Cleveland Classic Driver

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Found a couple pics this morning of a new driver from Cleveland that some Tour pros will be putting into play this week. Supposedly, it's going to be called the Cleveland Classic and will be available next spring. I want to know more!

20110823.jpg

20110824.jpg

Some pics posted by GMAC on Twitter today:

7fb6debb6be55f72d108a34f0887ea84_view.jpg
4a2dc3c0ec95808b48b5074ae53bf69d_view.jpg
large.jpg
54c5b05812a5a753528022051e5c0617_view.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. I really like the old school look of that. Cleveland bringing it again!

That is an interesting design indeed. Classic badge for weighting? I notice they're in the 'ultralight' series too - wonder if they're similar to the XL270, 290 clubs?

• Staff
That is an interesting design indeed. Classic badge for weighting? I notice they're in the 'ultralight' series too - wonder if they're similar to the XL270, 290 clubs?

I noticed that too.

Not really a fan of the sole at all. I think equipment design and aesthetics have evolved over time for a reason. It's a shame that Cleveland didn't embrace this with their 588 wedge relaunch'ing.

I have a sneaky suspicion that when everybody sees the rest of this driver, that their jaws drop a little.

That's a good looking club. Cleveland definitely going retro with these and 588s.

Tapatalk

I wanna know how many CC's this classic will be. With everything running 430 to 460, dare they put out a sub 400 CC driver?

Tappin' from my iPad!

I appreciate the old school look they went with here, and like the look of it, but personally want something that has something that has a cleaner look.

With that said, if it improves my tee game, who cares what it looks like.

I'm thinking that this driver would look much better in person.

I can't wait to see the crown. I'm kind of liking the retro design.

John Deere Tap'n...

I have a sneaky suspicion that when everybody sees the rest of this driver, that their jaws drop a little.

Wow, now I want to see the rest of this driver really, really bad.

With all that Cleveland is putting out right now, I am really looking forward to hearing more details about this club and how it performs.

I am not a fan of the sole. Looks like it could be fairly deep though. I like that!

EDIT: I really love the classic shape of the driver.

I don't think it is that flashy, but it looks like it could hit a great drive. If the top view looks nice, I think I could like it.

That would make it pretty toe heavy though. I think it might just be a badge.

I like the looks of this driver. Almost looks like there is a little indentation around the bottom of it

I wanna know how many CC's this classic will be. With everything running 430 to 460, dare they put out a sub 400 CC driver?

Tappin' from my iPad!

Maybe a 380 driver? That would be interesting!

That would make it pretty toe heavy though. I think it might just be a badge.

I like the looks of this driver. Almost looks like there is a little indentation around the bottom of it

Yeah I guess. I wrote that bit before noticing it was such a lightweight driver. Not much room for weighting if the whole thing is coming in at 270g!

Interesting..... I'm not sure what to think really. I wonder what the head looks like at address. The sole is different to me. Do we know what shaft?

Interesting..... I'm not sure what to think really. I wonder what the head looks like at address. The sole is different to me. Do we know what shaft?

I could take a stab at the brand! hehe.

Im not sure if thats gawd awful ugly or cool in a retro kinda way. Retro look with ultralight technology. Guess I need to see more.

I don't know how it would all work, but I'd love to see these with the Kusala shafts.

I don't know how it would all work, but I'd love to see these with the Kusala shafts.

Ohh Me too! I am a fan of retro designs throughout (not just golf). It reminds me of simpler times and if companies can pull that off without a sacrifice in tech, I am all for it. But adding a Kusala would be pretty darn cool. White for me please...hehe

Back