What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a bit of a breakthrough day. Shot an 83. I finally think I found a fix to my recent struggles with my driver and woods. Exciting stuff.

After no golf for 5 months, I've played six 9-hole rounds in the past five days -- too much too soon. I shot 42 the first two nines with my old clubs (very good for me), then switched to my new Nike's on Saturday and shot two 50's getting used to the clubs. Then I played two nines yesterday and today not keeping score, just trying to get comfortable with the clubs.

Like I said -- too much too soon. I was so fatigued today, and my back was getting sore, so that I lost about 5 yards off each successive drive. I cannot really tell how the new clubs will work (didn't help that I was hitting 2-3 drives each hole today, and then a couple approach shots -- just got tired out).

Don't worry, I didn't hold anyone up because the course was empty -- started at 5pm after work, and no one around here is ready for evening golf in March (except me, evidently).

Guess I better take tomorrow off (and say thanks again to my very supportive wife!).

Didn't play today, but I shot an 84 in 30 mph winds at Twin Creeks in Allen, Texas on Saturday. What is amazing is that I had 4 birdies, was within a foot of an ace on two separate occasions AND I lost an entire sleeve of balls. Golf is such an up and down game for me. I guess that is why I am a 16 GHIN.

I only got 9 holes in today and came in at a 46. It was a frustrating day, a lot going on so that didn't help my round. Didn't convert many par putts, 2/7 on the chances I had, just way too many three puts. Putting is an amazing thing, even if I am hitting the ball terrible I could make up so many strokes just being able to putt better.

I got a quick 9 holes in with my sons today. I shot 39. My 11 year old had his all time best round ever.....he shot 43. He was smoking his driver and 3 wood all day. If he could cut down on the 3 putts he would have been under 40.

Didn't get a chance to post here yesterday I was whooped! I played 18 holes at Valleywood Golf course. We rode in carts and teed off at 9am. Shot a 86. took a little break got some lunch. Then I went to my home course, Whitepines, and walked 18 holes. I just jumped in with a 3 some of riders. Since it was packed I didn't want to wait around. I shot another 86. All my last few rounds have been the same score. I was pretty tired by the time I was done. Then I had to work 12 hours today.... blah

Nice day for a stroll in the pollen. Number one...a birdie and I'm thinking it's gonna be a good day. Well a three putt on #2 and a shank OB on 3 put me behind the rest of the day. It was a good day except for tee shots, three-putts and pollen. :bulgy-eyes: 82 (42, 40)

Shot a 47/45 92 today. Tee game off again, and this time I was chunking iron shots. Ugh. I did cut down on the three-jacks however, from yesterday's 6 to today's 3. But cutting down the 3-putts doesn't help you when you can't hit an iron shot.

The 9 I kept score on I made a horrid 42 (+7). I had 2 doubles and a ball OB that ended with a bogey. Take away those 3 bad mistakes and I have a 38 (take away one shot from each of the doubles and two from the OB ball).

Played nine holes today and shot a all time high 49. After slamming a par 4 one put birdie the rest of the round went down the drain. Minimum three putt every hole.

I fix the three putts to two or less and I can get to at least the high 30's which I will take!

Played one of the hardest courses I've ever played today from the Tips even though I know I should have moved up. But wanted a challenge and boy did I get one. Shot an even 100. Drives were great today hit all but 2 fairways but my irons were inconsistent and my sand game was horrible today.

So the season has not started too shabby. Opens up with an 84 and then followed it up with 81 and 82 yesterday and today. Last two rounds definitely disappointed didn't keep them in the 70s. Both rounds I had opportunities and then had a meltdown on a hole. Hopefully I can break into the 70s by the end of march. Rbz 3wood has been great off the tee and burner 2.0 irons have been just great hitting greens. Excited by the start hopefully it continues. Best of luck to everyone starting their seasons.

47 today only had 3 good drives still hooking bad off tee and on some irons, but hit irons solid distance wise. Had 1 penalty stroke and 3 chip outs from trees so scrambled decently. 1 bad chip so that was a good sign, still not consistent with putter

Even par on a little par 33 course. Like it when a plan comes together.

Shot a 5 over 40 today. I played a new to me putter for the first time. Didn't have any three putts so that's a general improvement, I lag putted very well. Still needs some work though, I didn't make anything over 5'. Overall it was a great day, drove the ball ok but struck my irons great, I was putting for birdie on four different holes, just couldn't convert.

I played in our annual Member Appreciation Day 4 man Lauderdale. My team was Swanny (74 yrs old), AF Ret (who is 72), and TE (a sprightly 68 and a great putter) - I was the yung-un at 58. Well, members over 70 got to hit from the ladies tees, and Swanny can still hit'em 240 or so, always dead straight, so we had short wedges all day, and I was able to reach all the par 5's; add to that 6 mulligans apiece and we had the formula for success. After 1 eagle and 1 par, and 16 easy birdies, we turned in a 54 and won by and incredible 5 shots. We threw away most of the mulligans trying to make longish eagle putts on the par 5's, but it didn't matter since we were never more than 15 feet away on the other holes. A free tournament and a fun day!

First combined 18 of the year is an 83. Not exactly what I had in mind, but it was silly mistakes more than anything else and I am pleased with that as a starting point for the new year!

Can't wait to get back out!! This unseasonably awesome weather has been a great boost to my golf interest!!

went out alone last night for my first round at my home course. payed for my membership and headed out...gorgeous evening for March 20th in PA.
started out slow...just couldn't get anything going at all. bogey after bogey after bogey. but saved the round by finishing up par/birdie/par for a 40.
game is slowly coming around...and still trying to figure out new clubs.

Went out to Lakeridge here in the GTA. Soggy everywhere, and plugged a couple of shots off the tee. Shot an even 100 which was great for me since it was the second time out this season. Missed a par putt on a par 5 to shoot 99 though. Lessons have trimmed almost 20 strokes off my game so far. Hoping to get into the 80s by seasons end.

Went out to the Pinelands and shot a 40/43 83 today!!! Like OG said before, cutting down on three-jacks really helped my score. I only had one 3 putt today. Thankfully the course had some nice alleys through the trees as again my tee game was inconsistent, but my irons were dead on and the short game was good. Had 7 pars and one birdie (which was a tap in after I burned the edge of the cup with an eagle putt) with only two double-bogeys on the card. I hope I can keep this up.

That's an awesome round JN! Congrats man!

Well done JN! Sounds like the early season work is paying off!

Team Hackers tapping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back