Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

If you're a low spinner, it's definitely going to be a good option to look at. In a perfect world I think I'd drop a couple degrees of launch, so I might try opening up the face to lower the loft a little. I agree with ther SuperTri comparison Buck. Higher launch and spin in a head that is very forgiving and sounds great.

i think the XHot is actually better for lower swing speeds.... the Xtreme is much better for higher swing speeds from what i've been reading with stock shafts anyway. i just like the look it reminds me so much of my super tri if this new shaft straightens out my ball with it the Super Tri may finally be retired.

I certainly fall into the slower swing speed category, I am down to the 90-92 mph range now. I swapped my CCXLC in at the PGA SS last week for the X Hot, I was fitted 3 different times by 3 different fitters and the XHot and the CCXLC were either 1st or 2nd best for me in each fitting. The salesman who sold me the CCXLC made a mistake and gave me the 60 gram shaft instead of the 40 gram that I had hit that day. It just did not work well for me on the course. When I took it back a different fitter got with me on the monitor for a 45 minute fitting and we decided to go with the X Hot instead of just swapping the CCXLC for a 40 gram shaft. I have a slightly higher ball speed with the X Hot. Heading to the course today to get in my first round with the X Hot and I am excited to see how it goes.

Awesome DD. I hope it works out well for you.

Awesome DD. I hope it works out well for you.

Thanks Ryan, I really think this will be an awesome driver to put in the bag.

I swear it's like the Amp and SuperTri had a baby and it was the best sounding driverbaby ever created.

Very curious to see what opening up the face will do for me. Not concerned about losing balls right since that's a rare miss I make when I really hose things up. If I could get my launch right at 14-15 consistently I'd be 100% satsified.

I certainly fall into the slower swing speed category, I am down to the 90-92 mph range now. I swapped my CCXLC in at the PGA SS last week for the X Hot, I was fitted 3 different times by 3 different fitters and the XHot and the CCXLC were either 1st or 2nd best for me in each fitting. The salesman who sold me the CCXLC made a mistake and gave me the 60 gram shaft instead of the 40 gram that I had hit that day. It just did not work well for me on the course. When I took it back a different fitter got with me on the monitor for a 45 minute fitting and we decided to go with the X Hot instead of just swapping the CCXLC for a 40 gram shaft. I have a slightly higher ball speed with the X Hot. Heading to the course today to get in my first round with the X Hot and I am excited to see how it goes.

I hope you stroke it good today buddy! It's a bit windy today so you can tell us how it worked in this type condition for ya.

I hope you stroke it good today buddy! It's a bit windy today so you can tell us how it worked in this type condition for ya.

Thanks my friend, how did you and KB do yesterday?

good stuff DD hope you hit it well... the speed frame face on this and the Xtreme are so HOT you can almost feel the ball compressing on the face it feels like a spring board. pretty cool when you hit it in the sweet spot.

good stuff DD hope you hit it well... the speed frame face on this and the Xtreme are so HOT you can almost feel the ball compressing on the face it feels like a spring board. pretty cool when you hit it in the sweet spot.

That sounds pretty cool! I need to give this driver, both actually.

This is one of the drivers I will be looking at when I go demo drivers next week, I hope I get the same results as most of you guys are getting, keep the info coming :)

It was pretty windy today but I decided to go for 36 anyway as I was having a blast hitting the new X Hot driver. Even with the wind I hit 20 of 25 FWs on holes when I played the driver. Of the 5 misses only one was 15 yards off of the fairway the others were all just off and very playable, this is highly unusual accuracy for me. I found that I have some trouble working the ball in either direction but I do feel that I can work on this on the range an it will be just fine, man I do hope I am right on that but as short as I hit straight is always a good shot.

Distance was hard to judge with the wind either always being in my face, behind or crossing so my guess is that the distance will be at least as long as my Cleveland Black if now a bit longer. I really like the look of the head at address and am very happy with the shaft performance as I was able to hit the ball high or mid with relative ease. I will be heading out tomorrow for at least 18 and maybe 27 so hopefully the wind will be down and I can get a better idea about the distance.

Able to get in 27 with my XH today and it continues to impress. Swing was off a bit on the second nine but it only cost me one stroke. Buckjob mentioned the speed frame face, and I agree, on center strikes its almost as if you feel the poor ball compressing and then it just launches off the face. Even on the misses on the back only the one got me in trouble. This head is so forgiving, anywhere on the face is in play unless you miss as badly as I did on #15 today.

