2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is once it's time that the OEM's are selected, I will be reaching out to last years players that were with that OEM for anything and everything they can give me as to some insite and direction with that OEM and their experience. I want to listen, learn and ask questions!

All I know is once it's time that the OEM's are selected, I will be reaching out to last years players that were with that OEM for anything and everything they can give me as to some insite and direction with that OEM and their experience. I want to listen, learn and ask questions!

Now that is sound wisdom.

It is a lot of fun building a bag to take into battle for the Morgan Cup. One thing I hope everyone does is to test and research the stock shafts in the equipment. A lot of times (especially lately with these great OEMs) the shafts they put in a set of irons as stock are great shafts and afterall the OEM's R&D department (who are smarter than most of us mind you) have determined the best setup for that particular club is shaft XYZ, same with the drivers. It's fun to go crazy and order up all these custom shafts etc but at the same time what they setup as stock might be the best option for you.

Now....off my soap box. And we've got TONS of time for all these discussions anyway.

I really liked the stock shafts of the Callaway fairway woods last year. I was very impressed. My bag set up will be different as well. After a lot of rounds post MC, I had a wedge that I didn't use nearly as much as I had anticipated.

It is a lot of fun building a bag to take into battle for the Morgan Cup. One thing I hope everyone does is to test and research the stock shafts in the equipment. A lot of times (especially lately with these great OEMs) the shafts they put in a set of irons as stock are great shafts and afterall the OEM's R&D department (who are smarter than most of us mind you) have determined the best setup for that particular club is shaft XYZ, same with the drivers. It's fun to go crazy and order up all these custom shafts etc but at the same time what they setup as stock might be the best option for you.

Now....off my soap box. And we've got TONS of time for all these discussions anyway.

I agree dude. Not to discourage anyone from ordering what is available to them but I am glad I went stock shafts with my J40's last year. Really allowed people I know/met to try the "stock" offering and I am glad to say that it directly resulted in those same said people ordering their own J40 goodness!

I really liked the stock shafts of the Callaway fairway woods last year. I was very impressed. My bag set up will be different as well. After a lot of rounds post MC, I had a wedge that I didn't use nearly as much as I had anticipated.

This happened to me as well. Also found I would have liked something at 18*. It will be fun getting to know the Rookies games and helping them build a bag that can tackle two very different courses.

I would agree with that statement on both parts....I had no issues with the stock FW shaft the Callaway gave us last year, in fact I hit that 3W very consitantly, also the stock shafts in the wedges worked out very nice as well.

I had the same thing buddy....I put a 58* wedge in my bag because I have always carried one...but I found with alot of short game practice that I didn't use it very often and I have become very versatile with the 54* for flops and things like that.....I am considering dropping the 58* wedge and adding a 4 or 4W to the top of the bag.

My advice for the MC peeps is to not worry about the mental side. It can't really help at all. Just pound balls at the range...

It's got to be soda. Soda is way better than water...

I think Chunky is going all reverse psychology here and trying to mess with his competitor's heads already. Well played Chunk!

All of the new Cleveland gear has me really excited....I am looking forward to what they may have at the Demo Day that I am going to on Saturday.

This may have been asked asked but are all of MC 2013 sponsors releasing a new line up next year??? I know Callaway and Cleveland/Srixon are but dunno about Bridgestone and Cobra/Puma

This may have been asked asked but are all of MC 2013 sponsors releasing a new line up next year??? I know Callaway and Cleveland/Srixon are but dunno about Bridgestone and Cobra/Puma

Cobra is releasing a brand new line, The AMP Cell line, but I haven't heard if Bridgestone will. They don't always release new clubs each year so we will see what happens!

Both of our shots in this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VM6d9sy_0os
Morgan Cup Memories are never forgotten. You participants will create your own this year.

Great shots, and JB's phenomenal. Great to see that video again!

It's been a lot of fun.. Especially building bags and thinking to myself "how potentially useless is this effort considering they are more than likely going to have new clubs by the time I make my selections"

Awesome.

Oh yes, my brain spins around every time I log on to one of those websites, and yes, I also always think, but there's new stuff next year...explosion.

I talked to a golfstore dude today, he hinted that next year will be awesome for several OEM's, in the sense that they are putting out some seriously good and beautiful clubs.

This ^^ +1

From what I know now, everyone is except Bridgestone.

Cobra is releasing a brand new line, The AMP Cell line, but I haven't heard if Bridgestone will. They don't always release new clubs each year so we will see what happens!

From what I know now, everyone is except Bridgestone.

Thank you gents. Makes the equipment pondering very interesting

We have like what 5 lefties? Not an exact number, but I thought I saw several.

I am excited by what I see with Cleveland I like their Altitude irons and the 588 RTX wedge visually but real answer will come if I can hit them well. I have had issues in the past with Cleveland wedges.

I'm a lefty but a golfing righty :alien:

I'll still high five you :D

On a more interesting note, that's five guys with only three possible OEM's.

And as so many other lefties, I'm really a righty.

I'm going to practice being the banter police. Morgan Cuppers let us bring the Morgan Cup to the forum!!

I'm going to practice being the banter police. Morgan Cuppers let us bring the Morgan Cup to the forum!!

Are you gonna be the new "angry mod"

Angry Captain!!

This is strictly rumor, but the word on the street is that people might find out who their captains area relatively soon. Hmmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back