Hostess closing its doors (UPDATE)

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
I posted this in the Rant thread as well, as for me, it's a rant.

Sad to see any long standing company have to close it's door and fold up shop.

Fortunately, I heard Twinkies have a 50 year shelf life, so I can hoard.

WHAT?????!!!!!!!

Must go buy a lifetime supply of twinkies and Ding Dongs today!!

This is sad. Time to stockpile Twinkies.

I've had offers from friends to stock me up. I fear I may not recover if I eat too many this weekend. They are instant sleep snacks for me.

Twinkies and Ding dongs will all be sold to a different brand and will continue to be made. I am positive of that!

Effing tragic, they employ nearly 18.500 employees nation wide. I was reading about the cuts that were asked of the employees and although tough I think the pay cuts were probably the best option til they could find another job somewhere. Somebody buy a copy of The Goal for the production managers and make them read it.

Bad timing for those in Colorado smoking weed...

I find this very sad, I loved these snacks as a kid. It probably explains why I was an overweight child, but still they were delicious!

Truely a case of the fleecing of America. The products will be sold but they won't taste the same

Saw this on the news last night as the union workers on strike last week. they have a plant here in town thats been on strike for better wages for the past couple weeks. Guess that worked out well.... news said about 1500 jobs in IL to be lost.

That sucks to hear, although it's not like they are good for anyone!!!!

With that said, I can't stop thinking about this:

images

Somewhere enviro&health hippies are rejoicing.

I, am sad.

i wasn't a HUGE twinkie fan but this just plain sucks! i will be grabbing some asap to enjoy them one last time.

Truely a case of the fleecing of America. The products will be sold but they won't taste the same

What?

I said this in the Unions thread, but when I saw that they went on strike, I told my wife that in this economy they should be happy to have a job. Well, now they don't.

Saw this on the news last night as the union workers on strike last week. they have a plant here in town thats been on strike for better wages for the past couple weeks. Guess that worked out well.... news said about 1500 jobs in IL to be lost.

It's a pretty messed up deal here too, though not that many jobs. Workers at the bakery about 30 minutes from here, have made multiple concessions regarding wages over the past 10 years, and now this. IBC has been a mess forever! I ran routes for Sara Lee Bakery Group years and years ago, and IBC was doing all this re-structuring and crap even then. Hate to see that it came to this. Those workers here locally got hosed, hard.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Honestly, it makes me sad. I've enjoyed most all their products for years and years. It's certainly not a healthy snack, but boy did it all taste so good. Even Wonder Bread for a PB&J was awesome.

I honestly don't see some of those brands going anywhere. Someone will buy them up and re-package them. Whether they are the Wonder Bread and Twinkies that we know now, who knows. Heck, when I was at Sara Lee years ago, there were discussions of us buying some of the Dolly Madison branded items, just so we could have a snack presence like Hostess (IBC).

Honest question: Has anyone bought Twinkies lately? (I expect sales to skyrocket today.)

Also, if you need a fill for snack cakes, look up Tastycakes -- FTW.

Honest question: Has anyone bought Twinkies lately? (I expect sales to skyrocket today.)

Funny, I ran out and bought a box of Twinkies and Ho Hos earlier. Who needs energy drinks to kill you.

Twinkeyhenge

hot_weird_funny_amazing_cool8_bacon-twinkie-stonehenge_200907302214129608.jpg

Also, if you need a fill for snack cakes, look up Tastycakes -- FTW.

I'm not much on Twinkies, but I eat some chocolate Gems donuts like it's going out of style. And......yes, I will probably buy some today when I get out.

Back