What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 today. I'm working my way into tournament prep mode on the course. Really trying to work on focus and paying attention to each and every shot and making that shot the most important shot of the day. Was going well, was 3 over through 12 and then I started to get hungry, thirsty, and started to lose focus. All I could think of was what I wanted to eat when I got home and why didn't i grab a power bar and drink at the house before I left. But i did see some good improvement while I was still focused on my game and not my tummy.

43/44=87 at Colorado National with J4U.
Gorgeous day though. Here is a view of #10 looking back at the clubhouse and the mountains.

It was an awesome day, glad we were able to get a last minute tee time and make it happen!

Shot a 41/44 - 85
Started the back nine.... double double double and thought I was going to completely blow up. Brought it back under control, but still could have dropped a few strokes. MHG was so close on so many that he could have said the same. Will put a video together of a Par three that we took and mhg had an awesome long distance putt to set up saving Par.

2 Birdies - 6 Pars - 5 Bogies - 5 Double Bogeys
6 GIR's
33 Putts
8/14 FW's counting the topped (yep still happening, but think I know why) drives that didn't go very far, but did find the short stuff.

Had a great day at Monroe CC with OG and KellyBo. It was a little chilly to start out, but by the end of the day it was perfect. Shot 48-46 for a 94. But I saw signs of improvement. It's funny how when i hardly ever played I almost always shot in the 80s and the past 2 months I've struggled to break 90. Finally comfortable with the driver again and just need to get my wedges dialed in. Gotta stay positive and focused on where I want to be and I'll get there.

Here's the scorecard:

4Hv8oSE.png

It was an awesome day, glad we were able to get a last minute tee time and make it happen!

Shot a 41/44 - 85
Started the back nine.... double double double and thought I was going to completely blow up. Brought it back under control, but still could have dropped a few strokes. MHG was so close on so many that he could have said the same. Will put a video together of a Par three that we took and mhg had an awesome long distance putt to set up saving Par.

I saved a bogie, but thanks anyway. You failed to mention the 12 footer you drained for bird on that hole and the tap-in bird on 8.

Such a great round. 70 degrees here today so I was expecting a super slow round, actually got done right around 4 hours. First round of the year for me, shot a PB 46/46 for 92. Really happy. Had I think three holes where it took my 3 wedges to get on so that was really weak, but ball striking was awesome. 34 putts (pretty good for me), 5 GIRs, 6/14 fairways.

SkiBumGolfer can testify, I had multiple drives with the Mashie 3W of at least 275 yards. Was walloping that thing. Total game changer (first round with it).

Struggled with distance control overall, hit all my clubs way further than I have been on the range. Also struggled from about 30-60 yds with my 58*, but still happy.

Ah, you are correct..forgot about that down hill chip.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Great job Hokie! Awesome round man.

Did you get chance to bust that Stage 2 Hybrid out today?

Great job Hokie! Awesome round man.

Did you get chance to bust that Stage 2 Hybrid out today?

Thanks man! Yeah I posted in the testing thread about it. Hit it off the tee, fairway, and rough with much better results than I had been seeing at the range recently. Walloped it from the fairway on a par 4 after a lackluster tee shot and it ended up 5 yards in front of a greenside bunker that my phone said was 250 yards away. So yeah, I was much improved with it today lol

43 for the second day in a row. 14 putts with a 3 putt on 9. 6 fairways, 2 greens, 4 up&downs.

Got one last round in later this afternoon before heading for Dallas tomorrow. Not quite as good as yesterday, but I am not complaining

40/43=83
8/13 Fairways
8 GIR
32 Putts
2 Bunkers
2 Penalty Strokes
2 Birdies

Got one last round in later this afternoon before heading for Dallas tomorrow. Not quite as good as yesterday, but I am not complaining

40/43=83
8/13 Fairways
8 GIR
32 Putts
2 Bunkers
2 Penalty Strokes
2 Birdies

Great work Tim looks like all that work at GolfTec is coming together

Shot a 46 last night.
2 bunkers
1 OB
1 Unplayable Lie
16 putts with two 3 jacks
Still not swinging driver too well with that pulled groin I got in Monroe but still OK with irons (?). Scrambled well. Putted nicely. Couple of really good iron recovery shots.

Shot a 46 last night.
2 bunkers
1 OB
1 Unplayable Lie
16 putts with two 3 jacks
Still not swinging driver too well with that pulled groin I got in Monroe but still OK with irons (?). Scrambled well. Putted nicely. Couple of really good iron recovery shots.

