Happy Anniversary Golfer Gal

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Today marks 1 year to the day that I became a better person. Today marks 1 year to the day when someone entered my life and changed it forever. Today marks 1 year to the day in which someone has impacted my life and made me smile from the moment I get up in the morning to the time I close my eyes to go to sleep. Sometimes that special person can make your world turn upside down and only then do you realize that you were living backwards for your previous years.

1 year ago today Golfer Gal became my wife and agreed to spend the rest of her life with me. From the minute that happened, I realized that there really is that special person for everybody in the world. But to understand my anniversary, bare with me as I bore you with the details on how that came to be.

As I have been open with for years, I had a rocky childhood and young adult life. I was not what you would call the best “citizen”. This was not due to the way I was raised or any fault of those around me. This was due to me making repeatedly bad decisions because of impatience and not accepting and believing that the core values that were taught to me were that important. I was raised by a wonderful woman after my parents divorced that cared despite the fact that I did not. I was then further raised by someone that I idolized, that was my father. I looked up to the man like no other and despite any shortcomings (he has very few it seems) he taught me the difference between right and wrong and that ethics and honesty were the two most important things in this world. To this day I look up to him and want to have my life complete like his has become. One thing I learned from my father early on that was the cliché that behind every good man is a good woman is entirely true. It was not something that he pointed out or lectured on, but you could see his rise in the world of business came as he was most happy at home.

I set out in a career path to be close to him (similar fields) and to get his approval, but he did not give it, because I did not earn it. I was still struggling to find my life path and after years of trying to do so, I met someone one night that changed my life forever. I met Golfer Gal and I knew within 5 minutes of speaking to her that we would spend the rest of our lives together. We were friends for a while and really got to know each other, but all the while I knew she was the one.

When we started dating she knew I was interested in golf and actually asked the question “you don’t watch golf do you?” Of course I said “no”. Who would have thought at this time, we would both be glued each and every week. One day while at a golf store she saw a bag that she loved as she had just taken up the game. While she was at work the following week I went and bought that golf bag after spending weeks trying to find a ring without being caught. I called her that day at work and told her to come home early it was important. I hid the ring in one of the pockets and when she came through the door presented her with the bag. The room started spinning and I finally blurted out like a fool, “check out all these pockets” and as she did, she saw the ring box and I got down and proposed to her. Watching her smile so wide convinced me that the decision I had made was the right one.

After 3 months of wedding planning, we decided to have a quick wedding and watching her say “I do” is something I will never forget….

I have made promises to her that will be kept forever. She certainly has earned that. I told her we were starting a website, she said okay. I told her we were starting a magazine, she said okay. I told her we were starting a radio show, she said okay. I told her we were going to start doing outings, she said okay. Now it is her turn and I owe it to her to give her the best life possible. This remarkable woman makes me better each and every day I see her smile.

Fast forward a year and those in the golf industry and those on THP have gotten to know Golfer Gal almost as well as I have. We live a fairly transparent life through this site, the magazine, and of course our radio show. One thing always remains constant is that those that spend some time with her say the same thing as I do. “What a remarkable person”.

She did not sign up for my life, and the life we live today, but has gone through it with smiles and hard work. Working up to 15 hours a day is not something I ever thought would be the life we would lead, but we love our work and know that the light at the end of the tunnel is worth what we believe in. I could not do this with anybody else in the world other than my wife. I could not be where I am without my wife. I could not be the person I have become without my wife.

Over the last 12 months I have learned to realize that those lessons I witnessed from my father growing up are what makes me a better person today. Having the person in my life to “complete me” is what makes my life complete.

1 year ago today I married someone special. I love you Morgan with all my heart. Happy Anniversary!

Love,

Josh

Congrats to both of you! Have a great anniversary!

thats sweet JB. Happy Anniversary to you both!

Happy anniversary you two!

Happy Anniversary Josh and Morgan!

Very best of everything to both of you in the future.

Re: Happy Anniversary Golfer Gal

Awesome 'review' of the last year of your lif with GG, JB!!! Best of luck to both of you and THP going forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope she prints this out and frames it. You can tell this comes from the heart.

Congratulations on your 1st year of marriage. May you be blessed with many, many more.

Happy Anniversary GG & JB. Have a great time celebrating!

Dang JB, I'm glad Liz isn't on this site, lol. Your one romantic dude. Congrats on the anniversary and to many more to come.

good lord man, i think i'm tearing up. congrats to both of you on a wonderful milestone. i hope that you celebrate many more together.

Congrats on your anniversry and hope you both have many more wonderfull years.

Congratulations! I think I speak for most of THP when I say we are the lucky ones that you two found each other. It has lead to the best golf site in the world and brought a whole other aspect to the golf industry that most of us have been wanting for years. I've enjoyed reading and chatting with everyone on this site for the past year and plan on being here for a long long time.

:blob:Happy Anniversary! Here is to the years ahead together being even better than the last year.:blob:

Happy Anniversary! Congratulations - you guys are great together. Cheers to you and many more happy years!

Happy Anniversary :clapp:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Another beautiful letter that made me cry. All I got him was candy, I feel like such a bad wife.
Nothing more fitting to the man than candy, GG! Isn't candy the one year gift? (And for him, every year?)

I've seen how you two are together, and it's like one episode of In The Rough 24 hours a day.

I'm glad we're all a tiny little part of it! Congrats to both of you, it is clear talking to each of you the admiration you have for one another.

That is so awesome JB and GG!! Happy Anniversary!!

Very touching Josh, as much as you have a great woman n Morgan, she has done fairly well for herself with you. On a side note I am going back to NY next month to suprise my parents for their 50th anniversary. I truely wish the best for you both and 49 years from today you two are still as happy with each other as you are today.

wow...I can't believe its been a year already. Congratulations to the both of you.

Happy anniversary you two. Enjoy the day and the many more years you two will be together.

Just joined the THP family and noticed it was your 1st Anniversary. I am celebrating 15 years today with my bride and wish you the same success we have enjoyed. Like the website............

Back