Passing of a Champion - Seve Ballesteros Passes

SPG40

Reaction score
Handicap
Last night 2:30 Spanish time Seve Ballesteros passed away. The world of golf lost a great player and Ambassador of Golf here and abroad. Today many fellow pros and friends celebrate his great career and life.We will miss him and his incredible talent of golfing.

Last edited:
I hope Seve's family celebrates the life of an imaginative, fiery competitor! I also hope they find some sort of peace in this, watching a loved one struggle with health issues is tough and exhausting.

We should all celebrate Seve's life and accomplishments. He was a grand champion and a grand person. My prayers to his family and lived ones. If you play today, take a moment for Seve, a true champion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thoughts and prayers go out to Seve's family. He was a golf legend.

Already posted in the other topic but RIP Seve, you were a true golfing great and will be sadly missed. My thoughts go out to your family and friends :(

I hope Seve's family celebrates the life of an imaginative, fiery competitor! I also hope they find some sort of peace in this, watching a loved one struggle with health issues is tough and exhausting.

Well said my friend and I pray for his family and love ones to have peace and strength.

I agree with OG, this is well said, Seve is the the definitive fiery,imaginative competitor, and everyone who was priviledged to watch him will never forget his ability to hit those shots others would not even try.
I too know how exhaustive it is as you watch loved ones struggle with health issues and my prayers to the family.

Hopefully he's in a better place. No one likes pain and suffering. Rest in Peace Seve.

Very sad day for golf around the world.

I never had the chance to really gain any insight to what he was all about, as I only ever heard about him on tv. But from the little I did know, I know that this is sad day for golf, and an even more sad day for the euros.

Very sad day for sure, I didn't root for Seve when I was growing up but he definitely was a hell of a competitor and a pure class act. He will be remembered forever.

There isn't anyone playing today that approaches his charisma at least IMHO. He had that Phil Mickelson type of creativity and short game magic with a 'what is this guy going to do next' kind of wow factor about him that made it very interesting to watch. When he was in his prime he was also as long off the tee as anyone from that era, lots of power and finesse in his game. Like Bubba he played everything with feel and great hands. I used to really like watching him play. Never really got into the Ryder Cup mania at that time but he was definitely responsible for dragging the Euros out of a major golfing funk almost single-handedly. Watching him play golf made it seem a lot cooler and a lot more fun to play golf. He wasn't the stodgy stuffed-suit type at all. Imagine if James Bond had been a pro golfer instead of a spy. The original most interesting man in the world. Need to get out and play today, in honor of Seve I will try to hit one off my knees.

This is sad to hear, he was a great competitor, golfer and ambasator of golf. He will be missed.

RIP Seve.

Sad to hear but after all the struggles I hope he is at peace. Prayers go to his family and the golf community who lost a great competitor. We should all take solace in the fact that legends do live forever and that Seve is one of them.

RIP Seve, golfing royalty, you'll be missed and are gone far too soon!

RIP seve :(

One of the greats. He made missing fairways ok. As long as you have an imagination and the ability to hit odd shots, he proved that you can still play great golf.

I always hoped we would see him one day on the Champions Tour. RIP Seve!

I appreciate how Seve made The Ryder Cup relevant. To me it is the coolest event in golf. I could only hope to play in a similar type event some day.

Kevin

RIP Seve, a true gentleman and golfing genius. At 54, still very young. I'm certain a short game clinic was held in heaven today!

Heavens Ryder Cup team just got a whole lot better. One of the greatest players of all time. Watching Faldo choke up today got me all choked up. He was a genius

I remember one of the best shots of all time aleast on my list was 84 Rydercup ? Seve was about 250 out hits a 3 wood out of a fairway bunker to save par and halve the hole , I think it was to secure a win for them Truley an amazing person and golfer , he will be missed

Seve was not just a player of the game. He embodied the true meaning of the game. His charisma is undoubtedly the best that will ever been seen in the sport. I was shocked to here that a golfer who, in my short time playing the game, I have viewed as one of the "Golf Gods" had died. He will be deeply missed, and that could be plainly seen today. RIP Seve.

Back