What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was a day of just nothing going right. I'd hit a great shot and I would have a terrible lie, or just a bad angle to the green. It was crazy windy so if it was blowing hard and I hit, it would then die down, if it was down and I hit, it would howl while my ball was in the air. I was putting great, but nothing would find the bottom of the cup, I still only had 31 putts but I had at least 7 putts lip out. Anyway I finished strong with 5 straight pars, but my goodness that was a weird day, I felt I was playing well, and I shot an 87.
I'm actually kind of surprised the score was that low to be honest, I could just get nothing to go right.
You need to be hitting the Blacks, hehehe. Bad lies suck! I got pretty lucky today, but they can bite you. Nice finish though, and that's more normal for you than the previous 13.

Some solid rounds today, way to go Smally. I played 9 after a hell day at work, pretty sucky 44 with several highlight reel shots. Just tells you how many stinkers were added.
Thanks duey. I am kinda leery of giving up my hybrids for the summer! Hit some really nice shots with them today. At least you're getting out, Jacqui has been working so much, she hasn't got to play too much.

Thanks duey. I am kinda leery of giving up my hybrids for the summer! Hit some really nice shots with them today. At least you're getting out, Jacqui has been working so much, she hasn't got to play too much.

That's especially sad as well as her game seems to be going lately. The hybrids are kind of a delima this time of year with all the wind. High fliers are not your friend into a 20+ mph gust.

That's especially sad as well as her game seems to be going lately. The hybrids are kind of a delima this time of year with all the wind. High fliers are not your friend into a 20+ mph gust.

No, but when you gotta get over that tree that's 25 yards in front of you but you need maximum distance, they are the shiznit!

I kind of want to go with the HL hybrids to go with the Razr X irons.

No, but when you gotta get over that tree that's 25 yards in front of you but you need maximum distance, they are the shiznit!

I kind of want to go with the HL hybrids to go with the Razr X irons.

No doubt about it. My Adams are consistent as can be as long as I know what they can and can't do. The HL's are being well touted, can't wait to hear your thoughts.

Shot a 91 today so all is right with my world

No doubt about it. My Adams are consistent as can be as long as I know what they can and can't do. The HL's are being well touted, can't wait to hear your thoughts.
I didn't hit them in my fitting, but I am going to see if the guy will let me take a few swings when I take the woods up for him to check out if they are right. I like the idea of high launching hybrids. I doubt they will go as high as the Adams.

Apparently I have pissed off the golfing gods something fierce. Had so much bad luck in todays round it was almost unbelievable. Took a 44 home, a hard work 44. One big blow up hole, a triple on a short par 4 because I am a dummy and pulled driver instead of hitting iron/iron. Won't make that mistake again!

Karma, you owe me.

--
Tapatalk2

Apparently I have pissed off the golfing gods something fierce. Had so much bad luck in todays round it was almost unbelievable. Took a 44 home, a hard work 44. One big blow up hole, a triple on a short par 4 because I am a dummy and pulled driver instead of hitting iron/iron. Won't make that mistake again!

Karma, you owe me.

--
Tapatalk2

44 isn't that bad Danny...2 of those make an 88 and with our handicaps that's right in the wheelhouse buddy!

I played 11 holes last night and shot 47 (+3) with 2 double bogeys. Didn't hit the ball that well but my short game was really good. I only had 13 putts in 11 holes as I missed 3 or 4 greens by inches.

played disgusting last night...42 (+7) which i only saved because i managed to sneak a few pars in there, cuz it felt more like a 48.
hit some really bad shots and putted like an idiot. carded some of the first doubles of the season and 3-putts a plenty.
it's frustrating when all you think about all day is golf and you're so excited to play, and then you finally get out and play awful! lol
but as i've said before, it's also humbling...get back out tonight and do it again!

44 isn't that bad Danny...2 of those make an 88 and with our handicaps that's right in the wheelhouse buddy!

Good point. Frustrating to keep banging on the door round after round, but if I'm anything it's persistant.

Shot an 88 today. 43 45 the putter killed me today I had 4 x 3 putts very bad, just couldn't get the speeds they were very slow today.

Reading this thread and doing some golfing in my head, I counted up and realised that for my 4 or 5 competitive rounds this year, I've had the same score 4 times. Unfortunately, not a great one. Weird.

i seem to be great at shooting a 47 for 9...not high enough to worry about a 18 score 100 but not low enough to get into the 80s short of a miracle

39/40 for ANOTHER 79. That's 4 in a row. Had a great round going, just 4 over after 14, but then I bogeyed 3 of the last 4 holes. I swear I was not thinking about my score....I just hit my irons too long on those closing holes. I was actually hitting my irons too well and too far all day. On 15 I was in the back of the green with a front pin and 3-putted. On 16 I hit over the green and could not get up and down. On 17 I hit over the green and did get up and down. On 18, I tried to lay up on a par 5 after a poor drive, and I hit my ball into the creek instead of just short. Hit onto the green and 2 putted from there. I'm liking the distance I'm seeing with my irons, I just need to control it.

I shot a 39 tonight. 6 pars, 3 bogeys.

As much as I am happy with any round in the 30s/70s, I feel like I didn't score as well as I played.. Fully prepared to take it LOWER!!!

Got off work early today and hit the course...hit about a half a small bucket to warm up and then right to the first tee....course was pretty empty so I was able to play 18 holes in just under 3 hours...had a pretty good day...struggled a little with the driver but was hitting everything else really well....I ended up with

5/13 Fairways
8 GIR...which is great for me
31 putts...not too bad

41/41 for 82

I was really hitting my long to mid irons well today....had a nice little 10 yard draw working on them....it felt good...normally I have been hitting 3 to 4 GIR....so to double that was huge!

Suppose to rain tomorrow afternoon so I am going to try to get a round in before the rains come.

101 @ Laurentide today. No pars, just bogeys and worse. Hopefully worst round of the year. Just good to get out.

43-38 = 81. Had to go straight from the pro shop to the first tee, so my swing was a little off at the start, but by the end of the round, I was hitting the ball maybe as well as I ever have. 9/13 FIR, 9/18 GIR....the only bad part was 34 putts. Considering that I missed about 6 or 7 putts inside of 8 feet, I could have gone really low (for me). The last hole was particularly good, it's a par 5 that was playing about 530 yards or so. I hit driver, went 278 (GPS verified, a little downhill), then took out 3 wood from about 250 out and hit a very straight shot that ended up in the rough on the left side of the green pin-high (good miss, with water right of the green). Took out my lob wedge and chipped to a foot for the tap-in birdie to end my day.

Good round, ary.

45, normally wouldn't be happy but it was my best all around ball striking day with tee ball and irons. Had 2 penalty strokes, 1 from a cart path and the other trying to cut a corner on par 5. Had 2 awful sand shots and missed a 3 footer for par on 6. All in all very happy, if this continues I can focus on short game and really start shooting low

15.1 and I assume 10 over for the day? Great round TBT!!

yep...10 over....hitting 8 GIR helped alot...I counted it up...I had 1 birdie, 9 pars, 5 bogeys and 3 doubles

Thats a solid day for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back