Freaking Boo Weekley

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
Watched Boo on Morning Drive and I must say that I really like this guy. Dude shot a rattle snake that had crawled between his legs while he was sitting on the ground hunting turkey. Shot a freaking snake while it was between his legs!
He really sounds like a real guy and not all pretentious like some golfers can be.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

I love boo too. He us freakin hilarious.

Boo is a lot of fun, I always pull for him because he is what he is. Boo.

I am a Boo Weekly fan myself. He is a good old boy from Florida and seems like he really enjoys life .

It was confirmed to us at Bay Hill that Boo is exactly as everyone thinks he is. He is a genuinely good guy and very fun to be around. Everyone said he has a heart of gold.

Last edited:
I agree. Boo is a true working mans player. Not at all like some of the "stuffed shirt" kind of guys. So many have felt they were connected to Daly because he has so many of the same problems as them, but I have never felt that way (about JD). I'm nothing like him (and I'm thankful for that) but I may be a little like Boo in some regards.

You have to respect a guy that has enough respect for others to call them "sir".

I can't get a handle on Boo at all, ever since his interview at St Andrews, when he more or less told a BBC reporter that he didn't know anything about the place and hadn't really heard of the course. I found that confusing at least.

He does seem to be a genuine kind of guy though, and pro golf needs as many of them as it can get.

I can't get a handle on Boo at all, ever since his interview at St Andrews, when he more or less told a BBC reporter that he didn't know anything about the place and hadn't really heard of the course. I found that confusing at least.

He does seem to be a genuine kind of guy though, and pro golf needs as many of them as it can get.

I kind of agree with your post paulo. On the one hand, I love his honesty and his demeanor but on the other hand, as a Southerner, he's embarrassing.

It was confirmed to us at Bay Hill that Boo is exactly as everyone thinks he is. He is a genuinely good guy and very fun to be around. Everyone said he has a heart of golf.

My wife says I have a heart of golf too.

I'm kind of with paulo and TC on this one. I mean he's a breath of fresh air, but when he said things like not knowing the history of golf and that he doesn't get match play and all this I just get a little turned off by it. All in all though I do root for him and especially in the Ryder Cup, riding his driver like a horse was hilarious!

Embarassing? From the dudes Ive met, he puts on a fairly accurate image.
I kind of agree with your post paulo. On the one hand, I love his honesty and his demeanor but on the other hand, as a Southerner, he's embarrassing.

I like Boo.

I'm kind of with paulo and TC on this one. I mean he's a breath of fresh air, but when he said things like not knowing the history of golf and that he doesn't get match play and all this I just get a little turned off by it. All in all though I do root for him and especially in the Ryder Cup, riding his driver like a horse was hilarious!

It makes me wonder if he puts more of it on or if he's really that stupid.

I remember an interview where he said that golf was not his life. He would play long enough to get a good bank, then spend his time hunting and fishing with his kid. Very real. Course he will have to do a little better than he did this past week to get that "bank" but hey, at least he has the opportunity to do it.

didnt Boo miss a golf tourney once because he was coming from a hunting trip and had left some ammo in his suitcase?

hes pretty funny - when they were in town for the memorial last year they ate at my bar - he and his caddy. had several good jokes but ill be damned if i cant remember one.

I'm a Boo fan as well. I think he grew up with a natural ability to play and didn't obsess over the game like a lot of others have and that would explain his lack of knowledge.

+1, I feel the same way as TC and Paulo. I followed him at the Ryder Cup and found him endearing at times, but often embarrassing and not as respectful as I thought he maybe should have been.

I like Boo.

I hope your kidding and it just doesn't come off that way. Otherwise, that is a pretty misguided perspective. Hopefully you can spend some more time in the South and see that he isn't really representative of our people. I feel awful when I hear comments like this.

My favorite thing about the guy is his swing. Simple and effective.

Kinda like Jessica Simpson...is she really stupid or stupid ina smart way knowing it gets coverage and attention?
It makes me wonder if he puts more of it on or if he's really that stupid.

Agreed. I don't like or dislike him, pretty much a non-factor for me and my rooting injterests but when I heard that I was kinda shocked. I mean you don't have to know all the history but at least a little to be dangerous you know?

Yeah TC, I'm with you and Paulo as well. He doesn't exactly break the stereotype. I like him just from the fact that he seems approachable and is super grounded.

Thainer, you gotta get out more (especially south). Southeners don't all look like and talk like Larry the Cable Guy.

Kinda like Jessica Simpson...is she really stupid or stupid ina smart way knowing it gets coverage and attention?

Agreed. I don't like or dislike him, pretty much a non-factor for me and my rooting injterests but when I heard that I was kinda shocked. I mean you don't have to know all the history but at least a little to be dangerous you know?

According to the people I have spoken with they all say he is actually pretty smart.

larry the cable guy hahaha... ever hear him not being the cable guy... i had no idea it was just a character
maybe boo's playing a character?

Watched Boo on Morning Drive and I must say that I really like this guy. Dude shot a rattle snake that had crawled between his legs while he was sitting on the ground hunting turkey. Shot a freaking snake while it was between his legs!
He really sounds like a real guy and not all pretentious like some golfers can be.

This is not the greatest post in the world, this is just a tribute.

Well if it had been me, I would have grabbed that little critter by the head and used him for fishing bait :hungry:

I like Boo too.
Because of him, I've worn my camo Under Armour cold gear under my golf shirts a few times while playing in cooler weather. I've also got the camo Cleveland cap and camo wedges.

I will agree with Boo not representing southerners. I act nothing like Boo and hope that is not the image people get of southern people. He represents a portion of southern people, but certainly not all of them. He is blue collar through and through and there is nothing wrong with that, but Boo stands out where a well spoken southern guy who never wears camo or the like will never be mentioned as southerner. I am afraid it is just the way it goes. It is like saying that all Jersey people are like those idiots on Jersey Shore or they are all gangsters like The Soprano's.

Still does not stop me from just liking the guy although I can certainly see why he would be off putting to some people, but anybody that has lived in the deep south knows the type and there are certainly people like him around where I live.

Back