Aldila & Mitsubishi Merger

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Aldila signs merger agreement with Mitsubishi Rayon of America. Board to recommend stockholder approval at 12/27 meeting.

Is Mitsubishi becoming the parent company?

That's interesting. Do they keep the lines separate or is one disappearing? Will also be interesting to see if Fujikura still stays atop the shaft count every week.

• Admin
I really hope this isn't the end for Aldila they make great shafts

Very interesting, makes sense with a good mix of shafts in the end. I wonder how many out lying lines of shafts will be cut?

Is Mitsubishi becoming the parent company?

I would believe so, but at this time do not have the details.

Appears that way. Looks like Mitsubishi Rayon will be the parent up the chain at some point, with Aldila being wholly-owned.

Interesting. I wonder if anything will change.

What a great partnership. Hopeful this means good things for consumers.

I wouldn't think so, the new unrelease Razr Fit Extreme features a Aldila Shaft as one of the 2 stock options

Aldila makes great shafts...

Aldila makes great shafts...

Yes, Aldila makes great shafts for fishing rods.

Did you know that Aldila (and the all shaft makers for that matter) uses its own standard specially as to flex? A Regular shaft Aldila is stiffer than, say, Fujikura or a Mitsubishi Rayon. When I buy/replace shafts, I use an M or Senior to replace an Aldila R shaft.

I think only good things can come from this. Worst case they re-name a few things but the tech isn't going away.

This is pretty damn big news IMO. Craziness.

That's interesting. Do they keep the lines separate or is one disappearing? Will also be interesting to see if Fujikura still stays atop the shaft count every week.

Wow, didn't know that and never would have guessed.

This is pretty damn big news IMO. Craziness.

I was thinking the same thing. In mind it was like Adams and taylormade merging. I see big things in the future for them. I wonder if they'll keep them separate.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

I was thinking the same thing. In mind it was like Adams and taylormade merging. I see big things in the future for them. I wonder if they'll keep them separate.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!
I would think Adila wold eventually get absorbed. Strictly speculation on my part

Two big companies merging... nice.

I see some skulls and crossbones and some ninja stars combining in the future.... Which would be sick.

Interesting. Not sure, but I think we might see some of the Aldila lines going and the product line being cut quite a bit. I'd hope this might actually lead to economies of scale and a better grade of stock shaft offering for some...

I would think Adila wold eventually get absorbed. Strictly speculation on my part

I was kind of leaning that way as well, I wonder if they would convert any of the Adila lines into theirs, like the new trinity?

i'd love to get my hands on an RIP'd whiteboard...

Back