Callaway - Marketing Uncensored

He must be a throwback from well before I ever got into watching wrestling. I thought I was a historian of sorts but wow that's going deep!

Neither Harry nor I watch this stuff anymore. But both of us from similar regions just know our 80s stuff I guess.

Really appreciate Harry taking so much time to talk with Josh for the great show today. I am really appreciating their new openness and interest in talking to us average or below average enthusiast consumers. Can't wait to lay hands on the new products as they hit retail in the next few weeks.

I think the reason why I like Harry and the guys from Callaway so much, is because they come off as guys like us. Normal, every day working class guys, just living the dream and having a blast while doing it. Listening to him talk, you can almost picture any one of us sitting there, doing the same thing. It's almost like Harry and Chad should be kicking it in the Banter Thread and talking action movies and other off the wall stuff.

I think the reason why I like Harry and the guys from Callaway so much, is because they come off as guys like us. Normal, every day working class guys, just living the dream and having a blast while doing it. Listening to him talk, you can almost picture any one of us sitting there, doing the same thing. It's almost like Harry and Chad should be kicking it in the Banter Thread and talking action movies and other off the wall stuff.

Just some guys that love golf, and happen to work in the industry

What a great interview. I really appreciate the candidness of Harry.

I also liked hearing about Sadlowski's love for the game. He should be a THP guy! Haha.

Listening to it now. I really like Harry and his awesome knowledge on the industry. He seems like one of those guys you could just ask a general question about equipment and he'd just explain it all, his company or not.

That was a very interesting interview. In addition to what others have said I was intrigued by the discussion of the 3 drivers and how they fit into a comprehensive marketing plan centered around targeting the better player. Targeting the better player seems counter-intuitive...most golfers struggle and need technology to help them...maybe marketing to the better player appeals to us on some ego-based level or something. Also found it interesting that the Extreme has every ounce of technology Callaway can squeeze into a club yet X Hot is the longer iron. Just good stuff all the way around.

What Harry said about getting the guys back that use to play Callaway or have a Callaway club in their bag or even if it's just a ball marker really hits home to me. My first custom set of clubs was Callaway back when I thought they were close to the top. I had the X-20 tour irons and FT-5 driver. Went out to the Callaway performance center in Las Vegas and spent a good 2 hours hitting clubs and shafts trying to get what I needed. Couldn't have been happier with my purchase. But then I got lost in my Callaway love and started to venture out and was hit with the Taylor Made marketing. I was curious about the adjustability and they sold it to me. So when Harry talks about getting back those that use to be Callaway, well, that's me in a nutshell, even if I wasn't a MC'er. I see what they are doing and I think they are on the right track.

Such a great interview. Harry is so great to listen to speaking about the company and their equipment, heck just in general. I've really gained a lot of respect for Callaway the way they've come out this year and am looking forward to trying out more of their stuff this year.

Glad so many people are enjoying this one. Harry is a great guy to come on the show and give insight into the golf industry.

Listening to him talk is pretty fascinating. You just don't hear that kind of open dialogue in many industries and I love it. Other companies are active in social media, but that human connection that they are offering makes Callaway's approach a lot more effective. At least to me.

The Texas teaser is obviously huge.

I recently did business with Callaway and got excellent customer service. It was from Callaway Pre-owned Golf. After the purchase the equipment arrived in excellent condition, shipment of product extremely fast, and followup by rep was awesome. I even have a personal equipment rep now to assist me in future considerations and purchases. Stuff like this makes a company grow and encourages future purchases. I'm a huge fan now.

listening again now..... i think i'll be listening at least one more time. so much good info and insight i don't want to miss a thing. Really can't wait till interview #3

listening again now..... i think i'll be listening at least one more time. so much good info and insight i don't want to miss a thing. Really can't wait till interview #3
I hear ya dude, you could easily listen over and over and pick up on something new each time. I'll be listening again as well, I had the wife and kids rambling on about something or another in the background trying to distract me. I got done listening and my wife said, "what was that" my reply....that honey...was AWESOME.

Can't wait for interview #3. And even more so can't wait to meet he man in person!

I hear ya dude, you could easily listen over and over and pick up on something new each time. I'll be listening again as well, I had the wife and kids rambling on about something or another in the background trying to distract me. I got done listening and my wife said, "what was that" my reply....that honey...was AWESOME.

Can't wait for interview #3. And even more so can't wait to meet he man in person!

So, Chad is a princess and Harry is He-Man. Got it!!

240px-HeMan.jpg

yeah it sure was awesome! it still amazes me how much of a HUGE change Callaway is making this year to for me turn their company around into a better competitor in the industry again. the 5 year war seems like it could be won in a shorter time if they truly keep up with the way they are heading. the marketing and strategy they are incorporating really has won me over.

I listened to the first half of it, now I need to get the second half in. So far it's been really good.

Anybody else have an echo on this? Sounds like only Harry, but its tough to listen to.

just gave this a listen. Harry is such a great guy and shares a lot of knowledge.

awesome to see Callaway going above and beyond to bring in the excitement for the THP Invitational in TX.

I think that the confidence Callaway has in their current/future lineup is the key. He has no doubt that if they can get a consumer in the hitting bay with an X-Hot or Xtreme that they will in fact "win" the comparison.

Anyone else hear the excitement in Harry's voice when he talks. He loves this stuff and I think that's going to translate over into the approaches Callaway makes going forward. So important.

Just listened to the interview and it was quite impressive. If you haven't listened, you should. It's easy listening to Harry as he is very sincere about where Callaway is going yet very laid back and funny. I'm watching Callaway's new direction with a keen interest. Also wish I'd signed up for Dallas. Looks like it will be a blast.

Great listen. Harry really knows his stuff. Looking forward to seeing him and the others at THP-Texas in 57 days.

Back