Scoring Average - Par 5's

so far this season it has been 5.2. Par fives this season have definitely been where I have made up some lost strokes.

I don't keep stats, but I would put me in the 6 area.

My average is 5.26

Looking through my records from last year my average is 7.2. Should hopefully bring that down this year as I'm now hitting driver off the tee instead of a fairway wood, so I'm gaining 40 - 50yds off the tee.

Last 24 rounds where I kept score average was 7.13

Oob has me at 5.9 on par 5's. Kind of puzzling to me since most par 5's from the whites ought to be parred pretty easily at least at the courses that I play on a regular basis. I am averaging a G.I.R of 37.6% on the par 5's with a fairway hit percentage of 69.2% through more than 20 rounds tracked. Very interesting, has got to me my short game or putting.

really played the par 5s well today made par on the first two then Eagled the 3rd then was sitting on the Green in 3 and 4 putted from there on the last. greens were so fast and hard today it was crazy but besides my crappy 4 putt i really have been taking advantage of them lately which is good to see. and i lipped out a birdie on the first one so maybe work on my putting a little this week and turn my round around.

For 168 rounds in 2011 I averaged 5.28 on my home course par 5s. The par 5s accounted for 30 percent of my birdies and all my eagles in 2011 (home course.)

For 2012, 56 rounds, average 5.45 and 32 percent of the birdies. These are slightly skewed because of playing conditions January through March result in pretty high scores. By the end of the year, averages will be improved.

I don't have the breakdown for "away" courses.

Man mine is worse than I thought. 5.5

I am at 6.2, I love Golfshot for the stats.

Thanks for bringing this up JB, I keep track of all these stats but don't go back and look at them and really study them like I should. I really wanted to see how much I had improved in the last 6 months..so according to Golfshot

For the past 12 months it was 5.9
The past 6 months it was 5.6
The last 20 rounds 5.4
The last 5 rounds 5.3

so I feel like I am heading in the right direction....today on the 5 par 5's on my home course I went par, bogey, par, par, bogey...and I had a GIR on all 3 pars and left tap ins for my pars.

I'm at 6.1. I think my issue is I get greedy and try to go for the green in 2 and will often get myself into trouble. Going to consciously try to lay up from now on and see if that improves my average.

**I'm Back**

The three par 5s at my course are all reachable in two quite comfortably (Driver, 5 wood is the longest), so my average is right in between par and bogey. Lots of birdies mixed in too. No "official" number though.

My average in the last year and a half is 4.25. My last round the par 5's killed me. +3 on the par them with a double on a hole I usually birdie. That's the way the cookie crumbles at times.

Tapaway!

for 2011 it was 5.3...
for 2012 (total of 1 round hahah) - 5.6 - (4 pars and an 8 )

c0056d22-17db-802b.jpg

In the rounds I tracked this winter, 5.7. Ewww.

5.1 trying to work on par 3s

Over last 20 rounds 5.5

Last 5 rounds 5.2

wow im still at 6.0 on the par 5's...yuck

I don't actually have a yearly average.. May need to see if I can find it.. But I can tell you I managed to double bogey the first two par 5s on Sunday, and birdie the two on the back nine haha.. Talk about highs and lows of a round!

Tapatalking from my iPhone

Since this thread came up, I started recording my stats w/ Golfshot to get a better understanding of where I score and where I struggle.

For Par 5's, my scoring average since the beginning of the month is 5.4

On the other end, my average for Par 3's is 3.9.

I just checked all mine....over that last 20 rounds according to Golfshot

Par 3's - 3.9
Par 4's - 5.1
Par 5's - 5.3

So looks like to me I need to concentrate on my par 4s which means I need to work on mid to long iron approach shots....which should also help bring par 3s down too.

The par 5s being so low tells me my wedge game is in pretty good shape...just need to work on those longer approaches.

If your Par 4 average is quite high you could check your scrambling stats as well, since its not always possible to reach green in regulation.

Back