The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
got fired yesterday hahaha... i guess its not hitting me til now
right before christmas... thanks
Damn Russ, sorry to hear that dude. Hope you are able to find something you enjoy.

I went to the gym after school yesterday/before my night class. My night class is supposed to be 6PM - 10PM. She ended up keeping us until 10:45PM. Had to drive an hour home. So I was steady busy from 5:30 AM - 11:30 PM. Finally crashed a little after midnight. Woke back up at 5:20 AM.

Needless to say..I'm wiped out right now, haha. Just one of those mornings!

I went to the gym after school yesterday/before my night class. My night class is supposed to be 6PM - 10PM. She ended up keeping us until 10:45PM. Had to drive an hour home. So I was steady busy from 5:30 AM - 11:30 PM. Finally crashed a little after midnight. Woke back up at 5:20 AM.

Needless to say..I'm wiped out right now, haha. Just one of those mornings!

I hear ya brother. However, get used to it now. I was awake yesterday at 5. Got to bed at 12:10 last night, got back up at 5. It's good training for the rest of your life.

That is rough T0AD. It happens to me all the time. I dont have a solution other than not overthinking. The more I think about it, the worse it gets.

Sounds like me man, long game has been off and on, but mostly off. And Im certain going through a checklist standing over the ball is not helping matters. A lesson in the future for you perhaps?
My BluRay player has some golf instructional channel on it that I was looking at last night. The teacher was talking about the takeaway and how standing over the ball and analyzing your past problems usually just causes more. He said most people should use a waggle that mimics coming into the ball on an inside out plane. "Approach the ball, do three or four waggles, look at your target one time, and swing!" I don't waggle, ever, and often don't even take a practice swing. I think that needs to change.

I hear ya brother. However, get used to it now. I was awake yesterday at 5. Got to bed at 12:10 last night, got back up at 5. It's good training for the rest of your life.

Night classes are a pain in the you-know-what, haha. Only two nights a week though (and next week ends the semester). So, at least I get a break soon.

My long game is gone. Makes me want to snap things over my knee.

Either bad reverse pivot causing tops or coming across and causing snap hooks.

Irons seem to be OK. WTC?

Toad if the irons are working then you should try a drill for me. Swing your most consistent iron 3 times ( hit 3 balls) then grab you driver and make same 3 swings. Keep doing this for 5 sets. Take your time with each swing, make sure your setup is correct before each swing.

The theory is that you swing every club like your swing your 7i. In this case you swing every club like you swing the best iron in your bag.

To get rid of the reverse pivot, hit balls with all your weight on your right side through out the entire swing for 10 balls. Then you next next 10 try to walk out of your swing after contact. This should be one fluid motion. The first part of the drill gets your body used to a weight transfer to the right side. The second part will get you moving toward a weight transfer through the ball.

got fired yesterday hahaha... i guess its not hitting me til now
right before christmas... thanks

sorry to hear that man, terrible timing indeed, good luck bouncing back

I just had to buy a 349$ puller set for the new clutches a lot of auto manufacturers are putting on alternators.

This is why getting your car fixed is so expensive. Tool prices are out of sight.

I just had to buy a 349$ puller set for the new clutches a lot of auto manufacturers are putting on alternators.

This is why getting your car fixed is so expensive. Tool prices are out of sight.

Why is that dude? Cost of materials? Cost of labor? Poor company practice?

Tools are getting crazy expensive!

Why is that dude? Cost of materials? Cost of labor? Poor company practice?

Honest answer?

Made in America.

It's also the fact that tool trucks are mobile banks so to speak. When you buy a tool you can make payments weekly "interest free" so they jack up the price to cover warranty, fuel for their truck, loans, etc.

Snap On tools are far and away the best tools made but it's got to the point where a 19MM box wrench is now about 40$ and a normal chrome 3/8 drive socket is about 25. The tool guy who is a good friend of mine and in my golf group told me prices on hand tools have doubled over the last ten years.

Honest answer?

Made in America.

It's also the fact that tool trucks are mobile banks so to speak. When you buy a tool you can make payments weekly "interest free" so they jack up the price to cover warranty, fuel for their truck, loans, etc.

Snap On tools are far and away the best tools made but it's got to the point where a 19MM box wrench is now about 40$ and a normal chrome 3/8 drive socket is about 25. The tool guy who is a good friend of mine and in my golf group told me prices on hand tools have doubled over the last ten years.

