THP Tour Van - Texas Event Recap Thread

Thanks for sharing all this everyone. Sound like a lot of fun memories were made and that's what it's all about.

Well, it took me a better of the morning (work kept getting in the way) but I finally caught up on this thread.
Sounds like an awesome time was had by all. Hopefully I can meet up with some fellow THP'ers for a round one of these days, and possibly even meet the Rangefinder Posse and their canine crew.

Thanks for posting the Pic.Cookie. Looks like y'all had a good turn out to a fantastic get together. Did JB get to do any shaft fittings at the range? I missed this at Grand Cypress I waited to late to get fit.:doh:

Thanks for posting the Pic.Cookie. Looks like y'all had a good turn out to a fantastic get together. Did JB get to do any shaft fittings at the range?

No, he did not. In all honesty, limited time/space, and the required power for the launch monitor made it a challenge. Not something I thought about in advance but will plan better if a future opportunity arises.

No, he did not. In all honesty, limited time/space, and the required power for the launch monitor made it a challenge. Not something I thought about in advance but will plan better if a future opportunity arises.

I can't imagine everything you went through to put this show on Mike.
That's what amazes me about Morgan at the Demo Day.
She's like a Director in a movie with all the pieces falling into place perfectly. IMO

You owe me nothing. With all the balls JB supplied me with, and lost half of them :-(, I have plenty. It was a blast playing with you and being so new to the game you are doing just fine out there!

Haha, but you also found quite a few on that one hot-tub hole.

whoa the greens on their signature hole left a little something to be desired...

whoa the greens on their signature hole left a little something to be desired...

No doubt. We were all a bit disappointed to see that they had been aerated the week prior. This was one of 2 or 3 holes that had sand like that on the green.

Jman and I discussed this a bunch as the green conditions definitely took away from the ability to make a putt - plain and simple. It was hit or miss.

Luckily, the phenomenal company that we enjoyed more than made up for the green conditions. And I will say this, if I am ever involved in planning something like this again - green conditions will be inquired about before the selection is made. :angel:

Great HOTD, Cookie. That was an interesting looking hole. Was the entire right side man-made?

Great HOTD, Cookie. That was an interesting looking hole. Was the entire right side man-made?

Thanks buddy! Not 100%, but I would have to think yes.

Thanks buddy! Not 100%, but I would have to think yes.
Seems like a tricky little Par 3, plenty of room to miss on the left, but I have a feeling I would have been playing in the pond.

Seems like a tricky little Par 3, plenty of room to miss on the left, but I have a feeling I would have been playing in the pond.

It got in your head...or at least it did mine LOL. First day it got in my head mid swing and I flipped my hips and sent it WAY left, second day I was literally by the edge, but on. Cookie had a damn good shot the second day on it too.

The ladies had it WAY worse. Their tee was as shot over ALL the water and uphill blind to the shelf. Boo.

Thanks to JB/GG for driving out to TX for some golf. It was great to see them again. They are always super nice!
Thanks to Cookie for setting everything up. I really enjoyed getting to see everyone and put some more faces to names.
I drove down Saturday morning and then back to Ft Worth that evening. I was paired with JDJANDA and OLIV. Both guys were super playing partners. We were so busy chatting and just enjoying the round that we forgot to take pictures. After the round, we sat in the clubhouse for a bit and had a cold beverage with them OLIV's wife and one of their friends, Molly. That was a nice change for me. Generally, the groups I play with basically walk from 18 green to the parking lot.

Did anybody get a pic of the the statue near 11 green?

After the round, most of us met at Los Pinos for some Tex-Mex. I highly recommend the Chicken Enchiladas with Queso sauce. Lots of chicken and lots of queso.

I also scored a SCORGOLF hat from Cookie. I forgot about the Tour Van hats. Dangit.

Looking forward to the next event.

Did anybody get a pic of the the statue near 11 green?

LOL - I did not but wish I had. Discussed that both days we played. I think Morgan said they were anatomically correct. I thought they were hot.

Glad everybody had a great time, can't wait to do it again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"We were all a bit disappointed to see that they had been aerated the week prior. This was one of 2 or 3 holes that had sand like that on the green. the green conditions definitely took away from the ability to make a putt - plain and simple. It was hit or miss."

You saw my birdie attempt came in HOT and hit the cup. I thought because of the dirt/ sand patch in front of my ball that it would slow it down some..... Ugh..... Not necessarily the case. :)

I had a blast with our group on Saturday. Cookie is definitely a character.... Haha

I just finished reading over this whole thread. I really hate I couldn't make it. I would have much rather been at this than the tournament I had already signed up to play (that took 6 1/2 hours). It sounds like y'all had a blast.

Great video Cookie, that green looked pretty rough to say the least lol. Something that has to be done to have nice greens though. Did you say that course was $90?

Is Morgan or JB doing an "official" review of Falcon Head GC for publication? I'm hoping so... While overall a nice looking course, the green conditions, lack of in-cart GPS in combo with pricing/pricing breaks was disappointing, not to mention that the staff didn't know who/what THP was... I mean really, can you imagine :)

Great video Cookie, that green looked pretty rough to say the least lol. Something that has to be done to have nice greens though. Did you say that course was $90?

Thanks man. Most were nowhere close to that bad, just your standard week old punched greens. Yes, $85 plus tax for us.

Thanks man. Most were nowhere close to that bad, just your standard week old punched greens. Yes, $85 plus tax for us.

Wow is really all I can say lol. I have never played a course that was over $45 for 18 and a cart haha, guess im just cheap.

Ahh cookie... I meant to have you shoot a vid of my swing so I could see what it looked like!

Oh well. Means you'll be forced to spend some time with me again sometime in the future :)

All this talk makes me want to take the train down to the St. Louis Event! Looks like it was a blast!

Back