wife volunteers me to do things or volunteers something of ours to someone without consulting me.

that's gross dude

If you met her sister you would understand dude. My van is going to be full of fast food remnant and other nastiness. We don't eat in our vehicles dude.

That's not right. I vote that Erin takes it for a thorough cleaning when it comes back to you.

That's not right. I vote that Erin takes it for a thorough cleaning when it comes back to you.

No. It will come back to us with a full tank and spotless. If not, we are gonna have a problem.

There are 877 guests on this site right now. Why not just join? I never understood lurking on a message board. Go to the site for information but the point of a message board is for interaction. If you are a guest and reading this, join. We don't bite. We always love having new people and new points of view.

I hate the suffering of animals. You can call me a soft hearted liberal if you want, but it infuriates me. I have had to mercy kill a few animals in my life and I cry each time.

I was hunting a few years ago and I shot a deer in the spine because it ducked its head. It was trying to run from me on its two front legs as was bleating in fear. I was crying as I stood over her and shot her in the heart. I know that this is just a natural part of life for an animal, but it still doesn't ease the hurt for them in my heart.

What brings this up is that someone told me of a goose who had its wing broken and some golfers were just making fun of it. How can you not sympathize with a living beings pain? If I cut your arm off, how would you feel?

With you TC. Took me awhile to let my wife drive my truck when I first got it. Can't imagine extending the privilege further than that. Not sure what's going to happen when the kids start driving. They better have some $$$$ put aside. :bicker:

I hate the suffering of animals. You can call me a soft hearted liberal if you want, but it infuriates me. I have had to mercy kill a few animals in my life and I cry each time.

I was hunting a few years ago and I shot a deer in the spine because it ducked its head. It was trying to run from me on its two front legs as was bleating in fear. I was crying as I stood over her and shot her in the heart. I know that this is just a natural part of life for an animal, but it still doesn't ease the hurt for them in my heart.

What brings this up is that someone told me of a goose who had its wing broken and some golfers were just making fun of it. How can you not sympathize with a living beings pain? If I cut your arm off, how would you feel?

This is the reason I cant even hunt. I can't even watch an animal on TV in pain or in a movie where I know it is fake. The most horrific thing I have seen a movie is in the movie Radio Flyer when the drunk father beats the dog with the baseball bat. I can still here the sound of the dog. It bothers me to this day.

im so indecisive, been pondering wedges for the weekend and am no close to figuring out what I want now, than I was on Friday, had I just won Mega Millions I could buy em all and try

Ummm, who scheduled Easter on Masters weekend? I'm supposed to be travelling and that just pissed me off.

Ummm, who scheduled Easter on Masters weekend? I'm supposed to be travelling and that just pissed me off.
Thats a solid rant there Hawk. That sucks.

I agree bro! I will be in Gboro this weekend! Blah. The positive is, I can golf with some eastern NC boys

I agree bro! I will be in Gboro this weekend! Blah. The positive is, I can golf with some eastern NC boys

That's a plus at least. I figure I'll get out with Erica's dad, which I always enjoy.

This is the reason I cant even hunt. I can't even watch an animal on TV in pain or in a movie where I know it is fake. The most horrific thing I have seen a movie is in the movie Radio Flyer when the drunk father beats the dog with the baseball bat. I can still here the sound of the dog. It bothers me to this day.

Yeah. I could still go hunting, but it would hurt my heart if I didn't get a quick kill.
I am the same about animals in movies. My heart gets invested in the animal.

I refuse to bump the freebirdie thread so I'll just come in here to complain.

I refuse to bump the freebirdie thread so I'll just come in here to complain.

haha, I agree with you bro. I for the life of me can not understand why you would allow for a site to poo on you, then help them out by posting another contest. sometimes free isnt worth it.

If Frank is against it, I'm against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back