Forum Testing Signup - Miyazaki B. Asha Shafts

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
At THP, we believe that testing should be done not only by us, but also by the wonderful forum members and we have another new testing project. One of the cool features about being an active member of the THP Forum is that we look to you guys/gals, the consumers, to give feedback on equipment to golfers all around the world. Each month we send out iron sets, drivers, putters, trainings aids and golf balls to our active members to be a part of the THP Forum Member testing.

photo-4-L-300x230.jpg

The Shaft
The Miyazaki B. Asha shaft is getting rave reviews from the THP Tour Van Events where golfers got a chance to test it out before it hits stores. From first impressions on looks to the performance and ball flight they have been seeing, the reviews have been incredible so far.

Criteria

You must be able to play golf (either on course, driving range or indoor facility).
5 Forum Members will be selected to participate along with THP Forum testing moderator KMac.
If selected, shipping is free for Albatross Club members only.
If you are not a member & would like to become one, click here.

Testing Process
If selected it will be your job to test the shaft out (minimum of once per week) and update the official testing thread with feedback on your findings. You will get it shafted and matched with a club head and begin testing. You must be on the forum to answer questions throughout the testing period as well as discuss the shaft thoroughly.

This is long term testing and will need updates for a period of a couple of months. If you are looking for info on what forum testing feedback should look like, check out the forum testing example thread here.

To participate you must be an active forum member or become an active forum member. Being active on THP has its benefits and product testing is one of them (monthly testing like this). If you are new, that is okay, being active is more than just tenure.

Rules
This is not a contest, so there really are no rules. All we ask is that you make a post in this thread and answer these questions. Please have an answer to all questions and be specific.

1. What driver are you currently playing?
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver?
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver?
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft?
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP?

Keep in mind if you are not chosen for this, there will be plenty of opportunities in the future here at THP for testing and other product trials. Stay active and you will have a chance to be part of these awesome testings we do here.

Newsletter
If you sign up for the free THP Digital Newsletter that hits your inbox each month, you could find out about testing before anybody else. You can sign up by clicking on the Newsletter tab at the top of the page.

Testers
Jrod
Damaikus
Canadan
WessCook
Nate

Last edited:
VERY Cool opportunity! THANK YOU Miyazaki and THP!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Matrix 6M3

S-Flex

Mid ball flight

Yes, its been a while though.

Absolutely!

oh sweet, sweet Miyazaki.....:drool:
this is awesome...

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic 310 Tour
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Miyazaki Kusala Blue 61g stiff
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Piercing rope draws with the occasional high fade.
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? Yep!
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yep!

I'm pretty excited about this testing opportunity. Thanks to THP and Miyazaki!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Bridgestone J40 and Cleveland Classic 290
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ Stiff in the J40, and Miyazaki C Kua 43S in the Classic
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid-high with the J40, higher ball flight in the Classic
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? Was static fit by BFit for the J40
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? I do consider myself to be an active poster here on THP. I will be around to keep the thread updated and to answer questions.

This one is pretty cool

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra Amp 9.5
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Aldila Speed Tuned 55g Stiff shaft
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mostly high, mid on occasion
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? yes
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yes.

What an amazing opportunity. Thanks to THP and Miyazaki!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Razr Fit
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Aldila NV 75g X-Flex
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid-Flight, low spin
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? Yes, the shaft I am using is the one I was fit into.
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? I do consider myself an active member of the community, and and active poster.

Dan

This is sweet! Thanks THP and Miyazaki!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Ping Anser
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? I have the Diamana 'Ahina stiff flex in it.
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? I am seeing a straight ball flight out of it.
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? Yes I have.
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yes I am.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic 290
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Miyazaki Kusala Blue 61S
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid-high
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? Yes, but not my current one.
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? I do. I have been lucky enough to test in the past as well as participate actively on the forum. I am on here just about all day everyday

Thanks so much to :thp: and Miyazaki for the awesome testing opportunity. This is a gorgeous shaft and 5 people are going to be very very happy

Very Cool opportunity! THANK YOU Miyazaki and THP!
1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra AMP
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Adilia Rip 55S
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid ball flight
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? No
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Absolutely!

Thanks to Miyazaki and THP for this opportunity!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Razr Fit.
  2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Mitsubishi Diamana Blue, regular flex.
  3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? When hitting it well, nice mid height boring flight. When hitting it bad, high fade/slice.
  4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? Yes, I was fit for the one I am currently using.
  5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Quite active, yes.

Heck yeah!!!! I am in absolute love with the looks of this shaft!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic 9.0º

2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? C. Kua 43x cut to 44.5"
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid launch. By far the longest driver/shaft combo I have ever hit
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? Sure have. Several times in fact.
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? I would say that I am fairly active.

Last edited:
Awesome opportunity, thanks to THP and Miyazaki!

1. What driver are you currently playing?

I play a Callaway Big Bertha 460 at 10*.

