Sprinta

Reaction score
Handicap
Hello board. Saw a twitter post from Taylor-made about this bulletin board, so I took a look. Looks very interesting. looking forward to finding value in your collective wisdom.

Started golfing again 2 years ago after 20 years without swinging a club. I played a lot as a kid and was down to a 4 in highschool, now I'm working to get my game back after the long break, regaining the flexibility of youth and adjusting my game to the reduction of left-arm flexion from an old elbow fracture from a biking accident about 10 years ago. Fighting to be about a 14 now. Didn't break 80 this year, but was within a shot several times. I hope to be back in the 70's regularly next year with more iron & chipping consistency. Love spending time on the range and around the practice green. Easier for me in my job to spend an hour or so several times a week at the course vs. the 4-5 hours needed for a round.

As for clubs, 2 years ago I grabbed a set of Powerbilt blades which at the time I didn't realize were 1.5" longer, so struggled a bit with 3-6 irons. Ditched those and found a deal on some game improvement Cobra SZ irons early in the season last year. A bit too much draw biased, but workable. A couple of Cleveland CG 15 wedges along with a heavy Tigershark mallet putter with a fat grip (I use a reverse grip) round out the set.

Off the tee I use a 2009 TM 10.5deg Burner Driver, with Tour-Lock Pro shaft weighting which has tightened up my driver flight and giving me a very workable and consistent high draw off the tee. With my flexibility back and my driver swing speed now between 105 and 110, I will likely go to a 9.5deg driver next purchase. I decided to forego a 3wood and bought a matching burner 3 hybrid which is easily my most inconsistent club. Can't seem to rely on it to save my life. Sometimes flies a beautiful straight to slight draw about 230, other times CRAZY hook.

Started my 2 boys (11 & 9) golfing this past summer as well, so I'm looking forward to their progress over the next several years.

Oh, using an alias just for the sake of keeping my name off web searches for professional reasons
Hope that's enough!

Welcome, its great you decided to get back golfing after so much time away from it.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to the forum - nice intro!

Tappin' from CM's iPad!

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome to paradise, nice work on getting your boys started in golf, enjoy your rounds with them.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Steel Tappin'

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the greatest place for golfers on the web.

Hello board. Saw a twitter post from Taylor-made about this bulletin board, so I took a look. Looks very interesting. looking forward to finding value in your collective wisdom . . .

. . . Oh, using an alias just for the sake of keeping my name off web searches for professional reasons
Hope that's enough!
I can't believe people use an alias on here! I use my real name. hahaha

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP. Glade you found us!

Welcome!

Sent from my DROIDX

Welcome!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Welcome to THP Sprinta, glad you decided to join in.

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP

Welcome aboard

Welcome to the forum!

Back