T.P. Mills Wide Sole Softtail, 100% custom

chewie69

Reaction score
Handicap
I just received this putter from Craig at T.P. Mills. It is one of his old gamers, and I cannot thank him enough for letting me try it out. Per his description it is a "wide sole softtail with a hallowed out cavity and a long pencil neck. 100% handmade custom."

Right out of the box, all I could say is WOW! The putter cover when you first see it is ridiculous. I have not seen one like it before and I absolutely love it. It looks great next to the Cleveland Black headcover in my bag. The putter itself is weighted perfectly and is about an inch longer than my Scotty, which is 34". I love the purple color it has, and I bet it really pops in the sun. I am taking it to the course tomorrow and cannot wait to start rolling it.

6379590003_3eae3028fa_z.jpg

6379590899_793e669282_z.jpg

6379591449_3217ba64c5_z.jpg

6379592037_64cf3e6e0d_z.jpg

6379592809_5980b93c4b_z.jpg

6379593421_a78c283ba9_z.jpg

6379594375_e5f07d823c_z.jpg

6379595781_64798c7c78_z.jpg

Pretty wicked looking, I like. Especially the head cover. Thanks for sharing.

Don't really dig the finish but otherwise a great putter I am sure.

A really nice looking putter you have there. The headcover may be the best part!

Really great looking putter to me, and yes, I do like the finish. The headcover is wicked! Look forward to seeing what you think of it chewie.

I love that putter!!!!!! I think the finish is awesome, and I'm totally diggin' that head cover. I want one!!!

Sweet looking flat stick!

I love everything about that putter and the cover. All it needs is an alignment aid to be perfect for me!

Very cool of Craig to send that to you to try it out!!

I think this is one of the best I have seen from Mills. Love the lack of alignment aid, flow neck and the rounded toe.

Gorgeous putter, GORGEOUS finish.

I've got to order my damn headcover already! I've been slacking!

Yes please. All of it.

It has a Baltimore Ravens Cool color and radical head cover. It would Diffidently get a work out in my bag.

This finish is what happens when the putter is in the pot too long. It was originally intended to be blue sapphire, but
David left it in the pot too long and burnt it. I believe the lie is 68 and the putter is 34 1/2, but I can't remember if that measurement is with grip on or off.

Have a happy Thanksgiving,

Great looking putter. I really want to buy a Mills putter.

Good lawd that's a sweet putter. I really like the headcover. It screams badass. I like that TP Mills lets forum members give their products a roll.

Hey captain3jack, you ever thought about maybe throwing out a left handed model for some lefty testing?

man that is a thing of beauty. TP Mills has really been throwing out some great looking flatsticks

HC alone could push me over the edge.

Wow, very cool looking putter and the headcover is AWESOME! Can't wait to hear how it works for you.

That thing just looks vicious. I now know what the Heath Ledger Joker character would have putted with!

It is pretty sweet. I just have not had much time for the past day, with everyone coming in to town for Thanksgiving. I will update this weekend.

Played 18 holes at Woodmont GC today with the Softtail. Had 31 putts today which I was happy with for a course I had never played and some pretty knarly greens. Not as consistent from 8 ft in today, but I really good distance control over my longer lag putts today.

I always struggled lining her up. Feel is awesome, but I tended to miss everything important on the right lip. I think I have solved the mechanical issues in my stroke and may give her another whirl.

Played 9 holes at Bentwater today. My short game was off a little today. I had 16 putts on the front 9, but it was not consistent as some greens were soaked and some were mostly dry.

Hole 1:

Hole 8:

All in all a decent round. I am starting to get the hang of this putter...it is quite differenthan the "Huey" I had before this. I love the design and the look, and I think in a couple more weeks I will have it all worked out.

Great lookin softail. I'm hoping to get my hands on a Mini with a hand bent plumbers neck.

Thanks for sharing.

TK

Chewie,

Finally some decent weather today and tomorrow. I think I am going out to play right NOW! Weather looks crappy the rest of the week.

Back