What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
41. My 5 year old daughter came with me to ride the cart and hit a few shots. So glad to have her with me.

First round of the year today, only nine holes and shot 48. 62* out with 25 to 30 mph wind. I think everyone in town was on the course, so pretty much had to wait for every single shot, but boy was it nice to be on the course again. The ground was so had I couldn't get a tee in the ground deeper than 1" and the greens were covered in sand, so putting was extremely slow and tough. I started the round slicing the ball pretty bad, but kind of found my swing on the last couple holes.

41. My 5 year old daughter came with me to ride the cart and hit a few shots. So glad to have her with me.

That's pretty cool right there. Hoping to get my little guy out with me quite a bit this year.

First round of the year today, only nine holes and shot 48. 62* out with 25 to 30 mph wind. I think everyone in town was on the course, so pretty much had to wait for every single shot, but boy was it nice to be on the course again. The ground was so had I couldn't get a tee in the ground deeper than 1" and the greens were covered in sand, so putting was extremely slow and tough. I started the round slicing the ball pretty bad, but kind of found my swing on the last couple holes.

Not bad at all Duey!

Not bad at all Duey!

Thanks, I was kind of surprised to break 50 under those conditions and not playing in so long, lol. Nice to get back out there.

Awesome wind round Trout! Tell old SW I said it was ok for you to take his arse to the woodshed for me :D

Thank you Gray, Ole SW played some military golf yesterday but I love playing with him, he's a great guy and good friend. I think we need to get to Georgia and play some country golf, i'll bet it's beautiful up there.

Shot 86 on a stupid hard course in cold, windy conditions. Miserable. At least it was with a new THPer who spotted my headcover. Great time from the first tee on.

Great playing with you Rees!

Shot 86 on a stupid hard course in cold, windy conditions. Miserable. At least it was with a new THPer who spotted my headcover. Great time from the first tee on.

Great playing with you Rees!
That's awesome about meeting a new THPer! Sounds like you can't complain about the score given the course and conditions.

Played this afternoon in pretty windy conditons....15-20mph most of the day. I really hit my irons well today, if fact I had a personal best 9 GIR enroute to a 41/41 =82
without a couple of errant tee shots that got caught in the wind on 8 and 11, it could have easily been 79 or 80. Hope I can keep this up...really felt good hitting everything today.

2-17scorecard_zps6ec5901f.png

Nice 82 tbt

Played this afternoon in pretty windy conditons....15-20mph most of the day. I really hit my irons well today, if fact I had a personal best 9 GIR enroute to a 41/41 =82
without a couple of errant tee shots that got caught in the wind on 8 and 11, it could have easily been 79 or 80. Hope I can keep this up...really felt good hitting everything today.

2-17scorecard_zps6ec5901f.png

there's the guy I remember! How was the short game after your last lesson?

Nice round TBT!

there's the guy I remember! How was the short game after your last lesson?

It was better....only had a couple of those little greenside chips that I struggle with....put me 20 rounds out and I'm okay...its the little chip and run things I struggle with. I had 2 holes today where I put it so close with a pitch that I didnt even need to carry my putter on the green....gotta love those.

After a two week hiatus, I went back on course today in 42* temps with 12mph winds and shot an 88 with FIVE 3-jacks! :angry:

It was better....only had a couple of those little greenside chips that I struggle with....put me 20 rounds out and I'm okay...its the little chip and run things I struggle with. I had 2 holes today where I put it so close with a pitch that I didnt even need to carry my putter on the green....gotta love those.

heck yeah those are great. Not only are they easy up and ins, but they give you great confidence the next time you are facing a similar shot.

another +100 day yesterday. I did go see someone about my swing on Saturday. Turns out it wasn't the swing at all, but the grip. So I have a new grip now. I've seen immediate improvement in the pushing/slicing problems and noticing I am delivering the same distance w/o as much swing effort. So...I am working now on aclimating myself to the feel and adjusting my swing to grip and stance setup to deliver consistent ball-striking..it's just gonna take a little time. I tried to get in some range time on Saturday but it was just too cold outside for that. I hit a couple dozen balls before our points game Sunday and things seemed to be OK but I lost it again and played terrible on the front 9. I did manage to realize I was gripping too tight and after loosening up, my drives instantly straightened out so I was getting off the tee impressively on the back 9. I was suddenly striking the irons much better too. Mediocre play on the back 9 but I have hope that I'm heading in the right direction now.

Somewhere..I lost my sand wedge. I discovered it missing right before the game and thought I might have left it home but nope, it's not here. It may be at the instructor's shop. This screwed me up around the green

46/44 today
Another great day of driving the ball negated by not hitting one decent iron shot. Trying to take lesson drills onto the course is turning into a disaster, back to the drawing board

46/44 today
Another great day of driving the ball negated by not hitting one decent iron shot. Trying to take lesson drills onto the course is turning into a disaster, back to the drawing board

Stick with it buddy. You will come around. I had the same problem when I was taking lessons and I quit. I regret it every day. Just keep at it.

Stick with it buddy. You will come around. I had the same problem when I was taking lessons and I quit. I regret it every day. Just keep at it.

Yeah I go back Wed, we will see what happens

I played 4 holes and did bogey golf.

41/40 today in 50*, sunny, breezy, but wet conditions. Hard to believe we had multiple inches of a snow Saturday evening.

10 fw
8 gir
32 putts

Tee game, though shortened by the conditions, was certainly the strength. So glad to see the block/push that crept in the last couple of rounds was gone and the draw was back. Other than a double cross hook on a dogleg right that led to 1 of 2 doubles, it pulled its share.

The irons, on the other hand, went straight to their room when we got home. They are grounded.

Putter was so-so, everything was close, but couldn't get anything to drop. Several birdie putts in the 15-20' range and a few up and down conversions from 8-10' that I needed to make.

Played very well today in 40-45* degree weather, but it was sunny and no wind. Shot an 86 with 32 putts and hit 7 FIR and only 3 GIR. I never had a bad drive today the ones that I missed the fairway on were just off by about 1-2 feet. As for hitting the greens well I was close. I have been working hard on hitting down on my irons more and the course was wet today so I was just catching it a little to fat. I mean I was like 3/4 of inch from hitting it real solid. Most of my approach shots came up about 5 yards short.

Shot 79 at Kipper in some hardcore wind. I'm jumping up and down and going crazy (on the inside).

Shot an 85 (43,42) in some tough wind. Hit 10/14 fairways and only had 31 putts. GIR was terrible. Chipping and putting saved me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back