THP Tour Van - Texas Event Recap Thread

Great pics cookies looks like it was a great day out there !!

Looks and sounds like everyone had a blast!

Boy I hope NC can bring it like the Texans. Great job everyone and a special shout out to Cookie for arranging things. No pics of the BBQ?!

Loved the pics you added to the thread cookie, it was great being able to share the experience with all of you through this thread. It is always a great day (weekend) when THPers get together.

Boy I hope NC can bring it like the Texans. Great job everyone and a special shout out to Cookie for arranging things. No pics of the BBQ?!

Skimmer...The other thread had a bbq picture. :D However as a group, we went for Tex-Mex.

So I finally had a chance to sit down and read through this entire thread. Wow, what a fun weekend - with the exception of my inability to play a front 9 of golf, it was a perfect weekend.

The BIGGEST of thanks goes out to Josh & Morgan for making the 1,100 mile trip ONE WAY to spend a weekend with us. You could not ask for 2 nicer people than they are, even with all of the trash talk. :act-up:

Secondly - I want to thank all of the THP'ers that made the effort to get to this gathering in Austin. I was hoping for a great showing and think that the THP'ers of both Texas and Oklahoma did a solid job of repping our area and showing up!

So many funny and fun things have already been recapped in here and there is no way for me to elaborate on them, so I will just pick a few things that are standing out for me.

1) I did not play a round with JB but he whooped me easily each day. Not even close, no doubt about it. If golf was only played on the back 9, the loss would have been minimal but I was doomed before the turn! My trash talk likely needs to be directed at ummm.....a player more at my level. My butt got whooped....enough said.

2) Jman and I were supposed to have a match play yesterday and I felt bad how it started. Blind tee shot landing area (if hit far enough) on 1 and he is asking if it's clear. I said I think so and he gets ready to go. JUST before he takes the club back, I go "wait, not ready" just messing with him. He stops mid swing, regroups, blocks one badly to the right. It was meant to be a funny prank, but I think it caused him a bad start which was never really recovered from. He said it was all good, but it was a cheap move by me to try and garner a laugh but did not go really as I intended. Lesson learned. He is a great dude and we had some really good conversation about everything you could imagine golf equipment wise - looking forward to hanging out with him some more.

3) It was a pleasure meeting Spazzdog and having some good conversations about everything golf related and also bringing her up to speed of many things "THP". She is new to the game, but absolutely loves every aspect of it - she will be here for the long haul!

4) I got to enjoy 2 rounds of golf with great people. Saturday was with dtak84, afwcardinal, & Steele. Just a super fun round with each of us laughing and encouraging each other the entire time. HOTD video upcoming later from Saturday. On Sunday, I got to play with GolferGal, 2shoes, and Jman. None of us played too well at all but we definitely had a blast out there. GolferGal's game is coming along very nicely, we worked on a few alignment fixes throughout the round and she hit some great shots all the way throughout her bag. Ask GolferGal to see her 4H flop shot - I had no idea she was a trick shot artist!!

More to come later I am sure - playing catch up on everything right now!

Oh, and Duke & Ellie are too cute, phenomenal RV dogs!!

Glad everyone had a great time. Really enjoyed reading this thred and seeing the pic's.

Nice job with organizing what appears to be a great little gathering, Cookie. Lots of jealous THP'rs out there today :)

Cookie, while we may have brought the dogs and made the drive, you had this thing planned well. As I have said previously in this thread, kudos to you for making the Texas Tour Van Event a special weekend for GG and myself and one we will never forget.

Great write up, Cookie. Sounds like Spazz really had a good time and you can tell she is passionate about the game and wants to learn as much as she can. Glad she got to partake in this with you all.

I can only hope the NJ gathering will be as awesome as this looked! Glad that you all had loads of fun and can't wait for the Tour Van in my neck of the woods.

Skimmer...The other thread had a bbq picture. :D However as a group, we went for Tex-Mex.
Where at? I didn't see it in the thread.

I love seeing pictures. Jman looks nothing like what I pictured!

Hahahaha! I get that alot actually when I meet THP'ers. I guess I'm just that good looking! HAHA!

It was such a blast. I played very little that resembled golf (off the tee was horrible) but it was beyond fun. I met some tremendous people that I KNOW I will tee it up with again and again in the future.

One-two pieces were given to Escalades and memories were made I'll keep with me forever.

JB and Morgan are two of the most genuine people you could wish to meet and a blast to hang out with, thank you for you two making this massive trek to Texas. I'm glad I finally got to meet you, Ellie, and Duke in person!

The RANGEFINDER was awesome, but the BALL-PICKER was better...and a blast to ride in! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hahahaha! I get that alot actually when I meet THP'ers. I guess I'm just that good looking! HAHA!

It was such a blast. I played very little that resembled golf (off the tee was horrible) but it was beyond fun. I met some tremendous people that I KNOW I will tee it up with again and again in the future.

One-two pieces were given to Escalades and memories were made I'll keep with me forever.

JB and Morgan are two of the most genuine people you could wish to meet and a blast to hang out with, thank you for you two making this massive trek to Texas. I'm glad I finally got to meet you, Ellie, and Duke in person!

The RANGEFINDER was awesome, but the BALL-PICKER was better...and a blast to ride in! LOL

This has me laughing, I could have swore I could get it to slide on the loose asphalt just like a go-kart. Glad it did not flip instead. LMAO

Just read through all of this. Sounds like a great time was had by all. Looking forward to September in Des Moines. Hope JB and GG got to do a little sight seeing around Austin. It's a pretty neat town.

~Rock

You two driving the SMART Car was pretty funny.

This has me laughing, I could have swore I could get it to slide on the loose asphalt just like a go-kart. Glad it did not flip instead. LMAO

Hey, you an I would have just flipped it over and take it back. Little sucker was actually pretty fun to ride in, just like JB said.

That picture is priceless though. For reflections sakes I present again...

43d9c2eb-ff90-5014.jpg

43d9c2eb-ff9c-5f98.jpg

First off sounds/looks like an amazing time and makes me even more excited for Des Moines.

Second, those hats are incredible, first the exclusivity is awesome, but man they look so freaking cool. I can't wait!!!

Great stuff!

Good job Cookie with putting it together.

You two driving the SMART Car was pretty funny.

It was fun to ride in, it really was.

We should have done some donuts though!

Wish i could have made that one. I've got a business trip taking me to Texas next week. I'll be in Abilene and looking for some places to play i n the down time. I did see that TaylorMade will be having a demo day at a Golfsmith in Plano on the 7th. I intend to hit that for sure.

Cookie...FWIW, Jman told me that you thought he was mad at you for the #1 tee comedy. He said he'd let you think that for a couple holes just to get inside your head. Then he tried to bury your ball via cart tire and I think he felt things were even. That Jman dude is funny!

Cookie...FWIW, Jman told me that you thought he was mad at you for the #1 tee comedy. He said he'd let you think that for a couple holes just to get inside your head. Then he tried to bury your ball via cart tire and I think he felt things were even. That Jman dude is funny!

He did a good job of it, didn't he? Ha

He failed at burying my ball, all I got out of it was a perfect lie. :alien2:

He did a good job of it, didn't he? Ha

He failed at burying my ball, all I got out of it was a perfect lie. :alien2:

It made me feel better though....for a little while LOL

Back