2013 Nike 20XI Golf Ball - More RZN

Good stuff Canes. Sounds like a solid offering in the "tour ball" category.

I also was able to test out the 2013 20XI balls at yesterdays outing. Played both the X and S versions all day. I enjoyed the limited time I spent with the 2012 version around the greens but felt they lacked in durability and everywhere else on the course.

Durability

The 2013 ball is a vast improvement over the 2012. I was able to play 1 ball for multiple holes and im sure if I didnt hit a cart path I couldve played the ball the entire round. I alternated holes between the X and the S which probably played a factor but in that I still think it was minimal and both balls seemed durable.

Feel- Driver

We had an interesting day with wind yesterday. Some holes were dead head wind, some were cross wind and some only had wimd either around the tee box and not on the green and vice versa. I got a clear distinction here with the X and S balls. As expected the X ball preformed much better when wind was a factor and the S stood out to me off the tee when there wasnt. Im a low spin low laumch player and noticed 1 or 2 drives knuckle with the X. Daabiistyle noticed my ball flight and pointed it out to me. Both felt equally good at impact and werent squishy soft off the face like the 2012 version was. For me, I would play the X ball on windy days or holes and the S on days where wind wouldnt be an issue. I will state though that all of my long drives of the day came with the X version.

Feel- Irons

Both balls felt extremely good off of the irons. With the S feeling slighlty softer but the X was no rock. Both balls had simliar high launch and penetrating flight. No clear winner hear. Both balls were great.

Short game spin

This is where the S stood out aside from the Driver. As expected with an "S" ball I noticed the S had more control and green side spin on shots around the green. More so than the X. Although the X checked well it had more roll out than the S. This to me was a true testament to Distance vs spin balls and the 2013 Nike 20xi did not provide anything different from other tour balls but kept right in line with other tour ball offerings in this category.

Feel- Putter

This was a HUGE, MASSIVE, improvement from last years ball. The 2012 ball was a "squishy" extremely soft ball off the putter face. Some have commented on thier dislike of that balls feel off the face where I actually welcomed it as I olayed a much firmer faced putter at that time but can see why others disliked it so much. Now the 2013 nike balls feel moluch more inline and "standard" off the putter face than last years model. I still think off of first impression that the TP3 ball feels slighlty sifter off the putter than these new Nike's bit its minimal. Kudos to Nike for "getting it right" this time around.

Conclusion

The new Nike 20Xi balls are a large improvement over last years model. I feel they can now compete with other tour quality balls. Although they made a large improvement in the right direction I dont think there is anything in particluar that would make them stand out over any other tour ball offerings. In fact, I think Nike finally came out with a ball that is on par with everything else on the market. This alone is something I think nike missed the mark on with the 2012 version which is why they may have pulled the 2012 from the shelves and makes the 2013 ball a solid choice in the "Tour" category

Tapping away on my S3

Last edited:
Hmmmmm, might I have to try some Nike golf balls for the first time in a couple years? I think maybe.

Good thoughts gents.

I tried both balls yesterday.

For length, the X is longer and straighter.

Feel, the X feels like a Pro v1x and the S feels like a Pro V.

Durability, very good.

Spin, about the same as their Titleist counterparts.

Sidespin, the S was way too much, the X was good.

I am going to compare the X with Pro V 1x for distance and if close will use the Nike because of durability.

I too played both the 'S' and the 'X' yesterday and I have to say I came away impressed. I think I got more out the X on the back 9 as I figured out my swing and was able to unleash on a few. I played the left tree line on all but the par threes and a long par four on the front. (Wasn't releasing the lower body) But I still was able to gleen a few pearls as I fought my swing.

The S, I believe has a compression of 113 (no standard compression as you might think) Since this is a resin my understanding is the compression is different from standard. I didn't see a lot of side to side movement, even on my pulls. Into the wind I did notice it ballooned a bit of the driver and irons.

I can't complain about the distance or the spin into the greens. Of course this is based off a few positive swings. But it was definitely a quality offering especially in the durability department.

