2013 Nike 20XI Golf Ball - More RZN

Honestly I've never hit a 20XI golf ball before. I want to, just haven't gotten around to it. I will definitely check one out soon though. Looking forward to seeing if they're any good.

I have to figure that with another year of research, Nike probably has figured out some of the issues. I played the originals a bit this year and had mixed results. But than again, I was not playing well. I hit some great shots with them but also some terrible shots. I do agree with the lack of iron feel. I'm not sure I would say it was like hitting a rock or was too soft. Just weird.

I bet this will be good. I only hit the 20XI-S a handful of times - loved it w/ the driver but not so much with the irons and really didn't like the "clicky" feel & loud noise off the putter.

I don't think I've ever played a Nike ball. I will try a few when they come out.

These balls don't have a chance unless Tiger or Rory start using them.

These balls don't have a chance unless Tiger or Rory start using them.

Depends what you mean by "have a chance". Have a chance to gain market share over current standing? Of course. To take over Titleist? Probably not.

I don't think I've ever played a Nike ball. I will try a few when they come out.

I really liked the One Tour D ball.

Are they going to stick with 20Xi or move to 20Xiii or 20X3 or something like that?

Dang you Scrap! I'm just going to say it anyway.

Isn't it time to change the name to 20XIII?

Dang you Scrap! I'm just going to say it anyway.

Isn't it time to change the name to 20XIII?

Hahaha I've got you covered man. I need some drastic packaging change if they keep the same name. I think golf town will leave both years balls together and sell them for the same price.

I liked the 2012 version off of everything but my wedges and putter - it felt too light. I'll give theses a try.

Anybody that will be coming to the FL Get Together on the 29th will get to try these out a couple of months before they hit stores.

That is AWESOME!

I am the biggest fan of the 20XI's. I dont know what other people thought about irons but i thought they were perfect just the way they were. The S version had the best feel off of all my clubs carried as far if not farther then anything and was maybe the spinniest ball ive ever played.

Anybody that will be coming to the FL Get Together on the 29th will get to try these out a couple of months before they hit stores.

That's a pretty sweet deal!

I am the biggest fan of the 20XI's. I dont know what other people thought about irons but i thought they were perfect just the way they were. The S version had the best feel off of all my clubs carried as far if not farther then anything and was maybe the spinniest ball ive ever played.

I really enjoyed playing with the sleeve of 20Xi-X once as well!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, that's awesome!

Can't hurt to try a sleeve...

These will get a thorough trial this weekend by THPers playing in FL.

5azy3a2e.jpg

Man, this is awesome! Thanks Nike and THP!

This is good to see, well done Nike. I'm more interested to see if they have more durability, dont care if they have more RZN

I picked up a couple of boxes when they were on 2 for 1 this summer and loved them, I found both getting more distance than any other ball I've used I just didn't like the feel of the 'X' and considering extra distance isn't a big concern of mine I started playing the 'S'. I loved the feel hitting them with everything I did find them harder to play in the wind. Easy fix, I just played Pro V1's on windy days!

One thing I was shocked about was that when they announced the new line they bought back all of the older models. I found it strange when I went into Golf Town about a week before Xmas and the entire section of the shelf was bare, I asked an employee and he was the one that told me that Nike had contacted them and credited them for every single box, even the sleeves! I'm not sure if that was just in Canada but I was confused as to why they wouldn't just mark them as older models and sell them off at a discount. I'm headed over to Dubai in January for two weeks of golf and I'll have to bring something else.

I'm interested in how these perform with the wording on the changes. Going to be interested in the results of those that get to try these out. Definitely plan to try these and the new TM balls for next year.

I played both the Tour S (front 9) & Distance X (back 9) at our Florida outing yesterday. We were all discussing after the round how they are much more durable than the 2012 model. I have to say they are both a big improvement as i was not a big fan of the prior version. On approach shots and chipping off the greens, I preferred the Tour S. Chipped a few within gimme range with a good amount of spin & check despite the fast greens.

Distance X worked well off the tee on the back 9 as I hit straighter drives. There were a few that seemed like they were going to fade off the fairway but straightened out just a bit for an FIR. Less side spin is a good friend to have with big stick.

Overall, I believe Nike got it right with the 2013 model. Durability was great and I'll definitely buy the Tour S model as enhanced short game control is most valuable to me.

Back