Important THP Reader Info - Blind9Golf

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
I want to start by saying this is a post I am not happy about making, but feel the need to do so because it impacts the wonderful members of our site. About 2 years ago, THP introduced you to Blind9Golf. It was a partnership created because we felt like they could give THP'ers hands on attention and the best customer service around. Since we have always been about transparency, I also would not be able to type this without saying that the partnership benefited both parties. Blind9 paid for an advertisement on THP and in return we gave them access to the forum so they could have a one-on-one interaction with the THP forum members and offer their great customer service and pricing to each and every one of you.

JB and I believe that customer service is the most important thing in the world and wanted to make sure that any partnership we had with a company was created with our members in mind and ensuring that our readers received the best customer service possible, and at the time Blind9 offered just that. They were on the forums returning emails and private messages from readers and they were always there to help people here find some great stuff at wonderful prices.

Sadly, about 6 months ago that changed. We started getting emails from readers about not hearing back from them, no return phone calls, emails and/or private messages. Then Blind9 made an appearance on the forum to make a statement about a member not paying for an item. Sadly, they are not practicing what they are preaching. The last straw came recently when 3 times in the last 5 days, people have been struggling to get in touch with the store, in some cases on items that they have already purchased, but have yet to receive the item.

This is not the type of business we want THP to be affiliated with, because if we cannot believe in a company, then we will not stand behind them, and unfortunately we have reached that point with Blind9. We have attempted to contact them about the remainder of their partnership by all methods possible, including a certified letter which was refused, and we have not received any response back. At this point, we are officially terminating our partnership with them and while normally this is something that would never be brought to the forum, we wanted our members and readers to know because it does have impact on everybody that has worked with them and/or is currently working with them.

One positive thing we can take away from this is that THP will be even more stringent in our criteria when selecting companies to partner with, and we will always make sure to have our readers and forum members best interest when making that selection in the future.

well...sucks it went this direction but I think it was definitely needed...if they cant hold their end of the bargain then its only fair.

This is a bummer all the way around, but hopefully it will be a learning experience that will pay dividends in the future.

GG/JB,
While it saddens me to hear this, I applaud you 2 for making this difficult decision for the betterment of the site and the THP family.

It really is a shame to hear things going down that road, but I believe you two have the best interest of the THP members and site at the forefront of your intentions.

I can't wait to see what the future holds.

Thanks for posting that. Hate to see a good thing end like that but sounds like it was for the best interest of THP and it's members.

Excited to see what door this opens for the future.

Love the transparency here, thanks for keeping us in the loop.

This is a sadface indeed. I always had good interactions with them, but apparently not so much recently. Thank you THP for only standing behind upstanding partners.

Good looking out.

I remember calling them at least half a dozen times, without a return call when I was purchasing a new iron set. I went to another vendor, but was shocked at the lack of response with all the high regards ppl have given them here.

Truthfully, I am mad at myself for even letting it get this far. We should have taken action sooner when we first started to receive complaints. I take full responsibility for that. I always try to see the good in people, and believe there is always a good reason why someone wouldn't be responding to emails, phone calls etc...but after months of complaints from members I should have known better and stopped it sooner.

I never like to make these things public, but I know there are quite a few people still waiting on orders from them so I felt it was important to put this out there for everyone. Thanks for your understanding.

it happens...
in the end, you gotta do what's best for THP and cut bad ties, no matter if they were good at one point in time.

I had sent a request, but never heard back. Didn't mention it because I thought it was an anomoly. Too bad...

Thanks for giving us an update, you guys are always looking out for our best interest. Customer Service is what defines a company, and when that is lost, there is little left to grasp on to.

I guess this kind of sucks, though I've never once had a good interaction with B9. I've contacted them about several items in the past few months, and have eventually gone elsewhere after not hearing back. Glad to see THP is going in a new direction.

That sucks but i guess stuff like this happens. I am glad THP stayed on top of it and handled it properly IMO. and i def appreciate you keeping everyone in the know on what happened so other members don't go and have issues down the road. i know i have dealt with them a few times and have had very mixed results.

Thanks for letting us know what is going on GG and being honest about it all.

This is sad to hear. I had a great experience working with Patty at Blind9 when I purchased my Bettinardi putter. I have read of many great experiences with Blind9 on here, but when you start having enough bad experiences I can see why this needs to happen. I wish Blind9 the best, and hopefully they can get their customer service in order.

This saddens me to hear, but I applaud THP for taking a stand that protects us as consumers from possibly making a mistaken purchase.

Well this is bad but atleast it was caught now rather then even further. I know I only dealt with them once and while I received the wrong stuff and was later fixed, the price at the time was still excellent. Otherwise this is saddening but something that needed to happen

Thanks for letting us know GG. It's unfortunate that the partnership didn't work out but it seems like it was a move THP had to make. You guys are always looking out for our best interest and it is greatly appreciated. I had planned on using them for my next shaft (I heard they had good prices on Miyazaki shafts) so I am glad you announced this because you probably saved me a lot of time and aggravation.

Well this is a sad day. At the 2011 outing I spent a lot of time with them in the airports and really came to like them as people. While that will not change, I completely understand this move for THP.

I really like the transparency here. Good for you guys for ending the partnership with a company who wasn't living up to THP's great standards.

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

I know this wasn't easy. I had positive experiences with them up until this last session with my DPCs. I hope they fulfill their obligations but sadly fear some of us will be on the short end along with THP. No one wins in this kind of situation.

THP did an excellent job and should old it's head high. You can't control the action or lack of action, of everyone. We live and learn.

Too bad. I almost ordered my i20's from them but I had a gut feeling it wasn't the best option.

Back