Now the X was beast of the driver and 3W. It didn't matter into, cross or down. The ball held its lines very well. This is not say it won't balloon if you put a bad move on it, because it will and did. It was longer than the 'S' but seemed to preform the same around the greens. The Durability was not an issue with the 'X' either.

I was very satisfied with the performance of both models but preferred the pop of the X off the clubs, especially the Driver. A few more rounds and I think I can make a more definitive choice. But off of one round, it's an improvement over the last model.

hmmmm...may have to give these a try

I may try these fit a bit come golf season.

I got to play both the X and the S the last two days. This is the most Tour like quality ball I have seen from Nike since they started doing golf balls. As Lefty mentioned in post #54 I think the X is very similar in characteristics (feel and spin) as the Pro V1 X and the Nike S shares characteristics with the regular Pro V 1. I prefered the X as I normally play a lower spin ball (TMAG TP Red or Pro V1 X) It held its lines well, spin was very similar to what I was used to with what I normally play, and duribility on both models was much improved from where Nike was with this seasons balls. The S did spin more with full iron shots into greens, while I didn't see the side spin issues others have mentioned previously (thought it held its lines just as well as the X) I did seem to think it was more susceptible to ballooning in headwinds. Neither ball was a marshmellow but both were softer than I was expecting (in a good way). While it is certainly an upgrade for the Nike line (the best ball they have put on the market thus far) and it is something that they can say is a comparable to the Pro V line, I do not see myself playing with these past the two sleeves I have. IMO good ball but not good enough to get me to switch.

Nice reviews guy! I may give them a try.

I tried both balls yesterday.

For length, the X is longer and straighter.

Feel, the X feels like a Pro v1x and the S feels like a Pro V.

Durability, very good.

Spin, about the same as their Titleist counterparts.

Sidespin, the S was way too much, the X was good.

I am going to compare the X with Pro V 1x for distance and if close will use the Nike because of durability.

I took the Nike X out yesterday to test length, no loss at all over the Pro V1 X. It would be good to hit on the machine to test side spin vs the Titleist ball but they seem very similar.

Today will be a good test of the X. I get to play the first round of 2013 in very wet, cold, windy conditions. It did pretty well down in the warmer, firmer conditions in Fla. This Nike is shaping up to be a contender to become my 2013 ball (and I hated the older 20XI).

Played the 20Xi-X yesterday again for 9 Holes. This ball just bombs off of clubs. Giving up quite a bit of spin compared to the S ball around the greens but that's what I would expect with an X ball over an S ball. I actually think this ball has more distance than the ProV1x off the tee and irons but less spin around the greens.

Very glad to hear positive reviews about the new 20XI. I am really hoping that these will be a suitable replacement for the One Tour D's.

Well, here I go with my 1st review for a THP testing on the 2013 Nike 20XI RZN balls. I have no prior usage of last year's Nike 20XI versions. My gamers are usually refurbished Titleist Pro V1's to those mixed bags, you know, for economic reasons.

From my experience with testing the Nike 20XI X & S balls, the X's went bombing of my driver. I was highly impressed with the length I got during the front nine.
My iron/hybrid shots were just as impressive with the X's, if only my accuracy was more consistent. Yet, I was hole high on most of my missed greens.
On my wedge play from short to green side bunker: the X's checked up well when using my SW & LW.
Putting the X's felt very good, but I was nowhere near my usual putting prowessness, using my new SeeMore for first time and all. I was way too cautious with my putting and came up short multiple times.
As for the S's on the back nine. I'd have to say, the balls were almost the same in most aspects to the X's. Off my driver, most were straight down the fairway and slightly shy of what I got from the X's, but not much.
Off my irons/hybrids, much the same with distance a little shy. Wedge play worked well from chips, chutts, pitches and bunker shots.
Again putting was the same here. Working with my new putter didn't panned out, but the S's felt good coming off the insert face and rolled as true as I've ever seen. Add this to the X's too.
Durability for both the X & S models were much the same. Slight scuffing and abrasive marking, but I still played 'em out.
My final thoughts on the Nike 20XI RZN X & S models is that they are probably the best balls I've ever played. If I didn't have a 2 month layoff & had my game going before this Get-together, I'm sure my review would be this: Mind blown! But the Nike 2013 20XI RZN balls leave with: Keep these in mind..for when the season re-opens and blow the minds of my playing partner(s). Shhhh...let's keep this between ourselves.

