2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
The message was very brief and concise, as it should be. Well done JB!!

It was quite a bit longer, but had to be shortened because of only allowing 5000 characters.

Wade, you and I are in a very similar boat it seems. My game can be good or very Jekyll and Hyde if it wants to be. I am going to work hard this winter on getting ride of the latter. I think first tee nerves are going to be there no matter what. For me the question is when I tee of and what has happened around me that will decide how big or small they are. What I mean is say 20 THPers have gone before me and each one has piped one right down the middle every time, well I am going to be real nervous then cause I don't want to be the first one to hit a bad tee shot. Now say I am in the same spot and of the 20 who have teed off say 3-4 have hit a bad tee shot, well then I will relax a bit cause it already happened. I hope this makes sense.

I'm not really worried about hitting a bad shot on #1. Would it be a bit embarrassing? Sure, but we're all going to hit bad shots. I saw JB's ball go swimming with the fishes (granted, not on #1), so if he can do it, I'm certainly allowed to as well.

As long as I don't whiff. :)

Love the message. Great info JB.

The welcome message was great, and I look forward to this journey with all you guys and the rest of the forum.

Agreed. It really cleared some things up and set expectations clearly. It's not hard to see two big reasons behind the success of this site.

Feel like we're definitely at an advantage by getting this under way about a month earlier than last year. A little more time helps to create a solid groundwork for how we want to proceed this year, a little different than the last two, and looking to improve in the right direction.
I believe the message is very clear on what needs to happen and look forward to see how this year plays out moving into 2013. And having Josh more involved behind the scenes this year can only be a good thing.

I just woke up to a great PM. This is going to be a great experience.

The welcome message was great, and I look forward to this journey with all you guys and the rest of the forum.

Yes it was. I will keep it as a guide for future reference. Just in case.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Question for all of the Morgan Cup rookies.

What are you most excited about? Be honest, if it's the thrill of a good match and intense competition then let's hear about it. If it's a bag full of gear you may want to lie. Otherwise no wrong answers here!

What if anything are you most nervous about?

just catching up here from last night...... I am excited most about finding out who my teammates are and what sponsor i will have for the journey.... Equipment wise i can't wait to see the staff bag i've never had one before and i think out of everything that will be special equipment wise that will def be something that i will be the most excited to get and see for the first time and def something i will always cherish.

Nervous about..... i dunno not really that nervous i guess maybe a little bit about the Media Day but it really looked like besides the heat last year the guys really enjoyed it as well so i'm also a little excited about that as well. Not really nervous about the competition... when its with friends i usually don't get that nervous and even though this is a much bigger deal than a $5 nassau i'm still going out to have a good time first and foremost.

I also really enjoyed the PM i received this morning i like how things are going to be different this year and i think it will def help bring more people into the morgan cup than in years past. Really excited that the journey has started.

There was no S on month!

you'll be fine man...it'll be a nice experience for you

just catching up here from last night...... I am excited most about finding out who my teammates are and what sponsor i will have for the journey.... Equipment wise i can't wait to see the staff bag i've never had one before and i think out of everything that will be special equipment wise that will def be something that i will be the most excited to get and see for the first time and def something i will always cherish.

Nervous about..... i dunno not really that nervous i guess maybe a little bit about the Media Day but it really looked like besides the heat last year the guys really enjoyed it as well so i'm also a little excited about that as well. Not really nervous about the competition... when its with friends i usually don't get that nervous and even though this is a much bigger deal than a $5 nassau i'm still going out to have a good time first and foremost.

I also really enjoyed the PM i received this morning i like how things are going to be different this year and i think it will def help bring more people into the morgan cup than in years past. Really excited that the journey has started.

you'll be fine man...it'll be a nice experience for you

I can't wait i'm really looking forward to the whole journey from now till the post Morgan Cup stuff. Should be fun to see how my game reacts to practicing with a real purpose now.

Just read the welcome letter via PM. It was well written, spelling out what is expected of each of us. If that doesn't give you chicken skin, nothing will.

Sharing this with everyone will be such a blast!!

you've always practiced with purpose man....I think you'll be one of the more steadier players there....Buckjob will be ROY for 2013

I can't wait i'm really looking forward to the whole journey from now till the post Morgan Cup stuff. Should be fun to see how my game reacts to practicing with a real purpose now.

Question for all of the Morgan Cup rookies.

What are you most excited about? Be honest, if it's the thrill of a good match and intense competition then let's hear about it. If it's a bag full of gear you may want to lie. Otherwise no wrong answers here!

What if anything are you most nervous about?

I think I am the most excited to see how close 32 dudes (and volunteers) from all over the world can go from close to or total strangers on the internet and 9 months later speak about each other in the ways we have seen in the last 2 MC wrap up threads. Yes, the tour experience will be awesome, the gear will be fun to test, and the matches will test us like most are not used to. But that is temporary, the friendships and memories will last a lifetime.

It's another great day around here. That message has me fired up and ready to rock this thing. I love hearing all of your excitement and things your nervous about, thanks for the replies guys. I am excited to listen to everyone's daily updates on this journey. Guys like Smallville, Hawk and TBT literally transforming their golf game right before us on the forum daily was awesome to go through with them.

I think I am the most excited to see how close 32 dudes (and volunteers) from all over the world can go from close to or total strangers on the internet and 9 months later speak about each other in the ways we have seen in the last 2 MC wrap up threads. Yes, the tour experience will be awesome, the gear will be fun to test, and the matches will test us like most are not used to. But that is temporary, the friendships and memories will last a lifetime.

Well said!

Message was great. I think it's really going to make this whole event feel a lot more inclusive to the forum when it's all said and done. Pretty excited to watch things unfold here in the next month with teams and sponsors!

Just went over the welcome letter and I have to admit, my heart skips a beat when I see those PM's from JB concerning the Morgan Cup. What a great feeling! Great message to start us on JB! That is one I need to read a couple of times as there is some good information to follow. Again, glad to be apart of this great community and event!

How do you guys plan on handling those first tee nerves? I would imagine they will be on full alert at that point

I just got up there and swung the club as fast as I could before I freaked out.

I like what Hawk said.........also like Canadan song idea. Basically, anything you can do to get your mind off whats at hand and just get that ball off the tee!

Just read the welcome letter via PM. It was well written, spelling out what is expected of each of us. If that doesn't give you chicken skin, nothing will.

Sharing this with everyone will be such a blast!!
I agree 100% with this!

Is it bad that I'm looking more forward to the competitive and camaraderie aspect of this more then anything else?

Is it bad that I'm looking more forward to the competitive and camaraderie aspect of this more then anything else?

I dont think there is anything wrong with that, I think everyone will have different things they are looking more forward to than others, its human nature, all we can do is try to embrace what its all about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back