What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all congrats Hawk and Cookie on the PB rounds boys! Well done!

Played in my monthly friends tournament which is always nice since its always at a different course and also a good chance to throw extra cash in the pocket. Today we played a local country club that I get to play once every few years. Luckily one of the guys in the group is a member and got us on for a crazy good price.

Started off with 2 care free pars, but then really screwed up a par 5 with a 7. Bounced back with a birdie on 4 and another on 7 after paring 5 and 6. Missed 2 birdie putts on 8&9 from inside 15 feet and ended up Even at the turn. Then we had a slight delay and things didn't really carry over. Doubled the 10th, lipped out birdie on 11, double 12, birdie 13, then just mixed in pars and bogeys on the way out. Got to the 18th tee and knew that the guy who was in the lead shot 78. So I hit a good drive, and then my approach to about 10-12 feet. The ball just ended up hanging on the left edge. In all honesty I was happy that I gave myself a great chance knowing I needed to birdie to win. 35 & 43 for 78. Not bad for a course I haven't played in 3 years. With a good finish and some skins I at least made some money today.
Sounds like a fun time for sure, well done on the score and way to perform under the gun to win. So T-1? Nice work!

On Saturday I played in an annual tournament here. 40 people were signed up this year, we had some studs playing so I knew I'd have to go out and shoot a great score to win but really winning didn't really cross my mind because I knew there was some stiff competition. We're playing a course where my personal best is an 81 so I wasn't exactly expecting anything real low but since the Morgan Cup and especially since watching the coverage something has just sort of got going with my game. I started out with a birdie on 1 after hitting my approach shot from 89 yds to less than a foot from the hole. Alright, good birdie. I get up on 2 which is a pretty long dog leg left par 5 with trees on both sides. I pull my drive into the trees left but I hit it an absolute mile. I ended up punching out of trouble to 115 from the stick. I hit a PW to about 2 feet. Another birdie. WHAT? -2 thru 2. I won't go through every hole but I ended up making bogey on 3 and on 5 and came to the short and normally easy par 3 8th at E made an absolute train wreck of a double bogey. I just lost focus, hit a piss poor tee ball followed by a poor chip then 3 putted for good measure. I walked off that green FUMING. Par at the 9th and I'm +2 for the round. After that start I was not really expecting that. Another birdie/birdie run on 10 and 11 and I'm back to E. A bunch of pars and another birdie on the par 5 16th and I'm under par with 2 to play. I was nervous as sh!t on the par 3 17th tee and hit a shot that proved it. Couldn't get up and down so I'm back to E on the 18th tee. I thought back to my Saturday afternoon Morgan Cup match against INgolfer and Yorkem and decided that I was going to birdie the 18th. I hit a really good drive into the wind and had 157 to the stick on the 429 yard par 4. I hit a 7 iron that looked to be right on the stick the entire way but wound up about 15 feet deep. I read a tad too much break and left it on the outside of the hole, tap in par for a round of even par 72. I wound up finishing 3 back of a dude that shot a -3 69. I didn't win anything but that's ok. I had a career best 5 birdies in 18 holes and the longer I sit and think about that double on 8 the more I just want to kill someone. It was only playing 170, slightly down wind and down hill and I just hit a fat shot short and kinda lost it for a minute there. Dammit! I did beat my PB on that course by 9 shots though. I'll take that I guess!!

43/41 for 84. New personal best. Didn't do anything great, but scrambled pretty well and didn't put up any big numbers. Putting and wedges were pretty good. Driver wasn't bad. Approach shots were hit and miss, but they've been worse.

Congrats Hawk!! I hope you treated yourself to an extra slice of pizza and some stones bro.

--
Tapatalk2

Nice P4B!! Real nice!

Some great rounds posted this weekend!!!

Nice round Jake. I really enjoy that course and it's neat knowing exactly what you mean and where. That is a SOLID round my man!

eagle! nice! i'm yet to have my first :p
Thanks. If only it had come during a good round like yesterday when i strung 5 pars in a row together.

Great single shots, putting sucked big time, mediocre results :) (one eagle).

Two rounds in a row.

screenshot20120813at130.png

screenshot20120813at130.png

Congrats Cookie, Hawk, and Jake on some PB's

Deano the force is strong in this one, nice round buddy.
Jake sounds like you were unconscious on the course, excellent showing sir

Damn Jake - congrats on the even par round and personal best man, that is awesome!! 5 birdies in 18 is also VERY nice, keep it up!

Shot 76 on Friday and 74 on Saturday.

Congrats on the PB Jake !

shot an 80 on saturday...10/14 fairways, 10 GIR's, 33 putts (ugh), 1 bird, 2 doubles...finished with 6 straight pars. the first 3 holes on both the front and back hurt me...otherwise i played solid.

played Salt Fork State Park on Saturday

Shot 41/44 for 85

Tons and tons of hills, all sorts of awkward stances on 2nd shots. Pretty tight course as well and the greens had tons of hills on them as well. Scrambled well as I was pushing balls right all day, had a ton of 1 putts but usually cause I was on the fringe or greenside instead of hitting GIR.

A tale of two 9's really. Went and played a much longer and tougher course yesterday compared to my home course. Trying to get ready for the THP Des Moines outing by playing courses that actually punish me for missing the fairway or hitting short. Anyways, 6250 yards total from the tees I played, 43 on the front, with a triple bogey being the only real blemish on the card. Back nine was way different. Shot 46 on 8 holes. Had to skip one because two groups clearly weren't going to let me play through, so I just drove by all of them. Between the frustration of spending 10 minutes on each tee before I finally skipped past those groups, and having skipping breakfast and lunch, I just don't think I had the energy to make good golf swings on the back. I ended strong though with a regulation par on the final hole, which is a par 5.

~Rock

Last tournament was tough. Shot 77-71 to miss cut by one. First round started in the worst possible way - got two penalty shots on my second hole for being a clumsy idiot. Had a 5 inch tap-in for par, put my putter down, managed to move the ball and then knock it in. Started bogey-double-bogey. Stinks to miss by 1 after that, but I played really well, just didn't hole enough putts (or avoid being a moron).

Even though I still somewhat struggled with the rights today, I managed a 40/40 for an 80 at my home course today. My short game saved me today from a round that should have been in the mid to high 80s.

43 / 47 for a 90 at Hilton Head Lakes. Palmetto Dunes Jones and Hills later this week.

Walked 9 this morning shot 38 on the Falcon 9 at Osprey point. Started with a bogey and another on number 5, pars to finish out. My putting is hideous.

Nice round Nate!

Trout Bum: SeeMore time? :D

Shot an 83 today, 40-43. The front is actually the tougher of the two and 40 is a new personal best for the front.

97. Third time under a hundred within the last few weeks. Hopefully headed the right direction other than the slice OB on 18. Jeez. David

Went out in 37 and came home in 35 for a 72. Played really well on the front 9 even though I had two bogeys. Both of which were results of flying the green and short siding myself. Decent shots just didn't gauge the wind well. It happens. Had a nasty double on #15 and was only 107 yards out after my tee shot. Hit a shank that Tmex and Kmac would approve of which resulted in dropping 3, hitting 4. Recovered well by birdie'ing the next hole and 18 to shoot 1 under on the back.

Had the i20's in the bag today and while I hit 13/18 GIR's, I kind of missed the 588's. My grips can't get here fast enough.

Nice scoring TC especially after the penalty, those birdies sure do help out!

Great round today Luke. I can't wait to beat you in a couple weeks.

John Deere Tap'n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back