The ball got its first win yesterday as Henley had switched to the 2013 version.

Are they out yet?

On course testing: Nike 20xi-X - 2/6/13

Conditions: Temperature: Low 58-64, Wind 16-22 MPH, cold breezy conditions

Played 18 holes at Rancho Maria GC. I’m very impressed overall with this ball. I'll give a basic run-town of the back 9

Driving:

Today was a good day to be hitting a draw since the wind was left to right but unfortunately I'm stuck with a cut...oh well ball can't change that. That said I was finding the fairway on all 7 holes. Driver on 2/3 par 5s and 1/4 par 4s 3-W on the others. Thoughts so far off the driver are:

- I can safely say that I do get =/+ distance with the 20xi-X than my Penta TP. Not a hugh gain but noticeable. Plus when a cut turns into a slice less slice!

- The feel and sound of the 20xi-X off the driver is similar to the Penta TP but with a bit more "crispness" on the strike (which I like!).

Iron Play: I continue to have good results off the irons with the 20xi-X with acceptable holding spin (for me) with my new Nike VR_S irons. Wedges typically are hop and stop with about 3-5 feet of roll out (no back up). Irons roll out 5-8 feet. Again decently struck irons were rewarded with a nice feel and a nice mid-high ball flight. I think (not sure just yet) but my trajectory is a bit lower (which is what I'm looking for) with the 20xi-X than with my Penta TPs.

Short Game/Putting: Here is where I love this ball. My putting has been as good as it gets with the 20xi-X. I enjoy the slight click (less than the 2012 20xi-X) which lets me know if I put a good hit on the ball and the speed control is as easy as it gets.
Getting to the green is also enjoyable. I have all my chipping and 100 yds in dialed to perfection with this ball. I don't back anything up (never did) but knowing my yardages and the swing/contact needed resulted in what the dr ordered with the 20xi-X

etc: Not sure if I'm just in a nice groove with my swing right now , but I hit my TM RBZ Rescue 3 Hybrid 3 times on the back 9 and each time I was almost 15 yards past my normal carry plus roll. Example on the 408 yard par 4 #16 I hit 3-W to 197 to ctr to a back pin location. I hit the 3H watched it carry to the center rt of the green and rolled to the back of the green where I had to chip back up to the pin! Yes the wind was with me but 197 carry? Club likes Ball like yardage!

Can't help but wonder what the spinnier 2013 20xi would be like.
FYI I have attached a file of the ball I used on the back 9. Hmmmm I don't spin the ball back with my wedges but apparently I did make an impression? Durability issue?

Nice write up. The more I play this ball the more I enjoy it. Shouldve snagged a few more sleeves for testing! ;)

Curious now to see how this ball plays against there new MORE RZN 29.99 price point ball.

Tapping away on my S3

Well I gave a ball to one my friends that lives and dies by prov1. He drives on every hole were a good 15-20 yards farther. By the end of the day we were going on base so he could get a couple dozen with my military discount. Love the tech that Nike has done this year with balls.

I got one of each a while ago from a buddy and liked them both, may need to get some more and give them a shot. I will say that they have a ton of outstanding competition this year though.

How much of a discount do you get on base other than it being tax free? I know here there prices are maybe $1-2 cheaper per dozen but the selection isn't as good.

May have to try the 2013 20XI-X , I know the previous model was shorter than my prov1-x.

I think the new ones say 2013 on the box

It will say 2x more rzn on the packaging. Example

41-CLj81uqL.jpg

It will say 2x more rzn on the packaging. Example

41-CLj81uqL.jpg

Makes sense. Unfortunately Amazon images don't always match what you actually order. On the flipside, returns are so easy with Amazon Prime that it's pretty simple if they are the older ones.

Back