What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a terrible golfing day, but it was a lot of fun. I teed it up with 3 THPers today, ChunkyLover, GoalieDave and Seth0. We had a blast, but the course won. I had a few good shots, but mostly they were bad. I just couldn't seem to get going at all.

I came out with a 94 from the Blues on the Championship course at Tanglewood in Winston Salem, NC.

Played terribly yesterday and put up an 87. Played today, hit a bunch of knockdown iron shots, and shot a 74.

Nice. Way to control the ball.

Kevin

Blue tees, 70.2/132. Had trouble getting dialed in on green speed. They were unusually slow and it took a while to get it figured out, not before a four putt on #2 for double. Didn't do much of anything well today: 78 (41, 37)

Had a good day Minus the aerated greens....

BayWood Greens
HOLE123456789OUT101112131415161718INTOTAL
69/125

Green
Handicap1595311371711 12161882144106
Par444453534364345435443672
Score444463535383345634463876

I need to play a few holes before I start keeping score.

I started double-double-triple-double-double (11 over the first 5) and went 12 over the final 13. I even went bogey-bogey bogey in our Amen corner (holes 6-8). Shot 50-43/93.

Played in some brutal wind on a course I have never played before. Shot 41/43 for an 84. I hit in water on a par 3, took a 7 on that one. Hit OB on the next hole but chipped in to save bogey. Take those two hole out and it wasn't too bad.

On Saturday, I believe I played my best golf I've ever played. 42 Stableford off 14 hcp, gross 80. The score was unimportant though - I've replayed my round in my head over the last couple of days, I've realised that I played out of my skin - 12 GIR being the most important stat, so 12 birdie putts. I also played some perfect (and I don't use that word lightly) shots - shots where I decided on a course of action and a shot to play, and executed it exactly as expected - which for me, is the best feeling you can get on the course. The best two being a 220 yd 3 wood to 8ft, and my shot of the day, 125 yards to a slightly elevated green. The kicker coming from my decision to use an 8 iron (145-150 for me usually), as I just knew that a perfect contact would lead to a balooning flight into the brisk wind, and should being the ball down lightly, and near vertically. The result - 6ft left of the pin, inch perfect length.

And I know there is more in the tank - I three putted at least half a dozen times! I cannot wait for the season proper to start.

Oh, and I LOVE golf...

First time out in ohio it was very wet played grey hawk 7100 yds par 72 rating 74. Shot an 86 it was ruff no roll at all

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

75, 4 bogies and a birdie. Lowest round ever and only the second time below 80

Played each of the last three days.

89 on Friday. 6FWH, 4GIR, 36 putts. Hex Black Ball.
89 on Saturday. 2FWH, 6GIR, 36 putts. Hex Chrome Ball.
80 on Sunday. 5FWH, 6GIR, 31 putts. Hex Black Ball.

Really starting to figure out the irons - and so happy to do so this early in the season. Driving the ball pretty decent, with most misses being just off fairways and absolutely playable. Trying to get the flatstick working but has been tough so far - and the greens on the courses haven't been too helpful to be honest... Still needs a lot of work though. Going to post more on the Callaway Hex balls in that thread. Really liking the Black one.

Shot 87 yesterday. I was pretty sore from walking the day before since I'm not in golf shape yet. Started off horribly and was +9 after 5 which included a quad. After that my iron game got better but I just didn't get many putts to fall. Did poor in a 35 footer for birdie which was nice. Just happy I was able to get out both days this past weekend and play in shorts nonetheless. The season is here!

Only had time to play my 9-hole executive course which is a Par 31. Shot a 35. Had one blow up hole by rinsing one in the lake and three putting for a triple bogey. Then added another 3-putt on a par 4. First round of the year, felt great to shake off some of the rust from winter!

Played 9 holes today (first round in Sweden this year) and shot +2. Not bad considering gale winds, a bit soggy conditions and the fact that they opened the greens last friday. Been slicing and dressing them and so on, so they were...slow and bumpy, let's say. :)

Yesterday was an amazing round for me, regardless of the score at 38/44 82 on the round. I was invited to play with a couple of youngish members who just hit the ball a mile and went into the match feeling a bit daunted, lol, especially with some of the craziest wind I have ever played in. Sustained winds were close to 30 mph with gusts up around 60 mph and two tornado's spotted to the north and west of us. My game was on all the way around with the exception of chipping and even that was solid directionally, I just couldn't seem to get the speeds down coming out of the green side rough. My shot of the day was on the #1 toughest hole at #15 after a great drive. Still 190 out, I hit my Adams A12 4h to the center of the green with a great looking draw that just held up against the wind like some pro, haha. Lot's of oooh's and awww's on that one.

Nice round duey.

Yesterday was an amazing round for me, regardless of the score at 38/44 82 on the round. I was invited to play with a couple of youngish members who just hit the ball a mile and went into the match feeling a bit daunted, lol, especially with some of the craziest wind I have ever played in. Sustained winds were close to 30 mph with gusts up around 60 mph and two tornado's spotted to the north and west of us. My game was on all the way around with the exception of chipping and even that was solid directionally, I just couldn't seem to get the speeds down coming out of the green side rough. My shot of the day was on the #1 toughest hole at #15 after a great drive. Still 190 out, I hit my Adams A12 4h to the center of the green with a great looking draw that just held up against the wind like some pro, haha. Lot's of oooh's and awww's on that one.

Great job Duey! Especially in the kind of wind. Most of the time I want to swing too hard and the secret is, to stay in a good rhythm when the wind picks up.

Nice round duey.

Great job Duey! Especially in the kind of wind. Most of the time I want to swing too hard and the secret is, to stay in a good rhythm when the wind picks up.

Thanks guy's, I was so excited I didn't want to quit playing, haha. This course is not real wind friendly as most of the holes run east and west so its cross wind city. The front is loaded with old tall trees, but the new back 9 is pretty well open most of the way.

shot a 79...awful considering i shot +1 on the front. bah. could've very easily been 3 over at most. trying to get in shape for this saturday for my first amtour event. only used 30 putts, had 2 sand saves for par (ironically both on par 3's) 8/14 fwy's, 7 greens (4 front, 3 back).

well it wasn't today, but it was yesterday...my brother and i went out for the first 9 holes of the season. went pretty much as expected.
he carded a 41, me a 43....both of us gaming new sets of irons. i put the 2.0's in play and he had my old set of TM Tour Burners.
i hit 1 good drive and misjudged the irons. was windy as well...
but it's good to get out finally.

Hi all,well finally got out today.Wonderful sunny spring mass. day,73 degrees.Anyway,round started off kinda bad.Par 4 uphill took a 6 but then swing came together for 3 holes as I scored 3 pars in a row.Ended up with a couple more bogeys and some pars for a 1st round 41.Not too bad for a season starter hey?All my stix are brand new so I haven,t been to the practice range but 2-3 times.All my clubs are in my signature and I didnt hit em too bad.Hope to post some more rounds as well as some pics from some area courses.Take care ya,ll

I got my first round of the year in today! and for Winnipeg it is SUPER early. I played a city course that's a bit easy and wide open but the wind is currently at 50 KMH and gusting to about 70 KMH so it made the course very challenging. I shot a 78 today 40/38. I made a lot of mistakes but I'll take that score for the first round of the year. I also had a double on the 17th hole which wasn't too nice.

Here is a picture of my drive on the 5th hole 345 yards wind assisted. I couldn't find my ball on the fairway but I found it here.. pin high on the green! Just lipped the eagle.

10s54lz.jpg

nice drive dent, im guessing that wasnt INTO the wind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back