Official THP 2011 Golf Outing & Demo Day

grrr. just got some potential bad news :(

Long story short.... The Girlfriend and I were planning on making this a week long trip. We were flying into Fort Lauderdale on monday - staying with my sister in South Beach Till wednesday. Then drive up to west palm beach wednesday and stay with two of our friends who live in palm beach gardens (i used to bartend with him, and went to High school with her) - they were going to show us the town and take us to dinner - and Jen was going to spend time with Nikki (my gf) while i golfed. Perfect for both of us. She gets to lay at the pool, shop, spa - do whatever with a friend, while i have the time of my life with the boys on the course. WIN WIN!

Then thursday get checked into PGA National and meet everyone at the IBAR for the first time. Which i am EXTREMELY excited to finally put faces to names of all the wonderful members Ive met here. Planned on flying out of WPB late monday...

Well.... As soon as JB posted this - i showed the girlfriend and told her we could make it a week long vacation and visit friends family - and she was super excited. I committed - booked flights - signed off with the resort, pretty much crossed all my T's.

In June of 2010 - her step sister - got engaged. When nikki went home for Christmas they gave her a "SAVE THE DATE" - it is May 21st - the friggin saturday of the outing. you gotta be kidding me. So many things wrong with this its ridiculous. This is 2 months after we booked our trip.

we talk about it - and decide - look nikki isnt even in the wedding - we would only be guests (which in itself is weird) Nikki and her stepsister are not close.. And we both really wanted this vacation. So we tell her family - sorry we already booked our trip before you planned this wedding. If you wanted us to be apart of it - you should have asked us to either be in it, or tell us when the date was. I find it hard to believe they would wait 6 months to set a date - and only give family/friends 5 months notice?

Nikki went home to bucyrus tonight to speak with them again. Apparantly there was a big fight yesterday...

Im looking into changing nikki's flight to fly out of WPB rather than FTL and have her fly home Friday am. so she can make the wedding. even though she is livid and does not want to cancel her vacation for this. Its more a power struggle i think with her step mom/step sis & her dad. Hell they were fine with it a month ago.... i dont know what changed.

Sooo i told nikki I would fly home with her friday - and go to the wedding. But she literally told me "no way you are missing this" You dont have to go.

So i thought about it - i made sure that it was fine and ok - and she said absolutely its not up for discussion. You are not going to the wedding, stay and have fun with the guys.

Pretty cool girl i have.

Soooo unfortunately - if you arent there thursday - you wont get a chance to meet her - and ill be flying solo the rest of the trip.

barring any changes before then.

That sucks! But we will definitely be there Thursday and I would love to meet her before she has to leave.

Wow CG, that's rough. Glad you'll still be able to stay! Too bad the GF can't stay. I'll have a couple cold ones waiting for you guys when you arrive!

Sorry to hear that CG but sounds like you have a great girl there. Hopefully I can meet you both at the Ibar on thursday, along with everyone else.

CG, marry that girl promptly dude.

On another note is there a certain time we must wait until on Thursday to play?

insert witty sig line here. Tapatalk

On another note is there a certain time we must wait until on Thursday to play?

Whoa now hoss! Why ruin a good thing? Have you been drinking? Haha

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

Yes I am. I do my best thinking when I'm not drinking.

Tapatalk: not just for staffers.

Official Prison Calendar Update!

As of today, February 24, we have 83 days until we are sitting at the iBar sipping drinks, telling stories, and laughing at the DJ "dancing by himself" across the room :bananadance:

Official Prison Calendar Update!

As of today, February 24, we have 83 days until we are sitting at the iBar sipping drinks, telling stories, and laughing at the DJ "dancing by himself" across the room :bananadance:

Don't forget the card trick guy!!

Yes I am. I do my best thinking when I'm not drinking.

SW is a poet and don't know it :D

OH CG13 I'm so sorry to hear about your girlfriend not being able to stay for the whole outing. We probably will miss meeting her, unfortunately, as we're planning on flying in very late on Thursday (don't even start about how I haven't booked out plane tickets, gas prices are atrocious, and that I'm going to have to pay a ton more b/c of all of the rising prices). BUT, I am very happy that you are still going to make the outing!

CG, sorry to hear about the GF not being able to stay. Awful cool of her to let you stay on. I am glad to hear that we won't have to break up our Sunday pairing.

