2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: will the Morgan cup participants be announced before the sign-ups for the outing? I am guessing not for the simple fact it was already posted the outing sign-up will be in mid October.

Would be nice for those who want to attend 1 but couldn't swing both with expenses/ work etc and don't want to be stuck in a situation.

Question: will the Morgan cup participants be announced before the sign-ups for the outing? I am guessing not for the simple fact it was already posted the outing sign-up will be in mid October.

Would be nice for those who want to attend 1 but couldn't swing both with expenses/ work etc and don't want to be stuck in a situation.

The MC participants will be announced before signups take place to start. They might overlap slightly though.

Well, that's a cool bit of news!

The MC participants will be announced before signups take place to start. They might overlap slightly though.

Thanks for the quick answer! That means the ball is going to be Rollin fellas!

There were a lot of great candidates last year, for those that missed the video submissions there were a lot of great people that tried that have been on here a long time and are some of the most recognized names on here and they didn't get in. Ans then there were some that hadn't been here as long like David, and I know for myself I had only been here about 9 months and I felt like people didn't recognize me at all, and I was lucky enough to get selected. As a new member it can feel like your posts aren't always seen, but believe me, they are. It may be intimidating to try and apply for The Morgan Cup not knowing how people will respond, I made one of the most ridiculous application videos last year and really put myself out there for humiliation, and I was amazed at the amount of support I received from my fellow THPers. It was at that point that I knew this wasn't about seniority.

All I am trying to say is we have all been new members and we have all known that feeling of thinking we aren't noticed here. But the truth is we all spend enough time on here that we do recognize you and if you apply we will all be behind you 100%, and it is not up to us who gets in so we will cheer for those that are selected and we will be sad along with those that aren't selected. I wish you all the best of luck!
Great post Bradd!!!

Good stuff, I bet I have an idea what the upcoming announcement might be now......^^^^^hint^^^^^

He actually did he radio voice for me an Tmex during Sunday singles. It was so awesome i'm angry with myself I didn't video it

The look on your faces was too funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The look on your faces was too funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dude if it's a video entry you gotta do the radio voice. Still angry I didn't video it haha

I'm planning vacation for both event's. Hopefully I can compete in the MC 2013 if not these event's are not successful without volunteer's .

I'm planning vacation for both event's. Hopefully I can compete in the MC 2013 if not these event's are not successful without volunteer's .

I like to hear this Shark! You rocked the last one with a camera. And did one heck of a job! Thanks again.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

This is my plan!

I'd love to see the Shark as a staffer. This guy makes THP great. Outings, multiple tour van stops, and he volunteers. Sharkwrestler is awesome.

I'd love to see the Shark as a staffer. This guy makes THP great. Outings, multiple tour van stops, and he volunteers. Sharkwrestler is awesome.

I completely agree with this. It would be awesome.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Im glad there is so much excitement. Last year we went with a format to take all perceived bias out of the equation. The judges were people that had never even been on the THP forum, much less knew any of the people here. In the end, it did little to change the perception of the process. When the application process is announced, everybody will see exactly how to enter. We hope you do and realize how much fun this will be. Its an epic journey that has the ultimate reward at the end of it. Completion of something special.

Don't be scared of thoughts of "Its so much work" or anything else. Enter because of your love for golf, your love for equipment and/or your love of THP. It is our honor to host this special event and one we are extremely proud of.

I have a hunch that the majority of applicants will fit all three!! That's my hope at least!!!

I[m pulling for the Shark!

I[m pulling for the Shark!

Sharkwrestler for the Cup! :blob::banana::clapp::friends::golf2::good::guitar::thumb: The big fish wrestler would be an awesome addition to the Morgan Cup :clapp:

This statement makes me smile. I too hope we aren't begging for support in the 11th hour. I hope all this joy and excitement is in the right place. And not just tied to the bling. I hope and pray that it's a pain staking process for whom ever is picking the next 12 because people poured their hearts and soles into the process. I hope when the final 12 are announced that the rest don't scatter like roaches when the lights get turned on.

I can't control anyone but myself but I hope the support carries over for those that aren't swinging the clubs. The volunteers busted arse last year and were just as much a part as those that played. If not for them we don't get to see the 'scream' from Dean. The 'proposal' from Kelly or learn new terminology like 'tree wood' or 'boonker' also from Kelly. Without volunteers we only hear about Tnolan's clutch shot or see Setho feeding the squirrels.(trail mix left on green for those that haven't seen the video) Without volunteers we aren't treated to the silky sounds of TroutBum calling the action.

The MC is made up of everyone that gives a darn about it and THP. So if you don't get in, plan on being in 64C next year having a blast with everyone else. The process was more than fair last year and will be the same this year. JB and GG have yet to let us down, right. So, stay positive and commit to the process.

Great post Tadashi (rep added).

As several of us have already said, the Morgan Cup is more then some THP members receiving cool gear. Has anyone seen how many views this thread alone has? (as of my writing this 47,874) When you think about the exposure, the OEMs participation, and everything else that goes into it. The Morgan Cup is one of, if not most defining event in amateur golf. It is up to us, the THP members, to do whatever we can to support this event whether or not you are selected. Personally, I am unable to attend any of the THP events until at least late 2014. Therefore, all I can do to support THP is sit behind a keyboard and hack away, which is exactly what I plan to do.

Great post Bradd!!!

Thanks P4B, I STILL feel like people ignore my posts and I have been here a long time, so its not something that goes away after being here a long time. lol. I'm just playing, if I were someone else I would ignore my posts also...

Thanks P4B, I STILL feel like people ignore my posts and I have been here a long time, so its not something that goes away after being here a long time. lol. I'm just playing, if I were someone else I would ignore my posts also...

That's because they saw your submission video!

Revelations Tomorrow!!!!

Can't wait to see what myself and other MC hopefuls will be doing to enter!

I like Revelations. Tomorrow is a big day for all 2013 Morgan Cup hopefuls.

I remember how nerve wrecking it was at this time last year for myself. I really am both anxious and nervous for all involved.......only 12 spots remain.

I am excited and nervous at the same time. I really want this, but I know the 12 selected are going to do an absolutely amazing job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back