What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're real close to zeros aren't you? I say post it man. You have worked hard to get yourself there, I think it should be worn with pride.

I'm close to scratch dude, real close.

Impressive, well done man.

Question we all want to know though..
Spoiler
Was this wearing the RF flat brim?

LOL, thanks ddxu, and you know the answer to that question there my friend.

I played nine holes this morning with a good friend of mine and his wife. The guy really knows the golf swing well and plays to a low handicap. With a couple tweaks from his advice, I was hitting the ball straight with very solid contact. Shot 36 on the front nine! The advice he gave me: Keep my left arm across my chest and turn the club with the shoulders. Also take the club back towards the outside and up. Straight shots to a baby fade which rocked my jock :bulgy-eyes:!!! No more duck hooks which I was plagued with last Sunday. Back home waiting on MaryC to arrive for an afternoon round. Myself, KellyBo & MaryC will tee it up again at 02:00 p.m.

Holy cow chips! OG with a power fade. Reminds me of a couple of holes in Orlando where you suddenly started hitting a fade.

Fine round there my friend. You seem to have found something. Good luck tomorrow with the young flat belly JT.

I'm somewhere in South Carolina playing in a 3-day tournament at a State Park. Played a course called Tara at Savannah Lakes that turned out to be a real hidden gem. A real nice course in the middle of wherever the hell I am. Loved the course except for the bermuda greens and the fact that whoever picked the pin placements is either masochistic or had a real bad night last night. I shot 40,40=80 and felt like I stole something with those pin placements. Different course in the morning. We'll see how that works out.

Good luck buddy, I know you will do well, let us know how it goes.

Shot a 38/40=78 today 2 birdies, 1 double. 32 putts with 1 three putt. 71.1/123 - 6314 yards.

Good solid round there DD.

I busted out a 71 today. Went out in 35, came home in 36.

Hit 10/14 FIR's
Hit 15/18 GIR's
2 birdies
1 bogey
15 pars
32 putts

Scored better on the front but played so much better on the back 9. I wasn't able to score at all on the par 5's due to some wicked pin placements but hit some great shots all around.

Nice, very nice. 15 greens, did it get boring?

Fine round there my friend. You seem to have found something. Good luck tomorrow with the young flat belly JT.

I'm somewhere in South Carolina playing in a 3-day tournament at a State Park. Played a course called Tara at Savannah Lakes that turned out to be a real hidden gem. A real nice course in the middle of wherever the hell I am. Loved the course except for the bermuda greens and the fact that whoever picked the pin placements is either masochistic or had a real bad night last night. I shot 40,40=80 and felt like I stole something with those pin placements. Different course in the morning. We'll see how that works out.

That tournament sounds like fun. Good luck tomorrow.

Played in a 2 man scramble yesterday and while we played poorly as a team we did cash rather well. Round was paid and most of the beer, so hard to complain.

My friend beat me 1 up on 9 holes today. I was 2 up thru 6 but lost the last 3. Damnit.

38 (+2) at the Peek tonight. (lower course)
left a few shots out there, that's for sure...but made some good shots as well.

Shot a 41 today; 18 putts hurt me as I couldn't do much on the greens today. Not bad for the first time playing this track though.

Shot a 58 in a scramble today to take second place, gotta love pro shop credit!

I busted out a 71 today. Went out in 35, came home in 36.

Hit 10/14 FIR's
Hit 15/18 GIR's
2 birdies
1 bogey
15 pars
32 putts

Scored better on the front but played so much better on the back 9. I wasn't able to score at all on the par 5's due to some wicked pin placements but hit some great shots all around.
Great round, teammate!

Shot a 40-40=80 today. One of my more complete rounds of the year. Had a four shot par on a par 5 (second shot in water) and a three shot birdie on a par 5 (lost drive). All in all it seems like my game is starting to come around again

Tapa Slice

38 (+2)/36 (+1) for a 74 (+3), with 26 putts.

Nice round. I would love to have a round with 26 putts, I nearly managed that on the front 9 a few weeks ago!

Not a good day yesterday. It was very hot, very dry, and very windy, and it took me the front nine to adjust to the quickness of the greens and straighten out my irons. The back nine was a bit better, but 34 putts is still outrageous.

Screen shot 2012-06-19 at 6.50.09 AM.png

You'll get that putter going for you next time dude, you are way too effective with that SeeMore!!

Yeah, I'm going tonight to work on putting for about 2 hours while my g/f goes to the gym with her friend. I was missing everything low side, it usually wasnt from speed, it just from not reading enough break.

Had a pretty good nine! Hit 5 fairways, four greens. No three puts. Had two stellar drives, cut the corner on a 500 yd. par five left myself with 167 to the middle. Hit a 6i to twelve feet then two putt for a birdie. The other was a dogleg par four. Cut the corner and had 145 to the center, hit a beautiful nine iron to eight feet, two putt par. Total 40. If I could avoided two doubles it would have been a personal best.

80. I went 37 on the front and then fell apart and shot a 43 on the back!

I had 3 birdies on the front side and had to bogey #9 which is an easy par 5! I should have shot a 2 under on the front and blew it. I then started the back nine with a double. At that point my swing went away. 31 putts was a great feat!

Shot an 86 (43 & 43) on a course that I have never been able to break 90 on before.
Only 1 3 putt and a birdie on the #2 handicap hole for the course. Sank a 40 foot putt for that bird.
First time I've had less than bogie on it, its a long par 5 dogleg left with OB on each side of the fairway.

Shot an 86 (43 & 43) on a course that I have never been able to break 90 on before.
Only 1 3 putt and a birdie on the #2 handicap hole for the course. Sank a 40 foot putt for that bird.
First time I've had less than bogie on it, its a long par 5 dogleg left with OB on each side of the fairway.

Congrats! Which course?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using Tapatalk 2

Congrats! Which course?

Atchafalaya at Idlewild in Patterson, LA. Beautiful course.

Was down there this weekend staying at the in-laws for Father's Day. Wife is from Patterson and her parents live there. They gave me a free round for my Father's Day present.

Atchafalaya at Idlewild in Patterson, LA. Beautiful course.

Was down there this weekend staying at the in-laws for Father's Day. Wife is from Patterson and her parents live there.

I remember you telling me that. I always see commercials about it and it looks beautiful.

I remember you telling me that. I always see commercials about it and it looks beautiful.

It's not too far from you. Probably a lot closer than Carter Plantation. If you ever get a chance to play it, you will like it I'm sure!

Only had time for a quick 9 today. Hit the practice green before for about 1/2 an hour to practice my putting stroke then went off. Shot 41 with 2 doubles (1 drive OB and 1 three putt). Overall a good round. Felt pretty good inside 10 feet (minus the three putt).

Played back on the gold tees today and had a great start but it didn't last too long. I shot 86 (39, 47). Had a GREAT time playing with OG, Dawgdaddy and JT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back