If you quit hitting the ball over 300 yards your groin might heal up :beat-up:

Such a great round. 70 degrees here today so I was expecting a super slow round, actually got done right around 4 hours. First round of the year for me, shot a PB 46/46 for 92. Really happy. Had I think three holes where it took my 3 wedges to get on so that was really weak, but ball striking was awesome. 34 putts (pretty good for me), 5 GIRs, 6/14 fairways.

SkiBumGolfer can testify, I had multiple drives with the Mashie 3W of at least 275 yards. Was walloping that thing. Total game changer (first round with it).

Struggled with distance control overall, hit all my clubs way further than I have been on the range. Also struggled from about 30-60 yds with my 58*, but still happy.

I sure can testify, he had a couple drives with it that were more like 310 yds. We both hit our tee shots on a 390 yd par 4 (me driver, him 3W) and had 58* wedges for our approaches. I was mashing my driver today as well, but hokie's swing speed is about 10-12 mph faster than mine. Also worth noting - we are playing at around 4500ft elevation, so we're getting 20 or 30 extra yds vs. you blokes at sea level.

As far as what did I shoot, first round of the year for me as well and also a great round! Broke 80 for the first time on 18 holes! Shot a PB 39/39 = 78. Was definitely pretty stoked about that! 35 putts (with only one three putt - had a lot of long lags that worked out for two though!), 11 GIR (61.1%), 7/14 fairways hit, 2 birdies. And as I've already said, was killing my driver as well as the long clubs today. Hit a 220yd 2h on my second shot on a par 5 that settled about 15 feet short of the pin and left me with a tap in birdie. I just need to get my approach shots a little closer to the hole now to give myself a better chance at bird more often now, and I can shoot even lower!

Strange round today, played terrible on the front nine and canny on the back 9. Went round in 105.

Was hitting some nice three woods off the fairways but some terrible ones off the tees. The complete opposite of what I was doing last round
icon_cry.gif
icon_lol.gif

I suppose its all part of the learning process

Best round of golf in my life, headed out to meet some other members and was slighly apprehensive off the first tee as I'd only managed 12 holes before today... I shot a 70 (level par) super consistant and my new ATV wedge is a thing of beauty

Best round of golf in my life, headed out to meet some other members and was slighly apprehensive off the first tee as I'd only managed 12 holes before today... I shot a 70 (level par) super consistant and my new ATV wedge is a thing of beauty

That is quite the way to meet other THPers, well done Smudger and Congratulations on the new PB.

Oak Tree GC - Plainfield, IN. Shot 40-42=82, albeit off temporary tees (probably equal to forward tees). My driving needs a lot of work, but I am very, very happy with my irons & short game - best I have hit off the fairway in a long time. Bonus: working on body rotation versus lateral shift has alleviated a lot of my SI joint pain.

Ok...today was my first round since shoulder surgery in October.
MeadowWood GC. Par 72 - 6429 yards.
The shoulder felt great and held up just fine.
I shot 40 - 37 for a 5 over 77.
9 out of 14 Fairways
9 out of 18 GIR
2 Birdies
31 putts with 1-3 putt.

All in all, I am VERY happy with the first round of the year.

Ok...today was my first round since shoulder surgery in October.
MeadowWood GC. Par 72 - 6429 yards.
The shoulder felt great and held up just fine.
I shot 40 - 37 for a 5 over 77.
9 out of 14 Fairways
9 out of 18 GIR
2 Birdies
31 putts with 1-3 putt.

All in all, I am VERY happy with the first round of the year.
Heck of a round....all things considered, congrats!

Played Bentwater today. Blue Tees - 6517 yrds, 71.9/136. 41/42 for an 83. Was very please with my round since there was a solid wind blowing all day. 12/14 fairways, 7/18 greens. 32 putts. 1 birdie, 7 pars, 8 bogies, 2 double bogies.

41-43 = 84

Putting and chipping let me down a little bit today but still an overall solid day out on the course playing pretty tough with a good amount of wind.

Got to game the altitudes today and came away pretty darn impressed for my first day trying him.

41-43 = 84

Putting and chipping let me down a little bit today but still an overall solid day out on the course playing pretty tough with a good amount of wind.

Got to game the altitudes today and came away pretty darn impressed for my first day trying him.
I'd say you liked them, nice round!

I'd say you liked them, nice round!

R1 was phenomenal on 8.75 setting and iron striking was decent. I can do better tomorrow though. Q star Still continues to impress me every time I play it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back