Do you believe in miracles?

tomahawk18

Waiting for some sun!?
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.6
As many of you know, my wife beat cancer last year as a result of a molar pregnancy. It is very rare, and left us with the prospect of potentially never being able to have children after the 27 weeks of chemo. She was healthy again, but health came at a price.

(A group of us around here rocked mohawks for months supporting Milissa. For those of you that supported us through my venting thread here at THP, (too many to mention), a big thanks for your thoughts and prayers. For those who missed it and are curious, here is the thread)

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?19709-Mohawks-THP-and-the-quot-C-quot-word&highlight=mohawks

It has been trying to say the least. Not only was there the prospect of infertility, but also an increased risk of another molar pregnancy. This made our decision to try again even more difficult. I was nervous for her because of the health risks. She was pulled in many directions. She really wanted to be a Mom, but the risks made the decision so hard. Milissa ultimately decided to let nature decide. I supported the decision and 5 months ago we started.

All of this brings us to three weeks ago. She had a feeling, so she took the home test. It came back positive! For us, this can be good or bad. Cautious optimism! The molar pregnancy would show the same. The only way to be sure this was a viable pregnancy was an ultrasound. We called the Doc and scheduled and appt. It was for 8 days later so we had an agonizing wait. Was she really pregnant? Was she at risk? Oh man.

Long story long... Milissa is pregnant!! Really pregnant. 9 weeks. It is a bit of a miracle. Our odds were very low. It is obviously early so we are not out of the woods, but all signs are great. We saw the heartbeat, and all blood work and measurements are perfect. She is very high risk, so the testing she is going through is much more stringent than normal. But for now all is good, and we have our own little miracle. If all goes well, (praying), our little miracle will arrive in late May.

This is so cool and great for you guys. Congrats man, super stoked for you and the wife!!

Couldnt be happier for you guys. God bless.

That's awesome guys! So happy for you.

TomHawk this is absolutely super duper news and yes I do believe in miracles. I had a few happen for me in the last couple of months! Life is good brother no matter how bad it can get. Congratulations to you and the wife :clapp:

YAY! You guys have been through so much and you are so deserving of this! Best of luck to you and Milissa!

Yes I do believe in miracles!! That is awesome and i'm sure that tons of people on here will be sending prayers your way for you guys to go full term with no problems. Keep the updates coming and hopefully all will go well for you and Millissa!! That is really really good news.

Congrats TH! I know it has been a rough couple of years for you two. I'm very happy for you both.

I beleive in miracles, since you came along...Congrats! Very good news!

That's an awesome little story, TH. I wish you guys the best!

I do....and this is yet another big one for you and your family! Congrats and enjoy this process!

Such a great miracle! How blessed you guys are. Isn't it amazing how much has happened over the past years.

Awesome news!!! The wife and I have struggled with cervical cancer and fertility issues too. It is a hard, emotional road. So glad everything has worked out for you both.

Yup got teary eyed reading that. So happy for both of you!!

Congratulations!

Congrats, great news!

This is really awesome man. We are 6 months along, and it has been fun (for me) so far. Keeping you guys in our thoughts, keep us updated.

Congrats Tomahawk. What a blessing

Awesome! Cherish it and praying for a healthy future for your family

Congrats!! Thats awesome!

Congrats TH, I am extremely happy for both of you. This is just wonderful news!

Great to read man, faith is a powerful thing.

As many of you know, my wife beat cancer last year as a result of a molar pregnancy. It is very rare, and left us with the prospect of potentially never being able to have children after the 27 weeks of chemo. She was healthy again, but health came at a price.

(A group of us around here rocked mohawks for months supporting Milissa. For those of you that supported us through my venting thread here at THP, (too many to mention), a big thanks for your thoughts and prayers. For those who missed it and are curious, here is the thread)

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?19709-Mohawks-THP-and-the-quot-C-quot-word&highlight=mohawks

It has been trying to say the least. Not only was there the prospect of infertility, but also an increased risk of another molar pregnancy. This made our decision to try again even more difficult. I was nervous for her because of the health risks. She was pulled in many directions. She really wanted to be a Mom, but the risks made the decision so hard. Milissa ultimately decided to let nature decide. I supported the decision and 5 months ago we started.

All of this brings us to three weeks ago. She had a feeling, so she took the home test. It came back positive! For us, this can be good or bad. Cautious optimism! The molar pregnancy would show the same. The only way to be sure this was a viable pregnancy was an ultrasound. We called the Doc and scheduled and appt. It was for 8 days later so we had an agonizing wait. Was she really pregnant? Was she at risk? Oh man.

Long story long... Milissa is pregnant!! Really pregnant. 9 weeks. It is a bit of a miracle. Our odds were very low. It is obviously early so we are not out of the woods, but all signs are great. We saw the heartbeat, and all blood work and measurements are perfect. She is very high risk, so the testing she is going through is much more stringent than normal. But for now all is good, and we have our own little miracle. If all goes well, (praying), our little miracle will arrive in late May.

OH RIGHT ON TOMAHAWK!!!! Full caps for awesomeness. I am so excited for you two!

this is awesome news.

Im a big believer in miracles and a higher being, will be praying for success with the pregnancy for your family

yes Tomahawk, I do believe in miracles and I'm so happy for you, I remember going through the original C word thread a while ago and I understand how painful cancer can be, one of my friends lost his daughter to breast cancer 4 years ago, I lost my grandmother to Cervical cancer 2 years ago and my girlfriend just lost her grandfather to cancer 5 months ago. Cancer sucks but miracles happen man and I am so thankful for you and your wife!! I've seen some crazy miracles in my life and yours is also a real miracle man!!

Back