Miyazaki B. Asha Shafts - Everything You Want To Know

Good bump Dean. I think I may give this a listen later after having a few months of experience with the B. Asha. See what I can find.

Good bump Dean. I think I may give this a listen later after having a few months of experience with the B. Asha. See what I can find.

I hope you do. It will be interesting to hear if you have any differences or more similarities from what is talked about to what you see on the course

So...random question. I listened to the show, and from what I got from it, the 4 series is the line that if tour players are hitting the ball low (which I normally do) and are playing 10.5 drivers, this shaft allows them to get down into the 9.0 or even 8.5 range for optimul launch conditions. So since I'm sort of a low ball hitter, this shaft, with my 110 swing speed, in an X flex, should be pretty good for me? Correct?

So...random question. I listened to the show, and from what I got from it, the 4 series is the line that if tour players are hitting the ball low (which I normally do) and are playing 10.5 drivers, this shaft allows them to get down into the 9.0 or even 8.5 range for optimul launch conditions. So since I'm sort of a low ball hitter, this shaft, with my 110 swing speed, in an X flex, should be pretty good for me? Correct?

Yes, it's a higher launching shaft, but it would purely be a guess as to whether it would be a good match for you.

Yes, it's a higher launching shaft, but it would purely be a guess as to whether it would be a good match for you.

Exactly, everyone is different in terms of swing. Being fit is the only true way to know.

The 4x is listed as a mid-high but for me is a TRUE mid flight shaft. Everyone is different.

Exactly, everyone is different in terms of swing. Being fit is the only true way to know.

The 4x is listed as a mid-high but for me is a TRUE mid flight shaft. Everyone is different.

I know fitting is the only way to be sure but it isn't always easy to find a place to get fitted to the full Miyazaki line... I haven't found a place yet.

Take me for instance. I know that I hit the Kusala Blue well, but they're freaking expensive. I can actually find a better deal on the B Asha. I'm contemplating giving it a shot just because.

I know and understand that. I wasn't asking if it is my optimal shaft. I should have worded it differently. Sorry. Thank you for the response.

I know and understand that. I wasn't asking if it is my optimal shaft. I should have worded it differently. Sorry. Thank you for the response.

My bad. I'm always a little leery of steering somebody towards spending that kind of money without a good chance to demo.

I know fitting is the only way to be sure but it isn't always easy to find a place to get fitted to the full Miyazaki line... I haven't found a place yet.

Take me for instance. I know that I hit the Kusala Blue well, but they're freaking expensive. I can actually find a better deal on the B Asha. I'm contemplating giving it a shot just because.
That's what I did. Found a deal on a B. Asha, and pulled the trigger in hopes it worked out. I can't find anywhere in my area to get fitted without paying an arm and a leg.

That's what I did. Found a deal on a B. Asha, and pulled the trigger in hopes it worked out. I can't find anywhere in my area to get fitted without paying an arm and a leg.

Same problem I've had. Most of the arm & leg places don't have the Miya's either! Incidentally, I had the same issue with my Betti. Two places near me that have them. Neither has much of a selection. Had to guess based on what I already know I like.

Also, while we're talking about it, is optimal launch angle and spin rates different among players? If not, what is the ideal launch angle and spin rates from a driver? Just so I know, when I have a chance to hit on a launch monitor, if the shaft is going to work.

Also, while we're talking about it, is optimal launch angle and spin rates different among players? If not, what is the ideal launch angle and spin rates from a driver? Just so I know, when I have a chance to hit on a launch monitor, if the shaft is going to work.

That's another one of those grey areas. Depends on ball speed, conditions, preferences in ball flight, etc. Generally speaking 10-14° and 2-3k would be a decent range. I hate even answering that question since it's so open to opinions and interpretations. Just a very rough, general range there.

That's another one of those grey areas. Depends on ball speed, conditions, preferences in ball flight, etc. Generally speaking 10-14° and 2-3k would be a decent range. I hate even answering that question since it's so open to opinions and interpretations. Just a very rough, general range there.
Okay. Again, sorry. I just am kind of new when it comes to this stuff. Before, I thought all shafts were the same other than stiffness and graphics. Now that I'm looking into fittings and making my clubs fit me instead of me changing to fit them. And it is harder than I thought it'd be. Just looking for answers for only which a proper fitting can answer. My bad

Im not sure where you are located, but if you can make it to a THP Event, we will always have a launch monitor with us and real data can be provided.

