Otis32

Reaction score
Handicap
I posted in another thread and got a little nudge reminding me to post an introduction here.

Long story not so short I am kind of a prodigal hacker who is coming back to regular golf after a 20-year hiatus. Was a total golf addict for four years or so after college. Loved it and worked a job that allowed me plenty of the free time to play 2-3 rounds per week.

Eventually real life and a more challenging career intervened and for the next couple of decades I only played a half dozen scrambles and work related "fun rounds" each season.

Finally joined a golf league two years ago and that weekly 9-hole golf fix has brought the addiction back full tilt. Work and Minnesota winters still get in the way but I'm getting in 1-2 rounds most weeks of the season and enjoying every one of them.

I walk every round and the last couple years have played a lot of twighlight golf when the days are long. Not anywhere close to past form yet but have been working hard on staying centered over the ball and for the first time in my life am consistently hitting the ball right to left.

Just started posting scores a couple weeks back and in another golfing first for me should have a handicap in a month or so. Based on a couple of recent rounds it will be north of twenty which given my battle with tee ball & short game inconsistency is not a surprise. Goal is to get it under 18 by the end of the season.

Have been looking for a golfing internet home for some time now. Tried one site and it kept giving me a computer virus. Tried another and just didn't connect with all of the Tiger talk and the aggressive disciples of a particular swing theory.

THP on the other hand looks like a real nice place and a vibrant, busy site. Get a real sense that everybody enjoys visiting here and am thinking I will too.

Otis

Welcome to THP Otis!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP Otis, its great to have you!

Welcome to THP glad you found us.

Welcome Otis and you hit the Mother Lode of golf info :golf2:

Welcome to THP

welcome to THP

Welcome aboard Otis, you have found the best golf site in the entire world. Enjoy.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome Otis, good to have ya.

Welcome

Glad to have you here.

Welcome to the forum, Otis. Yes, you will like it here.

:welcome:

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP!!

Welcome Otis! As a relative newbie to the site and the game, I can attest to the fact that this is the best place to hang out :)

Man or woman, elite or rank newbie, everyone is welcoming and supportive... And pretty funny on a regular basis.

Enjoy and welcome back to the addiction!

Welcome Otis! As a relative newbie to the site and the game, I can attest to the fact that this is the best place to hang out :)

Man or woman, elite or rank newbie, everyone is welcoming and supportive... And pretty funny on a regular basis.

Enjoy and welcome back to the addiction!

This! Welcome!

Tappin' dat pad on tapatalk

Welcome to THP Otis, glad to have you aboard

Welcome to THP Otis.

Welcome to THP!

:welcome: enjoy the forum family.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to hanging out.

:welcome:

Back