What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played 18 today in some heavy winds. At one point I hit a 6 iron shot on a hole that was only 130 to the pin. Usually hit a 6 around 170. Had nothing going on the front and 3 putted the 9th for a double. 42 on the front. Birdied 10, missed a 5 foot birdie on 11, bogey both 12 and 13. Pars would follow up to 18(missed another bird inside 10 feet on16 and just outside 12 on 17). Did not play 18 well and misjudged the wind, had a 15 footer for par and rolled it over the edge for a 38. Walked off with an 80. Oh and I gamed a mashie fairway 14 for this round.

Shot an 80......didn't hit too many fairways, but averaged 271 driving (had one 335, but it was a 287 par 4...flew the green like an m effer). Killed some par 3's, which I never do, and probably had my best putting ever.

Nice rounds Dean and More Gooder!

Dean - like the way your game is coming along man. You mention the winds and not playing well on a few holes but still manage an 80 - solid stuff man.

Nice rounds guys. Geez Dean you are going to crush me at the MC

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Nice rounds Dean and More Gooder!

Dean - like the way your game is coming along man. You mention the winds and not playing well on a few holes but still manage an 80 - solid stuff man.

Thanks cookie. Been managing the game well and trying to avoid the big numbers. Hit it real well on the back which usually is the more difficult 9 for me.

Nice rounds guys. Geez Dean you are going to crush me at the MC

Come on dude. You beat JB.

Haha he was injured. Morgan beat both of us

Played 18 today at a really nice track. This was my 2nd time ever playing there. Big, sloping greens and just an overall solid course. Played at 6245 with a slope of 70.7/131.

Winds today were a bear again - constant 15 with gusts to 25 or so. Onto the numbers:

41-42=83
7/14 FIR
5/18 GIR
3 doubles
3 birdies
34 putts (including 3 three-jacks all on the front).

Definitely more difficult greens than I am accustomed to but things got much better on the back. On the 3 putts I was running my first putt 5-8 feet past and missing the comebacker.

Solid day overall and looks like I get another crack at it tomorrow! Must improve GIR's.

Nice round cookie.

An up and down 90 after a three week hiatus without touching a club thanks to tennis elbow in my left arm. Too many doubles and two triple bogeys killed me. On the back nine I was +1 for the side after 5 holes and was +7 on the next three holes - triple, double, double with two water balls. Had another stretch on the front where I was only +2 over 5 holes.

So I was +3 on ten holes today and +15 on the other eight holes. Ugh.

I shot a 94 I think that's the best I've ever done!!!!! Started playing last August.i was happy.

Congrats on your PB, jacob.

I shot a 94 I think that's the best I've ever done!!!!! Started playing last August.i was happy.

Great job on the PB man.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys

Blues, 70.2/132, 6200 yds, walked. Just another day of mediocrity, made some putts, missed some others, drove it good and the other clubs off the tee were pretty good too. I threw shots away with the wedges, usually a strong point. Only birdie was a two-putt on a par 5. 82 (42, 40)

Nice personal best Jacob and decent round lefty.

I play in a points game about every 3 weeks with some friends on a different course than my home course. Shot an 86 yesterday with 4 doubles on the front 9. Three of those were due to chili-dipped chips inside 20 yards and a 3-putt on another hole due to a miss inside of 2 feet. (doh!!) Finished with a disappointing 46.

I started the back 9 birdie-par-par-par and finished with a 40. Only 1 double-bogie due to another duffed chip, and left a par on table after another missed 2-foot putt. I was striking the ball well and putting really well, especially on the back 9. Up and down on 5 holes...that's good for me.

Been talking about my round on the Callaway threads and totally forgot to post my score on here...shot 38 on Friday, one of my best rounds in a while. Things are really coming around, especially the short game! One of those bogeys should have easily been a par, I lipped out a 3 footer when I walked up and just tried to tap it in instead of lining it up. My chipping and putting have seen the most improvement lately, and it is really knocking some strokes off. 14 putts and one of those was the missed 3-footer.

Shot a terrible 84 (couldn't keep my drive in play on par 4s-even par on 3s and 5s). Even had a max 7 on the 18th. Was playing by myself, nobody else on the course. On the tee box (unfamiliar course), and all you can see is a pond right and hill left. I'm convinced I can carry the pond (doesn't look too far away). I put 4 into it before I give up and go drop one in front of it. Then I look at the scorecard, and realize I would have had to carry 270 into a 2-3 club wind to carry the water. My normal no wind drive is 250-270. So, I slap my head, laugh, and then take 3 shots to hole out from there lol.

Well done Jacob!

I'm +1 through 2 holes right now, but the pro combos are freakig sweet.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

Scramble today and didn't do too bad. Handicaps ranged from 10 to 20 and we managed a 67. I was pretty happy with how I played. We used some of my shots, which is always nice lol.

51/40 front 9 was not pretty! Two fairways no GIR.
Back 9 come around good.
6 fairways 5 GIR

42-40 (for an 82) today.. Nothing great to share.. A birdie putt from the fringe, a couple really stupid shots.

I really can't wait for the weather to calm down so I can enjoy actual grass range to dial in some clubs that have gone wonky.

Been talking about my round on the Callaway threads and totally forgot to post my score on here...shot 38 on Friday, one of my best rounds in a while. Things are really coming around, especially the short game! One of those bogeys should have easily been a par, I lipped out a 3 footer when I walked up and just tried to tap it in instead of lining it up. My chipping and putting have seen the most improvement lately, and it is really knocking some strokes off. 14 putts and one of those was the missed 3-footer.

Nice job IN!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Another biggie: 100 to Pete's 99. Laurentide is drying up and so are my good swings. Will most likely try to better that tomorrow. Also has a 48 for 9 holes @ my brother-in-law's course, Sauble River. Got a 1st hole birdie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back