No, don't be sorry at all. I'm just covering my own butt lol.

Ya it would be ideal and so much fun for me if I could make it to one of them. I'm located in Southern Utah so there isn't a good chance of having an event near me. I'm thinking about moving just to be closer to THP events lol

Ya it would be ideal and so much fun for me if I could make it to one of them. I'm located in Southern Utah so there isn't a good chance of having an event near me. I'm thinking about moving just to be closer to THP events lol

Las Vegas and Colorado are both great options and on the card for 2013 for Invitationals.

Okay. Again, sorry. I just am kind of new when it comes to this stuff. Before, I thought all shafts were the same other than stiffness and graphics. Now that I'm looking into fittings and making my clubs fit me instead of me changing to fit them is harder than I thought it'd be. Just looking for answers for only which a proper fitting can answer. My bad
I'll tell you a short/medium story about this very thing I had with mcook77 the other day. After I hit one of my best drives of the day last week while playing I turned to him and said, "See, that's a good med/high flight for me". Cookie responded, "it was a great drive but I could probably call that a med ball flight". I said, "really?" So here's the thing, it's different for everyone, including me what a clear definition is of ball flight and what fits you. I will tell you that if my ball flight gets any higher I will start loosing distance. I get a ton of roll out with my drives and the spin I produce. But others may not get that same spin so they need to get the ball higher to go the same distance. Just depends on the person doing the hitting. You are on the right track with your questions but it just depends on what kind of shot you like play and what shot shape/height you are comfortable playing.

I'll tell you a short/medium story about this very thing I had with mcook77 the other day. After I hit one of my best drives of the day last week while playing I turned to him and said, "See, that's a good med/high flight for me". Cookie responded, "it was a great drive but I could probably call that a med ball flight". I said, "really?" So here's the thing, it's different for everyone, including me what a clear definition is of ball flight and what fits you. I will tell you that if my ball flight gets any higher I will start loosing distance. I get a ton of roll out with my drives and the spin I produce. But others may not get that same spin so they need to get the ball higher to go the same distance. Just depends on the person doing the hitting. You are on the right track with your questions but it just depends on what kind of shot you like play and what shot shape/height you are comfortable playing.

Nate,
This is where fitting plays such a large role and continues to based on geography. Come play that same ball flight in FL and see how much roll you get? None. So you would want that tweaked so taht you maximize carry.

Well put Nate for geographical anomolies, and some great guideline numbers IMO Hawk. This shaft is just a great addition I think and can say that after having it a while, honeymoon lasts long time :bulgy-eyes:

Thank you for the advice man. I like a mid/high piercing flight with a little fade on the end. I just need to get properly fitted and it would answer all of my annoying questions

Nate,
This is where fitting plays such a large role and continues to based on geography. Come play that same ball flight in FL and see how much roll you get? None. So you would want that tweaked so taht you maximize carry.
No doubt about it! Where you play is a big factor.

Nate,
Agreed, that is very well put, the one thing I run into here in the midwest is needing different ones throughout the year depending on conditions!!!

Thinking about going to a B. Asha in the Classic I just picked up or my G20 (havent decided yet) but was wondering what flex and weight option I should go with. I would like to increase my ball flight because I tend to naturally have a low ball flight. I do not swing very hard so last time I was on the monitor it was high 80's I believe. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated. My assumption is that I am somewhere between a 3R and a 4R.

Thinking about going to a B. Asha in the Classic I just picked up or my G20 (havent decided yet) but was wondering what flex and weight option I should go with. I would like to increase my ball flight because I tend to naturally have a low ball flight. I do not swing very hard so last time I was on the monitor it was high 80's I believe. Any suggestions or insight would be greatly appreciated. My assumption is that I am somewhere between a 3R and a 4R.

I'm hoping one of the testers from the B Asha thread will see this and post up some thoughts.

Back