Wow, interesting info. Is there a reason that the market has not been overrun with cheaper replacements? I mean less cost, not less quality. Is it because that in this market, only made in America would sell?

That's big time right there dude. I take it you've gotta buy all your own tools?

Wow, interesting info. Is there a reason that the market has not been overrun with cheaper replacements? I mean less cost, not less quality. Is it because that in this market, only made in America would sell?

A lot of people do use cheap tools. I refuse.

I work on a flat rate system which means I only get paid for what I do and I only get paid "The book time" There is a labor guide which calls for labor ops on every vehicle repair in the world. So if I replace an alternator on a Chrysler Town and Country and it calls for 2.4 hours that's what I get paid whether it takes me 1 hour or 8 hours.

So I only will by quality tools that is the right tool for the right job. I don't have time to be rounding off bolt heads and busting my knuckles more than I already do. Plus a lot of the specialty tools aren't made by the chinese. They only make the most widely used things such as hammers, wrenches, pry bars, etc.

wow the rant thread is actually educational today! Definitely some stuff I didnt know up in here, thanks JROD

That's big time right there dude. I take it you've gotta buy all your own tools?

Yeah about 90% of them. Some items such as scan tools and things of the sort are shop tools and purchased by the shop themselves.

Should have seen the look on my insurance agent's face about four years ago when I told her I needed a rider on my home owners for my tools and she asked how much.

When I told her about 85,000$ she about shat herself.

Honest answer?

Made in America.

Its that way across the board with any tradesman. But yet consumers of our work want the lowest price. So you get into a race to the bottom where making a living and losing your a$$ is a fine line

Yeah about 90% of them. Some items such as scan tools and things of the sort are shop tools and purchased by the shop themselves.

Should have seen the look on my insurance agent's face about four years ago when I told her I needed a rider on my home owners for my tools and she asked how much.

When I told her about 85,000$ she about shat herself.

Unreal dude. Hopefully that's the only thing you have to buy for the next while!

*scopes out Jrod's house for a B&E*

A lot of people do use cheap tools. I refuse.

I work on a flat rate system which means I only get paid for what I do and I only get paid "The book time" There is a labor guide which calls for labor ops on every vehicle repair in the world. So if I replace an alternator on a Chrysler Town and Country and it calls for 2.4 hours that's what I get paid whether it takes me 1 hour or 8 hours.

So I only will by quality tools that is the right tool for the right job. I don't have time to be rounding off bolt heads and busting my knuckles more than I already do. Plus a lot of the specialty tools aren't made by the chinese. They only make the most widely used things such as hammers, wrenches, pry bars, etc.

I agree with all of this. I guess my question is why has a company not made really high quality tools for less money overseas or even domestically? Or is it not possible? I would think doubling in 10 years is rather high and could be done for less and still have the same high quality. Could be wrong there though.

Unreal dude. Hopefully that's the only thing you have to buy for the next while!

It won't be. I've had at least a 40$ a week tool payment for the last 10 years. Buy stuff, pay it down, rinse and repeat.

I agree with all of this. I guess my question is why has a company not made really high quality tools for less money overseas or even domestically? Or is it not possible? I would think doubling in 10 years is rather high and could be done for less and still have the same high quality. Could be wrong there though.

Companies have tried and just not succeeded. Cornwell is a company that comes to mind. I don't know why and I can't really explain it. MAC used to make great tools until the Stanley corporation bought them out 5 or so years ago.

Matco and Snap On are really the only two options for quality tools.

Toad if the irons are working then you should try a drill for me. Swing your most consistent iron 3 times ( hit 3 balls) then grab you driver and make same 3 swings. Keep doing this for 5 sets. Take your time with each swing, make sure your setup is correct before each swing.

The theory is that you swing every club like your swing your 7i. In this case you swing every club like you swing the best iron in your bag.

To get rid of the reverse pivot, hit balls with all your weight on your right side through out the entire swing for 10 balls. Then you next next 10 try to walk out of your swing after contact. This should be one fluid motion. The first part of the drill gets your body used to a weight transfer to the right side. The second part will get you moving toward a weight transfer through the ball.
Thanks Freddie. I am usually all over my 7 so this will help me out. I'll hit the range tonight or tomorrow and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back