Rick Reilly blasts Tiger

Besides the part where I completely agree with everything that he's said in the article; and I really think Tiger should read this and take it to heart...but reading into it, I can see Reilly somewhat pleading with Tiger here. You can almost see the fan who REALLY wants the golfer he's idolized for so many years back. He wants to see him succeed again. Not necessarily completely dominate like he did, but succeed. The way I read it, he's trying to fix him & help by tearing Tiger down to get thru to him.

I have no problem with this.

Best Reilly article in a long time! Somebody needs to tape it to Tigers front door!

OR maybe his gym locker!!! I wonder who we know that could do that :D

What a great article. I'm a Tiger fan, but Rick is completely right.

Thanks for posting this.

Really well written. He's telling it like it is without coming across like a jack*ss, I'm a big Tiger fan and can't come to his defense here at all.

Ditto man.

Tell it like it is and the this is spot on :beat-up:

What a great article. I'm a Tiger fan, but Rick is completely right.

Completely right?

No, I disagree with that.

Somewhat right; especially in terms of the "humility" thing and in terms of being more accessible, but I'm a little puzzled by his defense of Williams.
About a year and a half ago, wasn't it Rick Reilly who said that Tiger needs to fire his entire entourage including his caddy?
So why is he now defending Williams?

I think he is spot on with this. I don't know if Tiger will ever see it this way but I believe these are words well spoken.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Completely right?

No, I disagree with that.

Somewhat right; especially in terms of the "humility" thing and in terms of being more accessible, but I'm a little puzzled by his defense of Williams.
About a year and a half ago, wasn't it Rick Reilly who said that Tiger needs to fire his entire entourage including his caddy?
So why is he now defending Williams?

Maybe because more details are now out an TW has strewn him along and fires him out of the blue? TW did not treat him as a friend or valued employee in this case.

Tappin' in support of Team Hackers!

I like it....

Maybe because more details are now out an TW has strewn him along and fires him out of the blue? TW did not treat him as a friend or valued employee in this case.

Well, maybe he could have handled it better but I do think it was a good idea to part company with Williams.

Well, maybe he could have handled it better but I do think it was a good idea to part company with Williams.

Agreed .... But of course all we can do is speculate, who really knows what all was said and the reasons, etc...not any of us.

I thought this was one of the best articles regarding Woods. As someone that considered himself a Tiger fan I agree with all of it!

wow just read it, man that was an AWESOME article. If all of what he is saying is true, man is Woods really a Dbag or what??

I didn't hear he stiffed Stevie for two years. Is there some truth to that?

Some of the things mentioned I've heard before, some many times. I think he could improve on being a better human being.

I hope he comes back and shoves all the hate back up everyone's exit hole.

Good article. Hope tiger reads it.

FIFY degoins! hahahaha

How dare anybody drop these defamatory comments on the one and only Eldrick.

I'm glad you guys liked it. I hate to use my alter-ego name, but I don't want Tiger's goons coming after me.

How dare anybody drop these defamatory comments on the one and only Eldrick.

Lemmee get my 9 iron, I will straighten Rick out.....

In seriousness, outstanding article.

Agree with everything accept maybe the swing from 2000. While it was his best swing it took a toll on his body. Should be an interesting rest of the year.

Great article. I'm not sure if Steve has some kind of confidentiality agreement with Tiger, but I'm sure there's money to be made with a book deal.

Money, and the ability to hit a golf ball (or play any sport for that matter) usually doesn't change a person's nature.

All fine with one exception. The author assumes that Tiger can go back to the 2000 swing. If I were in the assuming business I would assume just the opposite as I think chances are much greater that he can't go back than that he can. Tiger has to do what all of these guys have had to do eventually, what the new darling of the crowds, Rory will surely have to do some day. Tiger has got to adopt a swing that his body will support. It is either that or become entirely irrelevant, one or the other. Frankly I am not convinced that Tiger is capable of arriving at a swing that will return him to at least relevance. He seems to me to be an all or nothing kind of guy. "Stevie, you went off to try to earn a little doe-ray-me while I am on the shelf.....Se ya' Stevie!"

To be honest, unless he does not think he can outlive his money I would retire from competitive tourney golf if I were him. He should find something that he can do that will interest him and support him and his various and sundry financial obligations and move on. So should we.

Back