Erica and I are getting very excited about this. It will be nice to be able to hang out with you all and enjoy some great golf.

Erica and I are getting very excited about this. It will be nice to be able to hang out with you all and enjoy some great golf.

Couldn't have said it better myself. AG and I are very much looking forward to going back! It'll be an awesome weekend, well, week! :D

That sucks! But we will definitely be there Thursday and I would love to meet her before she has to leave.

just got off the phone with southwest - i am switching her flight to Sat AM- to fly out of West Palm Beach - so she can stay with me Friday - and attend the BQT atleast. She was upset she wouldnt meet most of you and a little more upset her vacation is being cut short. But oh well - things happen.

Wow CG, that's rough. Glad you'll still be able to stay! Too bad the GF can't stay. I'll have a couple cold ones waiting for you guys when you arrive!
Cannot wait to share a cold one!

Sorry to hear that CG but sounds like you have a great girl there. Hopefully I can meet you both at the Ibar on thursday, along with everyone else.
she is great

OK LOL! we just went through 5 weddings last year - and you can bet i heard about it EVERYONE. Weve been together 6 years, lived together 3 years, or is it 7 hell i forget; and apparantly that is 4 years too long without a ring in her eyes HAHA. Luckily i am a master of persuasion and change the subject to a vacation everytime its brought up. HAHA

no more wedding talk!

you and i are going to get along just fine sir.

I awoke this morning thinking about the outing and that we are getting closer.

I spent 20 minutes looking at the picture thread again. I love when it gets bumped.

I've been thinking about it more now as well especially with the commericials for the Honda Classic popping up. I keep thinking to myself....I was in that water, and that water, and that water. Can't wait to add some yellow balls to the water ways of PGA National as well as some lucky Floridian's back yard/rooftop/car

Yesterday I think I talked about our outing for a couple holes with this guy I played with. After I hit a green with the Mashie, see Mashie thread, we were talking about it and I bragged about hitting it last year. And that we had all kinds of pre-release gear there. He just happen to be heading to PGA National this week to visit and play some golf so we talked about the courses and FL golf a bit. Cant wait for this to come.

It's amazing that this event is just around the corner. It's the best golf trip I've ever been on and I look forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones.

I am glad to see I am not the only one excited about the upcomming outing. I had thought with all the talk about the Morgan Cup, people had put the outing on the back burner. I am glad to see that has not been the case. I am excited to attempt to get some revenge on the courses there and specifically the Bear Trap. I also am looking foward to round # 2 on Saturday where team Bushwood is going to take first place and celebrte their victory with drinks at the IBar.

I am glad to see I am not the only one excited about the upcomming outing. I had thought with all the talk about the Morgan Cup, people had put the outing on the back burner. I am glad to see that has not been the case. I am excited to attempt to get some revenge on the courses there and specifically the Bear Trap. I also am looking foward to round # 2 on Saturday where team Bushwood is going to take a big ol arse whupping from team Rbelbin and celebrate our arse whupping with drinks at the IBar.

FIFY.... It is going to be fun to see everyone again and meet some newbies! I will be playing with a whole new bunch this year and also getting to play with some more Saturday afternoon. Maybe some different folks Sunday afternoon.

FIFY.... It is going to be fun to see everyone again and meet some newbies! I will be playing with a whole new bunch this year and also getting to play with some more Saturday afternoon. Maybe some different folks Sunday afternoon.

Pretty big talk there Gray. Now come back to reality and realize you are losing to us!!! :stickbeat:

I like it gray. I like it a lot.

I've been thinking about it more now as well especially with the commericials for the Honda Classic popping up. I keep thinking to myself....I was in that water, and that water, and that water. Can't wait to add some yellow balls to the water ways of PGA National as well as some lucky Floridian's back yard/rooftop/car

I try not to think about the water... bad memories. :D

I am glad to see I am not the only one excited about the upcomming outing. I had thought with all the talk about the Morgan Cup, people had put the outing on the back burner. I am glad to see that has not been the case. I am excited to attempt to get some revenge on the courses there and specifically the Bear Trap. I also am looking foward to round # 2 on Saturday where team Bushwood is going to take first place and celebrte their victory with drinks at the IBar.

Not if Team Mad Science has anything to say about that!

Back