KBS Tour 90 Shafts Review - Forum Testing

Wow! Can we get those videos in a thread of their own and sticky it in the club building forum? That was an insanely kind gesture Freddie, and documenting it for all of us to enjoy made it even better.

War you've got some drop dead awesome looking irons dude. Is it Tuesday yet?

They look even better in person brother. These will be dropped at FedEx tonight and delivered to you on Tuesday. Glad I could help.

Awesome work Freddie and a really nice gesture. Those look sharp WE. You will certainly get some attention on the course with that setup.

WE, I am looking forward to your opinion of these shafts. I have them in my irons and I really like them.

Excellent write up WE and video's Tadashi, quite nice to see the process done like that. Looking forward to the findings on the irons from ya'll too.

Paint fill everything the same green WE. Are you planning on putting the KBS stickers on or are you leaving them off?

Paint fill everything the same green WE. Are you planning on putting the KBS stickers on or are you leaving them off?

BOO to this. Let the J40's stay sleek and sessy on their own as the ferrules and grips will make it pop plenty.

WE and Freddie, that was seriously one of the most kick ass testing posts I've read. So very freaking cool and well documented. Awesome stuff!!!!

I will be putting the KBS stickers on the shafts. Also, Im not a big paint fill person, like the sleek look the J40s have to them now.
BOO to this. Let the J40's stay sleek and sessy on their own as the ferrules and grips will make it pop plenty.

WE and Freddie, that was seriously one of the most kick ass testing posts I've read. So very freaking cool and well documented. Awesome stuff!!!!
Exactly what I was thinking when I went with this setup, Jman. Also, I appreciate the compliments, hoping the videos are helpful for some, but also when testing shafts and pondering new shafts this is a large part of the process.

Great stuff Freddie and Ryan! Those clubs look clean! I will be taking my clubs to my local guy after my Tuesday night league. I can't wait! I would have gladly paid Freddie to do my clubs!

Awesome stuff, guys!!!! Great videos of the process, and those irons are sessy.

I also have to thank Freddie as he also offered his services to me as well. While I won't have him film the process (perhaps the final product), The THP Pure Grips and ferrules have been ordered and should be on their way to Freddie. The shafts, irons and wedges will be out tomorrow to Freddie as well. Can't wait for these to get finished!

I agree with this ^^^ !! I need to go back and re-watch the vids.

Awesome post W.Eagle.
Ingenious idea to document the whole re-shafting process.
Who better than tadashi to guide everyone through this step by step.
Freddie makes it look so easy and your color selection is vivid.
Great instructional video Freddie.
WE Looking forward to your testing and all the other testers to educate all about the KBS 90 Tour Shaft.

War Eagle great start on the testing process. Enjoyed the videos and pictures you guys made. Cool of Tadashi to do that , looking forward to your thoughts moving forward.

I entertained the idea of watching that on my phone, but I think I'll wait until later. Great idea, WE.

My irons are currently being reshafted, and are almost ready to go. I should have them by Tuesday/Wednesday, and should be able to have them in play Wednesday evening for my league.

Sweet bro. I am glad to see that they got to you so quickly. I can't wait to hear what you think.

Thats awesome, thanks for sharing that WE, and what a great gesture by Freddie to do that for you!

Absolutely. But that is just who Freddie is, and he proves it time and again.

Got these back today, and they are reshafted and ready to go. Hoping this Tropical Storm clears out tonight and league is on for tomorrow night so I can get these out on the course.

ad4ebdc8-350e-aaf7.jpg

Woohoo! Those look sexy. Mine are en route to Freddie, should be back to me by the beginning of next week...or earlier, a birdie just told me.

Need more pictures. They look fantastic WE!

I've got the regular flex versions of these shafts made for Taylormade. I'm hitting the ball farther and more consistently than I ever have. I absolutely love my R11 irons, and I think the shaft and head combo is terrific. But I'd have very little idea how to coherently explain what I'm feeling/seeing in a review thread of these shafts, so I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone explains them and I admire the courage of all the testers. This is gong to be a blast.

Yikes, am I ever behind! Glad to see everyone getting their shafts and putting Freddie to work (literally).

War Eagle - stoked that you are able to get them into play so quickly. Impressive stuff Freddie!! Kudos to you buddy.

Just got through the videos of the installation. Thanks from documenting the process. I need to give this a try. Well done Freddie!

Putting the 90s in WE DPC made me want to get the same setup. I'm torn at his point. I really enjoy my play with the 90s. Solid shaft.

Course was closed this evening due to the heavy rain the past 5 days, so I did not get to put these in play for their Maiden voyage in the DPCs. No doubt I will be hitting the range tomorrow afternoon to hit through the irons and wedges to get some initial thoughts!

Got these back today, and they are reshafted and ready to go. Hoping this Tropical Storm clears out tonight and league is on for tomorrow night so I can get these out on the course.

ad4ebdc8-350e-aaf7.jpg

Nice set up man, love the color

I will be participating in this thread to fill in for Iceman due to time and am about to put these shafts in a set of CG16 irons that I have. Pretty excited because they are some of my favorite shafts. I will have full updates coming soon.

I will be participating in this thread to fill in for Iceman due to time and am about to put these shafts in a set of CG16 irons that I have. Pretty excited because they are some of my favorite shafts. I will have full updates coming soon.
Nice! Like that you are putting them in the CG16s, should be a nice setup.

ad4ebdc8-350e-aaf7.jpg

War. The green looks great on those.

Back