How does you significant other feel about golf...and the time you spend on it?

My wife fully supports my golf obsession. We're both pretty independent and she likes doing things I couldn't be bothered doing.

She's also a golfer, just nowhere near as serious or as frequent as I like it to be.

My fiance has no problem with me playing golf or going to the range once I promise not to talk to strangers.....

She will be getting her own set of clubs soon and it will mean more range and golf together

My wife has been playing her hole life. And if anything thing she may regret getting me in to this game last year. She didn't expect me to like it so much.
Here she is this past sunday

Tappin from GS3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1345566408757.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1345566408757.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
Just curious how your partner feels about golf. Does he/she play as well (and if so do you play together often)? Are they happy you've found something you really enjoy or do they resent the time you spent on it?

My wife couldn't care less about golf but she is happy that I found something I really enjoy and she has her own interests to keep her busy (yoga for one, about which I am as indifferent as she is about golf), so she is happy enough for me swing away (I guess the fact that we don't have kids yet also means that we have plenty of free time to spare).

Just wondered how many couples play together and how rare of common the stereotypical annoyed "golf widow" (be it man or woman) actually is?

My wife does not play but supports my habit. She has rode all over the country in search of golf courses to drop me off. She then finds thrift stores or flea markets to kill time until the pickup time. Sometimes she will ride along in a cart with me or stay at the club house and read a book while I play if the course is isolated.

My wife fully supports my golf obsession. We're both pretty independent and she likes doing things I couldn't be bothered doing.

She's also a golfer, just nowhere near as serious or as frequent as I like it to be.

She is pretty good at hockey too. Still laugh at her falling in the basement..haha

I am in the same boat as Chunky. My wife doesnt mind me playing but it is all about the money. She is unemployed right now and we have a newborn. I have played golf once in 2 months. Shockingly enough, I am actually okay with it for now. I am having fun with the baby. Hopefully my wife will be getting a job offer next week so this will change. September hopefully will be golf filled for me.

My fiance has always been very supportive of me playing golf. She doesnt play golf and really has interest in it. Shes never been resentful of how much time I devote to golf and as long as we have enough money to pay the bills and go out on the weekends, she doesnt say much about how much money I spend on golf.
Honestly, if she were ever resentful towards golf, our relationship would be over. Golf is a very important part of my life. I go to work 5 days out of the week and do a very demanding job, so I deserve to spend some of my free time and expendable income on something that I enjoy.

I love when JB goes and plays golf. Since we live together and work together, it's a nice 4 hour break for a little 'me' time.

My wife doesn't golf, but is interested in starting to... I am afraid it will be a difficult balance of golf with wife vs golf with the guys if she ever does actually get into golf. Funny enough, her favorite color is pink, its really all she wears.... but she thinks pink golf clubs look tacky.

She has no problem with me golfing (aside from the money I spend), because it is exercise, and something for me to do while she is teaching her classes during the evenings or on weekend mornings.

I love when JB goes and plays golf. Since we live together and work together, it's a nice 4 hour break for a little 'me' time.

It takes him 4 hours to play golf? or is that 2 rounds?

My wife doesn't have a problem with golf per se but the time allocation in particular is an aspect that has to be managed very carefully, as we have two very active young kids. It is a definite challenge.

My wife doesn't like golf, but understands I love it. It's like my version of girls nights, mani/pedi, etc.

I'm pretty lucky, my girlfriend not only has no problem with my golfing habits, but enjoys joining me once in a while. She's actually rather good for only playing 4-5 times per year. She usually breaks 100.

She also keeps my in tack and talks me out of spending all of my money on golf clubs. She never argues or tries to manipulate, just makes me think before buying

Sent from my HTC One X

My wife fully supports me playing. Granted it took her a trip to the THP Demo Day weekend back in May and then the Morgan Cup in July but now she fully understands not only my desire to play golf but also my relationship with relationship/addiction to THP.

Luckily, I supported her in her desire earlier this year to become a yoga instructor which was not cheap, so we both have our "things".

My wife is okay with it every few weeks but I have given up hockey for the time being because it takes up too much time She doesn't know anyone up here and can't work so I like to try and keep her entertained until immigration for her is complete.

4 hours? He must be stuck behind a slow group then hehe

It takes him 4 hours to play golf? or is that 2 rounds?

That's from the minute he leaves until he returns. Figure get there 30+ minutes early to hit balls, but however long it takes to drive there and back, and usually a drink or lunch after. So that gives me about 4 hours.

That's from the minute he leaves until he returns. Figure get there 30+ minutes early to hit balls, but however long it takes to drive there and back, and usually a drink or lunch after. So that gives me about 4 hours.

I don't like when you bring logic in to the discussion

Erica supports me having a hobby and doing something active, but I do sense she that the time I spend on golf related things can annoy her at times. It's a balancing act that I've gotten pretty good at. That being said, we both have our interests and allow each other to pursue them happily. I think it's unhealthy to stifle people from their passions and we talked about that very thing early on when we started dating. Gotta have your 'me time'.

Don't have one of those anymore, lol

And golf is one of the reason she gave as to why.....I think I made the right choice :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think OG is very happy that I play. I'm sure he gets annoyed with me since taking lessons because I will sometimes try to "help" him when he's having problems. LOL I try hard not to ever say anything but it's hard for both of us when the other one is struggling.

As for how I feel about him playing. I love that he has a healthy hobby and I enjoy getting out on the course with him from time to time. We've made a lot of friends through golf and it has made our relationship a lot of fun. I will admit there have been times where I wished he didn't play SO much though.

My wife is awesome. She loves that I have a legal hobby where I can get my guy time and dont get arrested. No, she doesnt like 36 hole benders on the weekend, but she doesnt mind me playing & practicing 1-2 times a week. She even likes watching golf (easy to nap to), likes riding along while I play during the evenings, and enjoys playing in some BS couples events.

(So she doesnt know how often I ho clubs, thats between me and PayPal.)

I can say I know ddec loves that I play. One because he has a built in playing partner and two because I understand why he loves it so much. This is coming from someone who swore she would never play or understand the game.

Back