2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm right there with you Dan!

It's been a lot of fun.. Especially building bags and thinking to myself "how potentially useless is this effort considering they are more than likely going to have new clubs by the time I make my selections"

Awesome.

It's been a lot of fun.. Especially building bags and thinking to myself "how potentially useless is this effort considering they are more than likely going to have new clubs by the time I make my selections"

Awesome.
The bad news will come with you have a OEM and you have to say good-bye to the 3 bags you created........LOL!

Awesome.

HAHA. I thought about that too. Also, I'm just guessing on my Wood and Hybrid shafts since I haven't been fitted for them yet.

Awesome.

my favorite thing is that you always have a bag setup in your mind. Whether you have thought long and hard over it or not. But then when you get that PM that says pick your wegdes, pick your irons, pick your woods, you get that sudden feel of panic. Then once everyone posts that they have their order in you feel like you need to hurry up and get yours in.

my favorite thing is that you always have a bag setup in your mind. Whether you have thought long and hard over it or not. But then when you get that PM that says pick your wegdes, pick your irons, pick your woods, you get that sudden feel of panic. Then once everyone posts that they have their order in you feel like you need to hurry up and get yours in.
I like to think it's going to be similar to a fantasy football draft. You have your mind made up of what you are going to do, but then all of a sudden you are on the clock and are frantically trying to make the right choice.

Going to be hard to prepare for that feeling, but I'm going to be as patient as possible. This is a long process to True Blue/Caledonia and I am going to take advantage of that in order to get the bag best suited for my game.

Now, I don't intend to drag my feet, I'm just not going to panic into anything. Not this time!

I like to think it's going to be similar to a fantasy football draft. You have your mind made up of what you are going to do, but then all of a sudden you are on the clock and are frantically trying to make the right choice.

I think you are spot on with this, no wonder you are a captain!

Dan preaching patience while he has 4 bags alrady setup lol

I think you are spot on with this, no wonder you are a captain!

Dan preaching patience while he has 4 bags alrady setup lol

There's a difference between patience and preparation buddy.

it kind of is. Bridgestone did a great thing last year by giving us a spreadsheet way early in the process, like Janurary/February, showing us which shafts and grips would be offered for everything. That gave us tons of time to figure that stuff out. I thought that really helped.

Going to be hard to prepare for that feeling, but I'm going to be as patient as possible. This is a long process to True Blue/Caledonia and I am going to take advantage of that in order to get the bag best suited for my game.

Now, I don't intend to drag my feet, I'm just not going to panic into anything. Not this time!

being patient is harder than you think with this haha

I could definitely see that happening and that is a great analogy WE!

I've been trying to hold out on going to the OEMs websites over and over and over again, but I still do it. I think the real research will start when we know our sponsors. Not just looking at clubs and seeing what I think would be good, but actually doing some research on each club/shaft offering that I'm interested in. That, and getting fit will help too.

What you mean Ryan went with the Cleveland Black....crap, I thought he was going with the Classic.....great, maybe I should look at the Black now and not the Classic.....but the Classic is really nice looking.........but maybe AHHHHAAAA!

spot on for every order last year.
even the script for my name on the bag....yep

I think the guys that get the chance to play True Blue/Caladona with their current set ups with have some what of anvantage when it comes time to build a bag, but you can really base your bag around where you saw gaps and holes in your current bag.

Man, I can't even fathom the excitement that you guys are having building bags, anticipating the equipment and surprises rolling in. That is just so awesome. *sigh* something to strive for in the coming years. Not going to lie, but im sure the other entrants are finding it difficult to read through the excitement, just give us time and we'll chime in!

I think the guys that get the chance to play True Blue/Caladona with their current set ups with have some what of anvantage when it comes time to build a bag, but you can really base your bag around where you saw gaps and holes in your current bag.

True to an extent but they really are vastly different courses so you really need quite the diverse bag. I can see adjustability being the name of the game. That FW wood that you use to hit par 5's in 2 at True Blue is then used as a FW finding machine off the tee at Caladonia.

I think your right. I have a very good idea of how I need to set-up my bag and there will be changes from last year. The tech Cobra has in there new line-up will sure help some guys.

I think your right. I have a very good idea of how I need to set-up my bag and there will be changes from last year. The tech Cobra has in there new line-up will sure help some guys.

I think so too.

It is a lot of fun building a bag to take into battle for the Morgan Cup. One thing I hope everyone does is to test and research the stock shafts in the equipment. A lot of times (especially lately with these great OEMs) the shafts they put in a set of irons as stock are great shafts and afterall the OEM's R&D department (who are smarter than most of us mind you) have determined the best setup for that particular club is shaft XYZ, same with the drivers. It's fun to go crazy and order up all these custom shafts etc but at the same time what they setup as stock might be the best option for you.

Now....off my soap box. And we've got TONS of time for all these discussions anyway.

It is a lot of fun building a bag to take into battle for the Morgan Cup. One thing I hope everyone does is to test and research the stock shafts in the equipment. A lot of times (especially lately with these great OEMs) the shafts they put in a set of irons as stock are great shafts and afterall the OEM's R&D department (who are smarter than most of us mind you) have determined the best setup for that particular club is shaft XYZ, same with the drivers. It's fun to go crazy and order up all these custom shafts etc but at the same time what they setup as stock might be the best option for you.

Now....off my soap box. And we've got TONS of time for all these discussions anyway.

Excellent point Jaker. The stock offerings in the Callaway woods 2 years ago worked extremely well for me.

Easy for you to say when PXi's are the stock shaft for your likely irons. haha

Jake is wise....

Yeah I have thought about that too.....could really pay dividends to be able to "dial" in a FW at Caledonia with the tighter fairways. Or you could do what Dean and I did...just keep pulling off escape shots out of the trees hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back