Scoring Average - Par 5's

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Going along with another thread that was started last night I have a question for all of those that keep statistics. What is your scoring average on Par 5 holes?

Over my last 20 rounds it has been 5.4

I have no clue actually. I need to keep track of things like this.

oobgolf has me at 5.38 over my last 20 rounds.

Over the past 20 rounds I'm at a 6.16 with a GIR % of 23%

oob has me at 5.8 over 20 rounds at the moment.

For 2011, 39 rounds tracked (started in March or April and stopped in September) - I was at 5.64.

Good thing to track and it is time that I start again on FairwayFiles.com.

I wish I officially kept track of this and other stats. Mine is definately at least 6 thanks to one par 5 that I nearly always double or bogey at best.

Over the last year it's 6.5.

For ref:
par 3 - 4.2
par 4 - 5.4

I will track this year. First posted round yesterday was 5.0, but that really has no significance in the long run.

Historically, pretty poor (as in 6+), but it seems to be getting better. My main problems with them was always 1) I was very short off the tee 2) I was inaccurate off the tee 3) I had to hit three good shots in a row instead of two.

For 2011, 39 rounds tracked (started in March or April and stopped in September) - I was at 5.64.

Good thing to track and it is time that I start again on FairwayFiles.com.

Wow. Just checked out that site, thanks Cookie. It's amazing.

I'm listed as a 5.8

4.46 (13 par 5s played this season). 6 birdies, 1 eagle, 6 pars. I've three-jacked two of those holes for par. Yes, our par 5 are quite easy (two at 510, three at 540).

OOB has me at 6.2 YUCHH

Mine is 6.4 for the last 25 rounds...I wish I didnt look.

I need to start keeping better track of these kind of things. I have every scorecard I have played this year, maybe I should put all the information in.

Im guessing mine would be over 5 but under 6?

LOL. Playing with Jrod showed me just how bad I was on par 5's. He can reach all but the very longest ones in two quite easily.

mine is 5.28...

Golf shot has me at 6.1 for the last 20 rounds. 6.2 for the last 20 at my home course. I don't even think about going for a green in 2 there.

For reference par 4's are 5.2 and 3's are 3.9.

Over my last 5 rounds it has been 6.4. Not Good. But I'm hitting 65% of my fairways on those par 5's, which is much better than last year. Baby steps.

OOB has me at 5.76 with 37% GIR. 94% GAIR. :)

Really these help unless I can't putt. Being that I can sometimes put a ball out there I'm comfortable taking a hybrid or FW off the tee to make sure I'm safe... or I know if I hit driver into trouble, I can take my medicine and still have a shot at the green for a big GIR. Usually these are round savors for me.

Mine is at 5.31 but I certainly feel it should be better. Anything under about 520 or 530 and I certainly feel like I should be on or around the green in two. This could be driven by the fact that my home course is a par 70 and both par 5s are tough for me to reach in two, one because of the tight second shot and the other because of the tight drive.

Back