The Ultimate Golf Event Period - The 2014 Morgan Cup - #THPMC

A lot of Morgan Cuppers in Orlando this weekend. I am sure I know what the topic of conversations will be.

The new attractions at Disneyworld? No, that's not it... :angel:

6 volunteers this year, should be plenty of video to go through this year, I am pumped!!!!

6 volunteers this year, should be plenty of video to go through this year, I am pumped!!!!

Last year's coverage was absolutely stellar and this year will be no different. Looking forward to meeting them and trying not to flub up on camera.

I'm starting to get pumped again, I've been buried in work for the past week, only 2-4 hours of sleep per night, and worst of all no golf. Tomorrow, half the day off from work, a round of golf with my imaginary caddie James, teeing off as soon as the caddie master says it's good to go. Now I'm going to bed and browse the Caledonia and TB score savers. I feel dead due exhaustion, but I feel very much alive because of THP, you guys and the Morgan Cup!

I'm with ya Jersey Nate!

Good dreams Castor. Have a good round tomorrow. Tell James I said hello. Will he be coming to MB with you?

JM

I'm with ya Jersey Nate!

Good dreams Castor. Have a good round tomorrow. Tell James I said hello. Will he be coming to MB with you?

JM

Of course he will, except for the Sat & Sun rounds of course. No caddies. ;)

I can't wait to watch all the amazing coverage!

I agree! IIRC, there was a comment a long time ago that some of it might be with a HD camera this year? Could be mistaken though.

JM

It's sneaking up on ya boys so hunker down and get those games fired up for action :bomb:

I agree! IIRC, there was a comment a long time ago that some of it might be with a HD camera this year? Could be mistaken though.

JM

I think that was in use last time around as well.

It's sneaking up on ya boys so hunker down and get those games fired up for action :bomb:

I think about the MC everyday whether I'm on the golf course or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

This event will change you as a man and a golfer. There is nothing like it. Each shot means something. Camera's are on you from the moment you step onto the first tee. Your sponsor may be following you for a few holes. You will see JB and Morgan on various holes with cameras and asking you how it's going. You can see the joy in both of their eyes when you talk to them. You will have teammates coming to watch the end of your match if necessary. There may be local media around the course trying to get different stories going on within the Morgan Cup.

All this is just what happens on the course. So much more occurs after you walk off True Blue or Caledonia. The stories that will be told. The memories that will be created. The bonds that will be forged. Speaking from someone that has been through the battle once before, it is an honor to share this event with each and every one of you.

There are 40 plus different personalities and sometimes hard to agree just how this journey should go for everyone. At the end of the day, only YOU control how this experience is taken, no one else. There are 5 teams and we all have our team banners flying around the site and pledging our allegiance with our 7 other brothers and such but I truly believe this is ONE big team and we should all remember that.

I'm locked, cocked and ready to rock, sir! Played 18 yesterday and after a dreadful front 9, FINALLY was able to start taking aggressive swings with my irons, with great results. My last 5 iron/wedge shots were everything that I've been working towards. I need to get out again soon before this feeling fades!!

I'm so ready for this event to be here! The excitement of getting fit, trying to figure clothing, what handshake are Golfer Best and I going to use, and more than anything, getting to meet the rest of my team and the other competitors. Time has flown and I can't believe we are so close to staff/sponsor day.

This event will change you as a man and a golfer. There is nothing like it. Each shot means something. Camera's are on you from the moment you step onto the first tee. Your sponsor may be following you for a few holes. You will see JB and Morgan on various holes with cameras and asking you how it's going. You can see the joy in both of their eyes when you talk to them. You will have teammates coming to watch the end of your match if necessary. There may be local media around the course trying to get different stories going on within the Morgan Cup.

All this is just what happens on the course. So much more occurs after you walk off True Blue or Caledonia. The stories that will be told. The memories that will be created. The bonds that will be forged. Speaking from someone that has been through the battle once before, it is an honor to share this event with each and every one of you.

There are 40 plus different personalities and sometimes hard to agree just how this journey should go for everyone. At the end of the day, only YOU control how this experience is taken, no one else. There are 5 teams and we all have our team banners flying around the site and pledging our allegiance with our 7 other brothers and such but I truly believe this is ONE big team and we should all remember that.

Well said my friend!!

Even though I have been there the last 2 years, I am still envious of those that will be participating this year. The Morgan Cup has been so much of my life the last 2 years, I had hoped to be there as a volunteer this year to give back to JB/GG and the event that has given me so much, but that didn't quite workout.

But I will be supporting each and everyone of you in this incredible journey, enjoy the next 2 months gentlemen because it will be over before you know it.

Getting ready every single day. Getting to the range after work more often, more and more practice every day. Longer days means fewer excuses.

My #THPMC prep will be derailed for a couple of weeks starting Monday when I have a melanoma removed from my shoulder. But, I'm sure I will find something I can do every single day that in some way will help keep me on track. Even if it's just putting and reading golf books, or sharing thoughts with my team mates, every day will still be focused on the goal of being ready for July.

My #THPMC prep will be derailed for a couple of weeks starting Monday when I have a melanoma removed from my shoulder. But, I'm sure I will find something I can do every single day that in some way will help keep me on track. Even if it's just putting and reading golf books, or sharing thoughts with my team mates, every day will still be focused on the goal of being ready for July.
Good luck, V.man. Rest up and come back strong.

You got this Ken!

Thoughts and prayers man! Priority #1 task, get healthy!

Last edited:

Get better Ken. We're. All thinking about you.

T&P's your way Ken, hate that stupid word.

Rest up Ken, you're good enough to be able to take a few days off to recover. You might miss a fairway the next time you play but consider it just a bit of rust

Ken, I know it sucks to be sidelined while you're trying to prep for the big event, but you'll be back at it in no time. Like you said, spend the time focusing on the short game and the mental side, and you'll be even better when you get back to full prep.

Back