It has an Aldila NV65 Stiff shaft in it.

I usually see a high, weak flight, though I don't think it balloons too much, just a little more than I'd like.

I have not been fit for a driver shaft.

Yes I do, I'm near the top of the forum in post count every month.

This is an unbelievable opportunity for some THPers to test some absolutely fantastic golf shafts. Thank you :miyazaki: and :thp: for making this happen.

1. What driver are you currently playing? ~ I play the 9.5 TaylorMade Burner Superfast 2.0 TP (for now, probably a change very soon).
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? ~ It's a TP shaft. The Matrix Ozik HD6.
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? ~ My ball generally gets up in a hurry and hangs at a certain heigh until it loses momentum. It's higher spin and higher launching than what I believe is optimal for best yardage and angle of descent.
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? ~ Swapping out B.Asha demos in a Razr Fit this weekend is the closest I've come to being fit for a driver shaft. I found the 7x to float my ball a bit, and upon switching to the 5x, found exactly what I was looking for. Awesome flight.
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? ~ Absolutely. THP is my golf home away from home.

Last edited:
Holy shaft testing Batman!! Big thanks to THP and Miyazaki for this great opportunity!!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Callaway Razr Fit
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Matrix Radix HD6 in Stiff
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid to high ball flight
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? Yes, the one above was fit to me at the Callaway performance center
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yes, very much so.

​Thanks again to THP ans Miyazaki for this great opportunity!

Nice of Miyazaki to offer this shaft up for some forum testing. So thank you.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic 10.5*

I am playing the Miyazaki Kusala Black 61 Series in Stiff flex

3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? I'd say it's a mid-high ball flight.

4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? Yes I have, on a range at Sarasota National and locally on a Vector launch monitor.

5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yes I do. Although I don't think I've been such a tremendous asset around these parts lately. I do feel like being active should encompass a level of positivity and maturity, both of which have been missing from me lately. The more I think about being active the more I realize it's not just a number but something that can be found in tone and direction. So maybe I haven't really been an active poster lately. But I'm trying to get back to my roots. It's funny how when I think about that it brings me back to thinking about Miyazaki. Perhaps the first shaft I was actually fit for.

The B. Asha is an intriguing piece of equipment to me. I wonder if it will perform similar to the Kusala Series which I have grown to love and depend on? This will be a fun forum testing to follow for sure.

Thanks for bringing it to the forum.

1: PING G20 8.5

2: PING TFC 169 X Flex

3: Low to Mid Flight

4: Yes

5: Absolutely. I am on THP daily and feel I contribute to meaningful conversation.

Thanks THP and Miyazaki for this amazing opportunity.!

What an absolutely amazing opportunity! Thanks Miyazaki and THP!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic 290 10.5*
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Miyazaki Kusala Blue 72S
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid launching.
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? No, I haven't been professionally fit before.
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? I do certainly consider myself an active member, yes.

Thank you THP and Miyazaki

1. What driver are you currently playing? Nike VRs 8.5 (However a quick tip change and it would fit nicely in the upcoming Cell)
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Project X 6.5
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid-High
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? Yes
5. Do you consider yourself an active poster on THP? Yes

Due to my total and utter lack of golf, I will not put my name in for this but I wanted to pop in and say thank you to THP and Miyazaki for the wonderful opportunity. I have heard nothing but rave reviews about this shaft.

Oh snap!!! I have been wanting to try one of these bad boys!

1. I'm playing the Cobra AMP 10.5*. I have an extra tip ready for another shaft also.
2. The stock RIP Speed Tuned in stiff.
3. Mid launch by my definition of mid.
4. I have not been fit for a shaft.'
5. Yes I do.

Thanks to THP and Miyazaki for this awesome testing opportunity!

This is great. I am looking forward to hearing all the tester's feedback and, maybe, being a tester as well.

1. What driver are you currently playing? TaylorMade Supertri
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Miyazaki Black 72X
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid-to-low trajectory; straight to slight draw.
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? Yes, I did my own fitting with the help of launch monitors, range time and a pro.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Nike vrs 10.5*
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? NIKE Fubuki K stiff shaft
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid-to-high
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? No I have never been fitted

OMG how fun would it be to put a top shelf shaft in a 5 yr old driver? From what I saw with it in new driver heads, it's amazing and this is intriguing.

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cobra F Speed LD (2008)
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? UST ProForce Tour Flight 65g Stiff
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid--nice and penetrating. Only goes high when I tee it up too high!
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? yes, this one

AWESOME. Thanks to THP and Miyazaki for this testing!

1. What driver are you currently playing? Cleveland Classic 290 10.5˚
2. What shaft and shaft flex is in your driver? Miyazaki C. Kua 43S
3. What ball flight do you see out of your driver? Mid to Mid-High when struck well
4. Have you been fit for a driver shaft? No

Back