Interesting part of the day, is I switched shafts for the replay 9, to an AXE Xcalibur T6+ I purchased out of the Marketplace last week. I'd only hit this a few times on the range, but liked the feel and dispersion I saw. The Black Tie has treated me pretty well, but this thing with the AXE was AWESOME! I think the biggest factor was being .5" shorter, as I centered all but 1 drive, which was a 260yd heel fade miss. Hit, no, center-cut, all 6 fairways I hit it on. On the last hole I was exactly 7 yards in front of my earlier divot (my best drive of the day with both shafts). I saw a little draw come back into my game, something I can't do with the Black Tie as it is borderline too much shaft for me. Next order of business is trimming it to 45.5", something I've thought of doing anyways.

Still in the honeymoon phase with the XH, but 6.5 rounds in I've raised my fw hit % significantly and picked up 10 yards from last year. Just can't rave about this thing enough.

It was pretty windy today but I decided to go for 36 anyway as I was having a blast hitting the new X Hot driver. Even with the wind I hit 20 of 25 FWs on holes when I played the driver. Of the 5 misses only one was 15 yards off of the fairway the others were all just off and very playable, this is highly unusual accuracy for me. I found that I have some trouble working the ball in either direction but I do feel that I can work on this on the range an it will be just fine, man I do hope I am right on that but as short as I hit straight is always a good shot.

Distance was hard to judge with the wind either always being in my face, behind or crossing so my guess is that the distance will be at least as long as my Cleveland Black if now a bit longer. I really like the look of the head at address and am very happy with the shaft performance as I was able to hit the ball high or mid with relative ease. I will be heading out tomorrow for at least 18 and maybe 27 so hopefully the wind will be down and I can get a better idea about the distance.

36 holes today and maybe 27 tomorrow! You old stud puppy :D. Sounds like a pretty successful day with the X-Hot for you. Congrats dude and get ready to kick some arse in your tournament this weekend in Brunswick, Ga. :deadhorse:

Guess who's about to start earning #bomb patches!!

20130422_175638_zps467d3427.jpg

20130422_175706_zps2f8e93c7.jpg

20130422_175725_zpsdd95eede.jpg

Lucky for me we got 5 inches of snow today... Grrrrrr. Supposed to be turning a corner and warming up, I'll get tons of feedback with pics and videos later in the week.

Nice P4B. Rumor has it that when the box showed up and you opened it, the club screamed for mercy knowing the hurting you are going to put on it.

Nice P4B. Rumor has it that when the box showed up and you opened it, the club screamed for mercy knowing the hurting you are going to put on it.

When I pulled up I heard some screaming as if someone was trapped under my car, I was concerned and looked around and couldn't see anything. I thought someone was trapped under my house, nope. I searched and the noise was louder and louder and finally I figured it out, the X Hot Pro was already begging for mercy from inside the box. Begging for the UPS guy to take him back to his happy place.

Not gonna happen, I'm going to smash balls with this thing!!

Fan-damn-tastic Jake!!!

pro looks nice Jake! the way i'm hitting my XHOT i'm def pondering a pro a bit now do i need every driver callaway makes this year? no but i may do it anyway! looking forward to your feedback on it. i'm still blown away by the XHOT and how freaking long it is.

Jake ready to put some hurt on. Don't hurt 'em Hammer!

Looks absolutely awesome Jake. You go get them patches #XBomb

That's one sexy driver big guy! Congrats and good luck with it.

Little practice session last night and the X-hot was one of the few clubs I felt like I hit well. Opened it up and I liked the ball flight. Tough to be sure with range balls, so will test for sure on the course.

Guess who's about to start earning #bomb patches!!

20130422_175638_zps467d3427.jpg

20130422_175706_zps2f8e93c7.jpg

20130422_175725_zpsdd95eede.jpg

Lucky for me we got 5 inches of snow today... Grrrrrr. Supposed to be turning a corner and warming up, I'll get tons of feedback with pics and videos later in the week.

That is a thing of beauty Jake. I know you are going to be pounding balls to dust with that bad boy.

nice Jake. I missed this yesterday. Hope that snow melts for you quickly

Back