The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
After driving a pickup and a crown vic for 10 years, my little car felt pretty fast to me. All it took was 30 minutes in a Vette to make me aware that I was mistaken.

Serious conversations with the wife. Long time coming and we have avoided hinted at the discussion but we got real last night. Not sure where this is headed right now.

Serious conversations with the wife. Long time coming and we have avoided hinted at the discussion but we got real last night. Not sure where this is headed right now.
Hate to hear that buddy. Hope everything works out the way you need it to.

Uh oh. Hope it all works out well for you.

I hate to hear that. Marriage is tough and takes work. We are going on 19 years. My motto is a strong marriage isn't made of 2 great lovers... but 2 great forgivers! I hope everything works out for you friend!

In law family drama.... I could say some really mean things about their values but I won't. Should be an interesting 4-6 months ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Club throwing and pace of play. We finished 40 min after our lead group. The group in front of us was so slow

A big shot out to AMC, who has been playing Home Alone all weekend. It's been great because the kids have loved it, but no so great when Walking Dead commercials come on. Two each break, with the first coming on a split second after they switch from the movie. Nothing like having to explain to your daughter about all that, lol.

Sorry to hear that Scrap. My wife and i were having problems(most of them were me), i had to change my habits that you get into after 14 years together and things are much better now.
Hope you get your's sorted out.

Sorry to hear this, Scrap. Hope some good came out of the discussion and good luck going forward.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I've been carrying a membership at 2 different courses this year. One near the house and one across the street from my work. The one that is near the house has been problematic for the past couple of years, but I've stuck with it for the convenience for some reason.

On Friday, I went to play out there with a friend who's also a member. We knew it was going to be slow and the course does not allow walkers to begin until 1:00PM on weekends and holidays. So we show up at 12:30 and there are a pair of groups on the tee both of which are groups of 5. Great...... That's OK, there's 3 or 4 groups of walkers between them and us and I knew it was going to be slow anyway. The lead 5-some played at a decent pace, but the one behind them fell behind 4 holes and had the entire course backed up. There were no Marshalls out and the one time I saw the pro ride out, he said absolutely nothing and went back to the clubhouse. The course closes at 5:00, so at 5:10, we were still on the course and he came out to tell us we needed to finish.

I expressed my concerns with the fact that walkers couldn't take off until 1 and the course closes at 5. Typically that's no problem, we can walk in around 3 hours but if we are delayed by groups in front of us, it's not really fair to punish us and we should be allowed to start walking earlier, especially if they are going to start multiple 5-somes in front of us. He dismissed me and drove off while I was still talking, which left me pretty irritated. I have been a member there for over 6 years, the guys that were with me for over 10 years and we were blown off.

Yesterday, the exact same thing happened. The exact same people, the exact same groups except the slow 5-some from the day before was now the lead group and had the entire course open in front of them because they were so slow. We again tried to address our concerns and were told there would be no changes at all, so all 4 of us cancelled our memberships effective immediately. I would rather drive 45 minutes to play at the other course that makes everyone feel like they're welcome than put up with this any longer.

Rain is killing my granddaddy prep.

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinterest and the stupid ideas it gives my wife, hey can you build this by next weekend out in the cold barn

I've been carrying a membership at 2 different courses this year. One near the house and one across the street from my work. The one that is near the house has been problematic for the past couple of years, but I've stuck with it for the convenience for some reason.

On Friday, I went to play out there with a friend who's also a member. We knew it was going to be slow and the course does not allow walkers to begin until 1:00PM on weekends and holidays. So we show up at 12:30 and there are a pair of groups on the tee both of which are groups of 5. Great...... That's OK, there's 3 or 4 groups of walkers between them and us and I knew it was going to be slow anyway. The lead 5-some played at a decent pace, but the one behind them fell behind 4 holes and had the entire course backed up. There were no Marshalls out and the one time I saw the pro ride out, he said absolutely nothing and went back to the clubhouse. The course closes at 5:00, so at 5:10, we were still on the course and he came out to tell us we needed to finish.

I expressed my concerns with the fact that walkers couldn't take off until 1 and the course closes at 5. Typically that's no problem, we can walk in around 3 hours but if we are delayed by groups in front of us, it's not really fair to punish us and we should be allowed to start walking earlier, especially if they are going to start multiple 5-somes in front of us. He dismissed me and drove off while I was still talking, which left me pretty irritated. I have been a member there for over 6 years, the guys that were with me for over 10 years and we were blown off.

Yesterday, the exact same thing happened. The exact same people, the exact same groups except the slow 5-some from the day before was now the lead group and had the entire course open in front of them because they were so slow. We again tried to address our concerns and were told there would be no changes at all, so all 4 of us cancelled our memberships effective immediately. I would rather drive 45 minutes to play at the other course that makes everyone feel like they're welcome than put up with this any longer.

Went through the same thing at my course just a couple months ago, I cancelled my membership immediately and am going to a private course.

Golf haha. One day im all over the show when i need it to be good for comp then next day it clicks and its worth nothing.

Was eating dinner last night when all of a sudden my stomach started turning in knots. Was up all night being sick and it's not much better this morning. Wonderful. Time for ginger ale to save me again

Was eating dinner last night when all of a sudden my stomach started turning in knots. Was up all night being sick and it's not much better this morning. Wonderful. Time for ginger ale to save me again

Dude its ok, I was just joking about Saturday being a RegionalRivalry tryout

Beyond livid right now. We had a terrible experience with a heating company rep over the weekend screaming at my wife on the phone and just being an insulting jerk when we attempted to get service. This morning the company's office called to see if we still needed help and I told the woman who called about the experience we had and that we'd never deal with them again, and we'd be sure to let others know how rude their employees are. Very calm, civil call, but I was forceful.

Well, the damn tech calls the house just now and immediately starts accusing my wife and I of lying. I let him have it, then fired off an email to the company. That's just freaking ridiculous. I'm shaking with anger right now, I can barely type this.

And no, we still don't have heat yet.

Dude that is completely un-acceptable contact your local and state better business bureau.

Hope you can get your heat back on soon

Sorry to hear that Russ. Did he make any threats over the phone? Sounds like he's a big unhinged.

My rant is small by comparison ... wife is going on a cruise this week, so I had plenty of time to take off and golf (thurs and fri). So what happens over the weekend? I picked up a cold. Hacking cough, runny nose, sore throat ... it better be gone by thursday morning!

My game from 125 and in is just awful right now. Driving the ball longer and straighter than ever right now, but can't hit a full wedge shot to save my life. Blade city.

My game from 125 and in is just awful right now. Driving the ball longer and straighter than ever right now, but can't hit a full wedge shot to save my life. Blade city.
Ditto, except it's the 50 and in part of my game that is trash/

One of my former Track girls was shot and killed today. Don't know anymore than that, she was into/around things she shouldn't have been from what I heard, but it breaks my heart, she was such a sweet one and one of my favorites ever. She leaves behind a little one too, only 22 years old.

So so so so sad right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back