Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

this makes me wish I paid more attention on the forum. I would have loved to have hit those.

You can swing mine with the Tour's at the NC outing bro and see what you think. I'd like to hit the PX too and see the difference!

this makes me wish I paid more attention on the forum. I would have loved to have hit those.

that made me ChunkySnort

Florida is only like a 20 hour drive...

It was interesting hitting Seth's with the PX phone poles (6.5) in them. I actually had some decent results on the few shots I hit with them, but I know those arent for me.

Just a quick drive. Seth's PX Poles were no good for me.

They need to sell for for that to happen. According to Josh from Bridgestone. But they do have some good ideas for the future

Oh I know. Hey people, buy some J40s!

sweet, I will do that!

ahhh, I knew that. haha. maybe I just have short term memory.
You got a lot on your mind dude.

You got a lot on your mind dude.
true that!

dudes, these J40's are such a sweet club, I honestly think its one of the best things I can take from TMC equipment wise. I bought the 38's to prep for TMC and fell in love, and the 40's seem to have that little bit of added forgiveness. along with the closed cavity.

The best thing you did was to purchase the 38's to prep with. I think they helped you with your confidence and made that transition so easy! I would have these irons in a hot minute. I know I say it a lot but it's true. Just look at them. So wicked!

The best thing you did was to purchase the 38's to prep with. I think they helped you with your confidence and made that transition so easy! I would have these irons in a hot minute. I know I say it a lot but it's true. Just look at them. So wicked!

It's scary what you would do with these irons. If I'm going pin hunting with them I can't even imagine what you'd do man. They NEED to make these in left handed!!

I think I may be a full on Bstone homer

One day I'll have a set of J50's. I firmly believe that. You guys keep spreading the good word for me!

One day I'll have a set of J50's. I firmly believe that. You guys keep spreading the good word for me!

I hope I do too! That'd be awesome!

With the right shafts even I could hit these clubs well. I really should have tried Ryan's with the tour 90's, I think those would have been awesome, maybe even better than Bullfrog's graphite 5.5's.

I completely agree! bridgestone is a first class company and with growth means more options. I love it. some of the questions the rep was asking us was very intriguing.

Glad to know I'm not the only one seeing some distance loss at the range then. I wasn't depressed with the distances but it wasn't what I was expecting. I'll have some on course numbers after this weekend to report.

Hester are you lofts standard? Also take at least 10% off for range balls.

Hester are you lofts standard? Also take at least 10% off for range balls.

+1 strong Freddie. I thought about going +2 but didn't see much reason to. They are just a tad big stronger than my Mizunos and a tad weaker than the RBZ's I tested.

On my DPCs I went 1 degree strong on 7-PW so as to more closely resemble the lofts that I had been used to playing. I did not notice any major distance loss. I was hitting the ball slightly higher though, so I went with a bit stiffer shaft to place the flight at a height that I preferred. I love the flight with these clubs.

I completely agree! bridgestone is a first class company and with growth means more options. I love it. some of the questions the rep was asking us was very intriguing.
Yeah dude, the Bstone rep was awesome! Loved sitting there chatting with him. Very knowledgeable, but also very interested in the consumer opinion.

+1 strong Freddie. I thought about going +2 but didn't see much reason to. They are just a tad big stronger than my Mizunos and a tad weaker than the RBZ's I tested.

I went +2 and I am seeing great height but can't tell if I lost any distance. Like all new clubs, the ball is jumping off the face.

Yeah dude, the Bstone rep was awesome! Loved sitting there chatting with him. Very knowledgeable, but also very interested in the consumer opinion.

would loved to have been a fly on the wall.

You can swing mine with the Tour's at the NC outing bro and see what you think. I'd like to hit the PX too and see the difference!

i'll be watching closely at the outing, i don't know anyone with the new B-Stones, so like to see them in action.

I went +2 and I am seeing great height but can't tell if I lost any distance. Like all new clubs, the ball is jumping off the face.

Wow dude just saw you made a switch. I can't wait til you get comfy with these I'm really liking these.

i'll be watching closely at the outing, i don't know anyone with the new B-Stones, so like to see them in action.

Anybody there is welcome to swing mine!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Wow dude just saw you made a switch. I can't wait til you get comfy with these I'm really liking these.

Trying for at least three rounds before 18th.

Freddie, just out of pure curiosity do you know what range of distances you're seeing so far. Just in the ballpark if you don't mind.

I was hitting some Bridgestone Demos at the range yesterday and had a largely positive response to them. One negative I did notice. The PW for the DPC's has got to be the ugliest iron at address I've ever seen. I don't know what it was about it but it was just plain uncomfortable to stand over. Easy fix...CB.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Back